The Lego Movie

Darth Lego

The Lego Movie  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you seen The Lego Movie?

• 6 - 9
    • 10+
    • Never
  2. 2. What is your favorite set?

• 70800 Getaway Glider
    • 70801 Melting Room
    • 70802 Bad Cop's Pursuit
    • 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace
    • 70804 Ice Cream Machine
    • 70805 Trash Chomper
    • 70806 Castle Cavalry
    • 70807 Metalbeard's Duel
    • 70808 Super Cycle Chase
    • 70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair
    • 70810 Metalbeard's Sea Cow
    • 70811 The Flying Flusher
    • 70812 Creative Ambush
    • 70813 Rescue Reinforcements
    • 70814 Emmet's Construct-o-Mech
    • 70815 Super Secret Police Dropship
    • 70816 Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!
    • 70817 Batman & Super Angry Kitty Attack
    • 70818 Double-Decker Couch
    • 70819 Bad Cop Car Chase

I couldn't believe I went to TRU this morning at 6 AM on my way to work to get a Perplexus and they had 3 cases of The Lego Movie minifigs.  I didn't even know these were out.  I was running late and didn't have time to feel them at all so I picked up just 2 for stocking stuffers and left happy. 

After some browsing, here are the store exclusives.

The Flying Flusher (70811) $29.99 - Walmart

Creative Ambush (70812) $39.99 - Target

Rescue Reinforcements (70813) $69.99 - Toys R Us

Yet again, Ripoffs R Us gets the biggest ticket item for an exclusive. Damn, I really wanted that Fabuland t-shirt. Well, guess I'll be heading on over to Bricklink for that one.

Same here. I was surprised to see that the Lego Movie sets were out.

I was also surprised.  It was amazing how many of the sets were gone.  The real reason that I was there was to see if they had any of the Lego Movie minifigures for a Christmas gift.  I asked an employee about if, and she said that they didn't come out until after Christmas, and so I told her that I had seen some of the sets on the shelves. (I figured that if the sets were out, than the minifigures might also be hidden somewhere.)  She told me that all the sets on the shelves were the only Lego Movie sets available.  She also told me that they had put out some sets the other day, and that they had sold very quickly.  I have a feeling that the Lego Movie will far exceed everyone's expectations.

I was also surprised.  It was amazing how many of the sets were gone.  The real reason that I was there was to see if they had any of the Lego Movie minifigures for a Christmas gift.  I asked an employee about if, and she said that they didn't come out until after Christmas, and so I told her that I had seen some of the sets on the shelves. (I figured that if the sets were out, than the minifigures might also be hidden somewhere.)  She told me that all the sets on the shelves were the only Lego Movie sets available.  She also told me that they had put out some sets the other day, and that they had sold very quickly.  I have a feeling that the Lego Movie will far exceed everyone's expectations.

When I was at Target today, I saw about one of each set that was available at Target.

It's a little premature to think the Lego Movie sets are good investments. I feel it's just the prettiest girl in the dance theory would be the best way to put it. There are absolutely no good Lego sets left anywhere at any B&****** at the moment right now. I think everyone is just too hammered and a little frisky at the party and it's almost closing time and just want to bring anybody home at this point.

It's a little premature to think the Lego Movie sets are good investments. I feel it's just the prettiest girl in the dance theory would be the best way to put it. There are absolutely no good Lego sets left anywhere at any B&****** at the moment right now. I think everyone is just too hammered and a little frisky at the party and it's almost closing time and just want to bring anybody home at this point.

When I said that the Lego Movie would exceed everyone's expectations, I was talking about the actual movie, not the sets.  It's a bit too early to start investing in the sets.

When I said that the Lego Movie would exceed everyone's expectations, I was talking about the actual movie, not the sets.  It's a bit too early to start investing in the sets.

I agree. It is too early to invest in these set. We do not know if the movie will be a dud or a masterpiece. If you invest in these sets now and the movie ends up being a dud, it would not look like a good investment. You could also return it if you are able. If the movie exceeds everyone's expectations, these sets may be hard to find in the future if everyone wants them. IMO, it would be a good idea to get a few of the sets now just in case the movie is awesome. If the movie is awesome, they could make great investment. If the movie is a dud, you can return them for a refund or build them for yourself.

I agree. It is too early to invest in these set. We do not know if the movie will be a dud or a masterpiece. If you invest in these sets now and the movie ends up being a dud, it would not look like a good investment. You could also return it if you are able. If the movie exceeds everyone's expectations, these sets may be hard to find in the future if everyone wants them. IMO, it would be a good idea to get a few of the sets now just in case the movie is awesome. If the movie is awesome, they could make great investment. If the movie is a dud, you can return them for a refund or build them for yourself.

I am hoping to pick up the small sets before the movie comes out.  Small sets seem to go the fastest, and if a few of them sell out just after the movie comes out, and if the movie is a hit, than they should be a great quick flip.

Are you sure? I just saw The Flying Flusher at my local Target.

Not really. I was just going by what I heard 'through the brickvine'. I'm guessing whomever originally said it probably went through each retailer's online store and compared what set they could not find listed. Honestly from the look of things, only Rescue Reinforcements is a store exclusive.

Anyway, I'm actually going to try and collect these sets before The Lego Movie premieres in theaters. I have a feeling soon as everyone gets to see just how awesome the film is, these sets will be flying off store shelves. This theme has a certain air of familiarity similar to Ninjago in its first year.

Also to the rumor mill, somebody said something along the lines of a limited production run for these sets. I find that hard to believe anymore but who knows.

Guest eightbrick

Looks like it's gonna be a real set, check out these pictures (there could also possibly be a big pirate ship for metal beard):

7b49MFE.jpg 11599705254_fa55713074_z.jpg

Time to happy dance guys, CLASSIC SPACE IS BACK!  :sorcerer:  :sorcerer:  :sorcerer:

agreed- the movie will be a massive hit. . I know lego have recently opened a new factory to meet demands but if this really kicks off I think we will see a complete sell out of these sets at retail. I( can see obvious surges in general lego themes such as super heroes - for wonder woman and batman.  lets hope so anyway

Guest eightbrick

I forgot to mention the police dropship:

11604052466_d9bdf56800_o.jpg

Apparently it looks like Johnny Thunder (!) will be making a return in this set (See him in the red prison cage). Lego is leaving no stone unturned in pleasing AFOLs with this theme with all the reboots!