The Lego Movie

Darth Lego

The Lego Movie  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you seen The Lego Movie?

• 6 - 9
    • 10+
    • Never
  2. 2. What is your favorite set?

• 70800 Getaway Glider
    • 70801 Melting Room
    • 70802 Bad Cop's Pursuit
    • 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace
    • 70804 Ice Cream Machine
    • 70805 Trash Chomper
    • 70806 Castle Cavalry
    • 70807 Metalbeard's Duel
    • 70808 Super Cycle Chase
    • 70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair
    • 70810 Metalbeard's Sea Cow
    • 70811 The Flying Flusher
    • 70812 Creative Ambush
    • 70813 Rescue Reinforcements
    • 70814 Emmet's Construct-o-Mech
    • 70815 Super Secret Police Dropship
    • 70816 Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!
    • 70817 Batman & Super Angry Kitty Attack
    • 70818 Double-Decker Couch
    • 70819 Bad Cop Car Chase

Guest eightbrick

(sorry for the necro post, just got linked here from a newly created thread on the same topic)

I am extremely pumped for this. The movie looks...eh... good enough for us Lego junkies (not sure about the general public, the question with that is will it be able to connect to the good experience that almost everyone has had with the brick - a little morgan freeman always helps with that), but the news of sets, specifically those oriented around jeweled Lego classics like western and space, sounds awesome.

The picture of the set shown here isnt too impressive, but the SWAT gear for the police will no doubt please brick-armers. It sort of reminds me of Agents, but more of the first wave, which I am more fond of. The face on the protagonist is just perfect. I am sure we are all excited for the release of the movie and sets.

merge then please... how did i miss that lol...

i feel like i was away for a week now.

Wonder why did the search not brought it up when I made new topic name as it should've :o

Not sure why either.  I was hoping you had the link to the other 16 sets...

Alright, guys. I merged all four threads about The Lego Movie including the sets revolving around the story as well as pinned this topic since I am sure much will be talked about it in the following months. So any talk or bits of gossip about the film and its sets should go here.

Well if it includes a wild west theme you can drop the value of Lone Ranger down even further... 

Not sure about this, PB.  I assume there will be, at the most, 3-4 Western themed sets released for the movie (and that's probably high).  I have a feeling this may kindle interest in the LR line of sets since they could be paired with the other Western themed sets soon to be released for the movie.  Think about if they released Fort Legorado, Covered Wagon, and Sherrif's Showdown (or similar sets) for the movie.  Who wouldn't want to pair them with a whole host of other Western themed sets?  All of the LR sets are very universal - apart from the minifigs and the two gatling guns, there's nothing that reads "Lone Ranger" in any of these sets.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Some set names translated from Dutch and pricing we got from a few days ago.

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-movie-set-details/

Escape Glider (70800) - $14.99
Melting Room (70801) - $14.99
Pursuit (70802) - $24.99
Fool('s?) Palace (70803) - $19.99
Ice Machine (70804) - $19.99
Waste Crusher (70805) - $29.99
Castle Cavalry (70806) - $14.99
MetalBeard's Duel (70807) - $29.99
Wyldstyle Chase/Super Cycle Chase (70808) - $34.99
Lord Business' Hideout (70809) - $69.99

28 million really isn't that much of a budget for a movie when the big blockbusters cost over $100 million to make.  Lego will make probably make most if not all of this back just in the box office, and will then have all the merchandise from it.  They will make money.

The merchandise is where companies make money off movies. Since there may be some sets based off the movie, people will want to buy those sets because they liked the movie. If there is a lot of people who like the movie, TLG will definitely make a lot of money of the merchandise.

The merchandise is where companies make money off movies.

True. A movie may only last 4 weeks in theaters, but the producers are also counting on potential licensing agreements that would come about, merchandise, DVD's, books, etc. to make even more. What we see in box office reports is only a tiny glance at the amount of revenue that is made from a movie.

True. A movie may only last 4 weeks in theaters, but the producers are also counting on potential licensing agreements that would come about, merchandise, DVD's, books, etc. to make even more. What we see in box office reports is only a tiny glance at the amount of revenue that is made from a movie.

To your point, check out this I found from wikipedia:

When a film is highly exploitable as a commercial property, its ancillary revenues from merchandising can dwarf its income from direct film sales.[5] Pixar's Cars earned $461 million in theatrical revenues[6]