LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

Oh jeez, didn't know my boy Jang was a Butt-Hurt Bionicle. I captured the exact moment of hurtness that sums it all up in the video below.

Side note, the price is holding firm at $50, my store still had 20 left?, and we're days away from extinction online. I think the price is only going up, if not really up in a month or two. The theme limit sucks, but I can't say no to the GWP plus the cashback I'm getting from Capital One. It's like a minimum of 50% off or even more if this set sky rockets.

Time to triple dip..

1 hour ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

@Captain_Obvious alright, two questions for you, what the heck are you buying in the themes that qualify for this? And assuming you are referencing Capital One shopping, what gift cards are you turning rewards in for? i perused the selection and it was extremely limited. 

I'm buying City and Creator. 50% off those and I am always in. I'm going for the Walmart gift cards. I have to go there any ways to buy stuff for the house, not so much LEGO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gmpirate said:

Maybe my math skills have deteriorated but how does one equate a sell price of $50 into a 50% discount?  Is this a TRU parking lot transaction?

Add the 18% cash back from the Capital One Shopping extension. That's the only reason why I've been going for the Bionicle. Without the 18%, I wouldn't do it. Big thanks to @lodibricks for letting us know about the new extension 

• Like 1

The City Off-Road Ambulance is NOT restricted to City purchases.  Still not the greatest promo, but, with double points, and a $100 buy-in, not the worst... 

Head out for a heroic rescue

Go off the beaten track with this LEGO® City 4x4 Off-Road Ambulance Rescue playset, featuring a rugged toy ambulance, a mountain bike and a dirt track setting. Includes a cyclist and 2 paramedic minifigures. Receive this gift with LEGO® purchases over $100, valid 2/10/23-2/20/23 while supplies last.*

• Like 1

My 2X VIP purchase today. The A Frame Cabin looks amazing in person. I got to go in the back and see the partially built Rivendell set but could not tell if it has a surprise box like Diagon does with a Gollum minifigure. The stone tower section with the built in stone minifigures looks awesome. 

Super nice staff but firm limit of 2 per set and 1 GWP was in full effect. 

81165E7E-A7B3-44E9-B79C-9AA0F084CE0A.jpeg

• Like 7

does anyone know if the online sales pricees are reflected in stores?  i live over an hour from nearest lego store but i will be passing by one today.  i'm maxed out on queeer eye online but store i will be driving by has them instock.  i would stop to get some more for double vip and a promo if they were also on sale 40% off instore.

20 minutes ago, cladner said:

does anyone know if the online sales pricees are reflected in stores?  i live over an hour from nearest lego store but i will be passing by one today.  i'm maxed out on queeer eye online but store i will be driving by has them instock.  i would stop to get some more for double vip and a promo if they were also on sale 40% off instore.

When I was there this past weekend all of the BHZ and Seasonal sets that are 20-30% off online were also on sale in store, but did not look at the QE set. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cladner said:

They are not always "marked" down in store but they always do ring up at the sale price.

• Like 1

Just now, Darth_Raichu said:

95% of the time for me.  Sometimes the store POS rings up MSRP even though the sets are discounted online and labeled as such on displays.  Pay attention to the total before paying

Yes this is true. One time, an associate had to get a manager to manually mark down the price to the sale price. So definitely, keep an eye on the price during checkout.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

95% of the time for me.  Sometimes the store POS rings up MSRP even though the sets are discounted online and labeled as such on displays.  Pay attention to the total before paying

Been a long time that it has not been the case, so I assumed they were consistent now.  I do still however, make sure when they ring me up correctly.

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion