LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

1 hour ago, ravenb99 said:

Went back for more

PXL_20230224_214004414.jpg

Is that Corinthian Leather ;) 

21 minutes ago, pharmjod said:

Is this simply just a matter of knowing somebody at the local Lego store that's willing to sell you gifts with purchase by the case? Or do you have some other connection?

There are 4 different ways I know of, but I only have tried 3.  I heard the 4th involves knee pads in the stock room ;) 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Is that Corinthian Leather ;) 

There are 4 different ways I know of, but I only have tried 3.  I heard the 4th involves knee pads in the stock room ;) 

Way before my time there...Parents did have an Imperial right after those though.  

That is unused back seat Bronco leather so looks nice.  Kid hardly with us anymore so doesn't drive with us much anymore.

Knee pads c'mon man that is way to much effort for a GWP...  I just prefer the good old fashion way.  

imperial.jpg

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, pharmjod said:

Is this simply just a matter of knowing somebody at the local Lego store that's willing to sell you gifts with purchase by the case? Or do you have some other connection?

Just go into a lego store and spend lots of $$$ on a regular basis and you'll be just fine......Or when you do go drop a big amount of $$$......Be sure and deal with a manager...Preferably the store manager

I don't get to a lego store often but when i do that's always been my strategy and it's done good....I have a few stores that always treat me right.......And one that doesn't....LOL

2 hours ago, mlc3423 said:

Just go into a lego store and spend lots of $$$ on a regular basis and you'll be just fine......Or when you do go drop a big amount of $$$......Be sure and deal with a manager...Preferably the store manager

I don't get to a lego store often but when i do that's always been my strategy and it's done good....I have a few stores that always treat me right.......And one that doesn't....LOL

Idk, I've had good relationships with managers over the years and it seems at some point regional management shuts things down.  I've bought directly from managers so they are making the quantity decisions and only come in once per store delivery so they can figure what they can spare.  Whatever their rules or limits were I've abided by.  I've just come to the conclusion that just like every individual store has different rules, regional areas around the country handle things differently too.  Maybe they are just stricter in busier areas and more lenient in slower areas.

• Like 1

I agree. My local store is on its third manager since opening. First manager didn't really like Lego to collecting just wanted to make the store numbers. The second manager was a collector aswell but made sure the store made its numbers and customers were happy. Still figuring out the new one. They have only been there a few months and never was a fan of Lego so very much runs a tight ship.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Thanos75 said:

I agree. My local store is on its third manager since opening. First manager didn't really like Lego to collecting just wanted to make the store numbers. The second manager was a collector aswell but made sure the store made its numbers and customers were happy. Still figuring out the new one. They have only been there a few months and never was a fan of Lego so very much runs a tight ship.

Both valid points from you and gmpirate.....As always YMMV in any case.......Again i'm going off of my experiences and i've learned the busier the store the stricter the rules

I don't have a local store so i don't have the luxury like a lot of people to go whenever i want.....Mine are all 2-3 hours away so i hit them up when i'm doing other business in those cities which varies....And i always abide by the rules whatever they may be

30 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

I only grabbed 1 case, didn’t want to see anybody get their panties in a bunch 🤣

I think with the high buyin and larger supply that this one will be coming back again in some form, but I am still waiting for the Staircase to return and hopefully not as a BN exclusive. 

they come with wheels now too!!!

blades.webp

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, mlc3423 said:

Both valid points from you and gmpirate.....As always YMMV in any case.......Again i'm going off of my experiences and i've learned the busier the store the stricter the rules

I don't have a local store so i don't have the luxury like a lot of people to go whenever i want.....Mine are all 2-3 hours away so i hit them up when i'm doing other business in those cities which varies....And i always abide by the rules whatever they may be

Yeah, that's a little different when you don't have stores near you.  You're not a frequent buyer so no red flags.  But yeah, individual stores get stricter more or less seasonally too. 

35 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

I only grabbed 1 case, didn’t want to see anybody get their panties in a bunch 🤣

I think with the high buyin and larger supply that this one will be coming back again in some form, but I am still waiting for the Staircase to return and hopefully not as a BN exclusive. 

DA6A3188-66CD-4479-8BD7-3437E1641890.jpeg

Buy all you want....You're not offending me any

And i can definitely see this one popping back up in the summertime if it doesn't sell out before then

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion