LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

2 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Would love to see "current value" equivalent of each GWP 

I have not really been on top of the GWP resell; but off the top the ones that appreciated well (from the above graph) are: Lars Homestead, Forest, HP stairs, Blacktron

some years ago I went heavy on GWP to get the Ani. Train and only now seems worth the effort at $40ea.  

40530 Jane Goodall - Ebay shows roughly $30 in the recently sold

40531 Lars Homestead - Ebay shows roughly $50 in the recently sold

40532 Vintage Taxi - Ebay shows roughly $38 in the recently sold

40533 Cosmic Cardboard - Ebay shows roughly $28 in the recently sold

40562 Mystic Witch - Ebay shows roughly $25 in the recently sold

40563 Tribute to Lego House - Ebay shows roughly $25 in the recently sold

40564 Winter Elves Scene - Ebay shows roughly $27 in the recently sold

40566 Ray Castaway - Ebay shows roughly $33 in the recently sold

40567 Forestmen's Hideout - Ebay shows roughly $55 in the recently sold

40577 Harry Potter Grand Staircase - Ebay shows roughly $75in the recently sold

40579 Eiffel's Apartment - Ebay shows roughly $75 in the recently sold

• Like 8

9 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

only 10k initial quantity on houses of world for US stores,  that is super low depending on how many are in later releases.

So the same amount as Halloween Cat & Mouse?

There have been at least 3 production runs globally with the US 10K being 743R2/144R2 as well as 37O2 and 43O2 so probably 30K. 

The “VIP only” has done more to limit eBay availability as the usual sellers that had 100+ Santa’s Workshop have had 0 - 4 of House. So I guess Lego stores in FL are not allowing outright purchases. 

I don’t see these selling out online during the first 10 day window of availability that would be 2.5 Million in VIP sales alone, but could be wrong again.

I have to continue to resist the FOMO. 

5 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

So the same amount as Halloween Cat & Mouse?

There have been at least 3 production runs globally with the US 10K being 743R2/144R2 as well as 37O2 and 43O2 so probably 30K. 

The “VIP only” has done more to limit eBay availability as the usual sellers that had 100+ Santa’s Workshop have had 0 - 4 of House. So I guess Lego stores in FL are not allowing outright purchases. 

I don’t see these selling out online during the first 10 day window of availability that would be 2.5 Million in VIP sales alone, but could be wrong again.

I have to continue to resist the FOMO. 

no clue on production runs of non GWP sets,  I leave the speculating up to you...

lot of stores will be out today or tomorrow at latest unless smaller markets.  At 100 average per store that is only 25k , weekends alone wipe that out even for small stores.   Disney Springs averaging about 100k a day right now and they were at top end with the 400+ of these.  Small stores only get 50-80.  So its spread out accordingly where the sales go.

Lego stores have nothing to do with those peoples quantities either.

Regardless 10k is a very small number to be released on the US store side of things and depending on when they come back should be good for a bit.  Just between the 3 promos it is like $95 in sales so like $65 clear.  Least a 25% discount.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ravenb99 said:

no clue on production runs of non GWP sets,  I leave the speculating up to you...

lot of stores will be out today or tomorrow at latest unless smaller markets.  At 100 average per store that is only 25k , weekends alone wipe that out even for small stores.   Disney Springs averaging about 100k a day right now and they were at top end with the 400+ of these.  Small stores only get 50-80.  So its spread out accordingly where the sales go.

Lego stores have nothing to do with those peoples quantities either.

Regardless 10k is a very small number to be released on the US store side of things and depending on when they come back should be good for a bit.  Just between the 3 promos it is like $95 in sales so like $65 clear.  Least a 25% discount.  

Ugh, I broke down and ordered 3 off of Ebay BO $45 each shipped. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I put in some phantom stock orders yesterday with 50% already canceled, but I added some new small items to guarantee shipment.

Was trying to do that yesterday with 3 X Duplo set and some Pets BHZ but it went OOS by the time I could place an order. 

The VIP Lunar pack seems gone now.

8 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Was trying to do that yesterday with 3 X Duplo set and some Pets BHZ but it went OOS by the time I could place an order. 

Same here......By the time i went to place an order everything was gone

Rakuten is also back down to 2.5%

32 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Stuff was going in an out quick throughout the day.  I first noticed when the Imperial Cruisers were there for a minute.

1 hour ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

looks like house of the world still there. this one gonna be a bust?

$250 buy-in is very high. It doesn't look that exciting. Why would casual fans race to get it? 

It might become a thing if the next houses are somehow super exciting. But I'm not gambling a big order on that chance. Maybe if I get lucky with phantom stock but so far, I've been too slow/not checking frequently enough. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

looks like house of the world still there. this one gonna be a bust?

I was on the fence about this one until I saw the display at the LEGO store. It is tiny and not very impressive. The micro detailed interior is cute, but this should have been a $150 (or less) buy-in GWP. They got way too greedy on this one!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, BrickLover80 said:

$250 buy-in is very high. It doesn't look that exciting. Why would casual fans race to get it? 

It might become a thing if the next houses are somehow super exciting. But I'm not gambling a big order on that chance. Maybe if I get lucky with phantom stock but so far, I've been too slow/not checking frequently enough. 

I see several people use the term and I’ve never been familiar with it, what is a “phantom” order or “phantom” stock?

45 minutes ago, odysea11 said:

I was on the fence about this one until I saw the display at the LEGO store. It is tiny and not very impressive. The micro detailed interior is cute, but this should have been a $150 (or less) buy-in GWP. They got way too greedy on this one!

I passed as well.....Was hoping to place some phantom stock orders but completely missed out......I thought it should've been at $190 like the blacktron

But since it's now gone from Lego Shop i guess they knew what they were doing

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

Shocked, I wonder if they sold out or if they are holding some back for the second availability window.

If the rumor is true that there is only 10,000 total made it does make sense......Then again you never know what Lego has up their sleeves

Edited by mlc3423

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion