LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

10 minutes ago, mlc3423 said:

Houses of the world sets will be fine but the only thing is the buy in is $250 whereas blacktron is $190.........If they were the same or even it was $200 that would make a difference at least in  my opinion.....Blacktron seems to be holding solid at $50 bucks.....Too early to tell what the houses of the world will bring.....And as i mentioned earlier rakuten is 10% cash back today as well

much appreciated

I am curious from a personal collection sort of thing though looking at the house and knowing it is coming back again later

what is your interest level in having a black tron ? mine is a 10

what is your interest level in having one of those houses ? mine is maybe a 5

so I think hands down if it is a choice of one or the other I would choose blacktron

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, starwarsxpress said:

much appreciated

I am curious from a personal collection sort of thing though looking at the house and knowing it is coming back again later

what is your interest level in having a black tron ? mine is a 10

what is your interest level in having one of those houses ? mine is maybe a 5

so I think hands down if it is a choice of one or the other I would choose blacktron

They're actually doing (4) separate houses.......$1k is the buy in to get all 4...(Basically $250 buy in for each one).....The blacktron cruiser buy in for $190 is the better deal for sure in my opinion.....I've already gotten 4 myself and may get a couple more tonight before the sale ends....I'm surprised it's still made it this long unless lego made a ton

I'm mostly surprised that Blacktron is still available. Did they make more after the Forestmen complaints or is stuff not selling? 

Neither gwp is terribly enticing. Not for me, and I'm guessing for the market as well. Although both could be worse. I'm guessing about 20% of the buy in (unless you got lucky on cancelled sets). Compare that to the Ideas sailboat, which was (one of) the first gwp that had a very high buy in ($250, iirc) and is netting maybe 10%. Compare that to some of the Harry Potter sets, they are 50% and better.

Edited by BrickLover80
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BrickLover80 said:

I'm mostly surprised that Blacktron is still available. Did they make more after the Forestmen complaints or is stuff not selling? 

Neither gwp is terribly enticing. Not for me, and I'm guessing for the market as well. Although both could be worse. I'm guessing about 20% of the buy in (unless you got lucky on cancelled sets). Compare that to the Ideas sailboat, which was (one of) the first gwp that had a very high buy in ($250, iirc) and is netting maybe 10%. Compare that to some of the Harry Potter sets, they are 50% and better.

Blacktron is doing very well....Better than i expected.....And most of mine blacktron cruisers i got from buying end of year 20/30/40 percent off sales on top of burning up VIP points i've had saved for some time

As far as sales it's slim pickings right now.....Unless you're buying for yourself or stocking up stuff retiring in 2023 might be best to hold off...As always YMMV

Like most folks i'm looking for stuff retiring from 2022.....Here's hoping tonight they add some new stuff to the sales list to make it worth dropping $250

Edited by mlc3423

Forestmen GWP buy in was $150, $190 for Blacktron was pushing it. 

I also heard the $250 house would be available again later in the year but not sure if that will actually happen as same person said that it was going to be a VIP points reward. That would be nice if you could get it with points later in the year.

Don’t forget I think you get the rabbit set as well, but it can be purchased outright for $10 at other retailers. 

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/year-of-the-rabbit-40575

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

I also heard the $250 house would be available again later in the year but not sure if that will actually happen as same person said that it was going to be a VIP points reward. That would be nice if you could get it with points later in the year.

Don’t forget I think you get the rabbit set as well, but it can be purchased outright for $10 at other retailers. 

thanks so are you dropping 1k to get all four houses when they release ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

I agree with you my friend....Forestmen GWP and HP Staircase were (2) of the best GWP deals last year by far.......I got (4) of each and my only regret is i didn't get more

As far as the house i imagine it will be released later this year especially if sales are slow these next 10 days....$250 is very steep for a buy in unless Rakuten is 15 percent or Double VIP Points

Unless they release more stuff in the sale department i'll probably sit out this round.....As always YMMV

Edited by mlc3423
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, starwarsxpress said:

thanks so are you dropping 1k to get all four houses when they release ?

My cart is loaded, but will see when I get up to go pee in the middle of the night 🤣

For me it would just be for personal collection not to flip as the usual lego store insiders have multiples of these ready to go and although the buy in is higher than Blacktron I don’t see the demand for House #1 being as high. 

44 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

My cart is loaded, but will see when I get up to go pee in the middle of the night 🤣

For me it would just be for personal collection not to flip as the usual lego store insiders have multiples of these ready to go and although the buy in is higher than Blacktron I don’t see the demand for House #1 being as high. 

interesting at ebay there is only 15 listings for the house and its already down to $65.  compared to 300 listings for blacktron with the lowest at $55

have a feeling the world of houses will go below blacktron on what they sell for

23 minutes ago, starwarsxpress said:

interesting at ebay there is only 15 listings for the house and its already down to $65.  compared to 300 listings for blacktron with the lowest at $55

have a feeling the world of houses will go below blacktron on what they sell for

Get on ebay tomorrow and the days ahead and get ready for the good ol "Race to the bottom"....There will be plenty of these just like other GWPs

I can see it holding in the 40-50 range which is what the blacktron is doing.....Again if it were the same buy in as the blacktron or even $200 it wouldn't be so bad....But in my opinion is a bit steep

Edited by mlc3423

10 minutes ago, mlc3423 said:

Get on ebay tomorrow and the days ahead and get ready for the good ol "Race to the bottom"....There will be plenty of these just like other GWPs

I can see it holding in the 40-50 range which is what the blacktron is doing.....Again if it were the same buy in as the blacktron or even $200 it wouldn't be so bad....But in my opinion is a bit steep

All I can think of is Tribute to the Lego House at $250 buy in.

4 minutes ago, wegj15 said:

All I can think of is Tribute to the Lego House at $250 buy in.

Good point....The Tribute Lego House was definitely one of the worst GWP buy in deals of the year....Along with the stupid blanket at $200

World of houses being a modular should still give it some decent value.....And i'm sure if you are able to make complete sets of the (4) you'll be able to get a premium

9 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Speaking of which......that is one UGLY chart. 500+ sellers on ebay, many bundling with other sets just to get rid of them....

Personally I liked this one and got 1, but these look like they will do super poor.

image.thumb.png.65ee46cbd7bfd0fc517d5d1e16404f63.png

They are already doing poor....I only got a few and have (1) left and will be happy to be rid of it....I thought this set would do great but boy was i wrong.....Live and learn and move on

No go for me either, and I am usually a sucker for “LIMITED EDITION” printed on the box. I was going to get the Jazz Club for my modular collection, some more Otters to go with the A Frame and burn a $100 reward but it just doesn’t seem worth it. 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1

I would only want the house of he world for investing purposes and $250 even with the 2 extras is way to high to justify it. Remember there are leftover blacktrons that will reappear at some point in the future. You can get the tribute to the lego house for $25 shipped now!

Edited by corey321
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

House Needed 2 Exclusive Minifigures. Almost all of the parts are available at PAB and Standard PAB qualifies for all 3 GWPs even though the T&C say it doesn’t for the House. Lego has the set value at $19 the forestmen was $25 with 2 Minifigures and a $100 lower buyin. 

52B05D30-DCEF-4BCC-905A-AF3EF73D0567.png

Would love to see "current value" equivalent of each GWP 

I have not really been on top of the GWP resell; but off the top the ones that appreciated well (from the above graph) are: Lars Homestead, Forest, HP stairs, Blacktron

some years ago I went heavy on GWP to get the Ani. Train and only now seems worth the effort at $40ea.  

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion