LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

29 minutes ago, BrickLover80 said:

New Christmas set available ($150). Plus last year's blanket ($200). And two polybags.

If only there was something worth buying left that's not 20% off elsewhere. And I still have an award redemption.... Any suggestions?

I went with the overpriced Lighthouse to build, also got the Red VIP brick and all the GWPs to help soften the blow. You could get 4 X QE at 40% off still, remember it’s a “great parts pack”. 

If I wasn’t at the limit 2 X 31120 and add a Key Chain or BHZ. 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BrickLover80 said:

New Christmas set available ($150). Plus last year's blanket ($200). And two polybags.

If only there was something worth buying left that's not 20% off elsewhere. And I still have an award redemption.... Any suggestions?

I hemmed and hawed about this… but it seems like a solid GWP haul…

B519A720-85F2-4B90-B209-112DD11A8CAD.thumb.jpeg.c432da3c1c197c9c45ac75fb473faa5d.jpeg

• Like 5

When ordering a backordered set its common practice here to add a small in stock item to get GWP order to ship in a timely fashion. My thinking is the Pirate ship adventure ride vip kit should get the GWP and it to ship out. Would I be wrong, should I add a needless keychain?

2 minutes ago, Belac said:

When ordering a backordered set its common practice here to add a small in stock item to get GWP order to ship in a timely fashion. My thinking is the Pirate ship adventure ride vip kit should get the GWP and it to ship out. Would I be wrong, should I add a needless keychain?

I don't think it will ship since it is a Promo and not a paid set. I believe you need at least 1 in stock paid for item, even if you use a reward to pay for it, in order for the items to ship.  

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Belac said:

I've had high number of backordered items later canceled and always ensure part of my order includes in-stock item.  I sometimes root for the backordered items purchased @ RRP to be canceled.

And I do not understand the logic to add a needless keychain.  Plenty of $10 sets out there that will sell for $25+ this time next year.

Edited by carini26

21 minutes ago, Belac said:

Yeah I once had a GWP or promo set (forgot which one) held back whren I paired it with a set that was backordered. Luckily, it did come in after a bit of a wait (might have been a 60 day backorder.

I definitely use a paid item for any promos and a backordered item is involved. I hate keychains but I might go for a minfig blind bag so that it's small enough not to ruin the GWP.

3 minutes ago, carini26 said:

I've had high number of backordered items later canceled and always ensure part of my order includes in-stock item.  I sometimes root for the backordered items purchased @ RRP to be canceled.

And I do not understand the logic to add a needless keychain.  Plenty of $10 sets out there that will sell for $25+ this time next year.

Suppose I'll retract needless from the comment just adding flavor. I'm also at my limit on most of the more favorable cheaper items. 

13 minutes ago, carini26 said:

Historically the add a Keychain became a thing for 2 reasons. First, a keychain used to be a $2 item but at today's prices agreed I always go for a BHZ set to get the GWP/Promo shipped. Also, in the past there used to be an inventory manipulation loophole, that we are not allowed to discuss here, that could be exploited to get multiple GWPs for the price of just a Keychain. 

If I apply VIP Rewards dropping me below the $ amount ($150 for Santa's Workshop), will I still get the promo set?  Random example:  Optimus $179 - $50 Reward = $129.  Do I still get the Santa's Workshop?  Just trying to figure this out before I redeem a vip points.  

1 minute ago, BRIX23 said:

If I apply VIP Rewards dropping me below the $ amount ($150 for Santa's Workshop), will I still get the promo set?  Random example:  Optimus $179 - $50 Reward = $129.  Do I still get the Santa's Workshop?  Just trying to figure this out before I redeem a vip points.  

Yeah, the rewards are like giftcards taken off at checkout.

• Thanks 1

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion