LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

10 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Are you sure about the immediate points? Could you test it out in the reward center please. I’m in a broke point position and have to go to the store to get immediate points to redeem the Bricktober Dragon before it disappears. I’d prefer to skip the mall..

Nope, I am wrong again, and edited my OP. Off to the store you go, Sorry 😢 

And wait a minute I am still holding 15K plus because of you, thankfully, and you are broke  😆 

• Haha 3

Am I thinking of this correctly, the online discount is a better deal than in store?  In store, the Hogwarts Train is 5x points, which makes it equivalent to $125.  Online, it's $100 off which results in paying $400, then this gets 2x points which in turn is $40 ending up with a net of $140.  Not accounting for the small spend of 100 pts to get the discount coupon.

1 minute ago, LegoTriathlete said:

Am I thinking of this correctly, the online discount is a better deal than in store?  In store, the Hogwarts Train is 5x points, which makes it equivalent to $125.  Online, it's $100 off which results in paying $400, then this gets 2x points which in turn is $40 ending up with a net of $140.  Not accounting for the small spend of 100 pts to get the discount coupon.

I was thinking of it the same way. AND I didn’t have to drive two hours to a Lego store 😂 I figure a net $140 off (28%), two substantial gwp’s, and the credit card points I’ll get for the transaction make a pretty solid deal.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, LegoTriathlete said:

Also, if you live in area with sales tax, on the online order the tax is based on $400 (after coupon).  Whereas in store order the tax is on $500.

But I just do not want to be stuck in a mall with a bunch of angry shoppers (who did not want to be there either AND had to spend money to buy gifts) :drag:

16 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

These crappy GWPs and the price thresholds have me sitting this one out.

12 minutes ago, bmalsam16141 said:

I have to disagree. I think the Lego House GWP is very cool. The Winter Elves is so-so.

I'm not sure it's the GWPs, prices, or the economy, but it looks like nothing is selling out. The last few years, all the high priced sets would be TOOS by now. Diagon Alley, Titanic, Cantina, Home Alone... All available.

3 minutes ago, BrickLover80 said:

I'm not sure it's the GWPs, prices, or the economy, but it looks like nothing is selling out. The last few years, all the high priced sets would be TOOS by now. Diagon Alley, Titanic, Cantina, Home Alone... All available.

I'm sure it's a little of both, and they are holding more stock than usual.

20 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

These crappy GWPs and the price thresholds have me sitting this one out.

Agreed, I was considering getting the castle and/or lighthouse. Was up last night looking to buy one and just couldn't pull the trigger. 

For me it is a cumulation of the GWP's are average at best, and then I either already have the sets or they are significantly overpriced. I just don't feel like enabling Lego with the increases, so I will end up waiting for a better deal.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Yeah, the Lego House one just looks like a few little vignettes to me with regular bricks.

You get the actual Name Plate elements that come with all 5 of the full size sets if that means anything to you. 

9 minutes ago, BrickLover80 said:

Don’t forget they have “unlimited” inventory now. How about the 40% off sets still being available. You can buy 1 of each QE and FC and get all of the GWP sans Baking set. 

Edited by Pseudoty

9 minutes ago, BrickLover80 said:

Yeah, the excitement of past years trying to get orders in before things went out of stock is nowhere to be found. Makes shopping a little bit boring this morning.

6 minutes ago, spener90 said:

Agreed, I was considering getting the castle and/or lighthouse. Was up last night looking to buy one and just couldn't pull the trigger. 

For me it is a cumulation of the GWP's are average at best, and then I either already have the sets or they are significantly overpriced. I just don't feel like enabling Lego with the increases, so I will end up waiting for a better deal.

I’m saving the lighthouse for the December GWPs, Santa set and hopefully something a little better. 

I feel like they are significantly overstocked, especially on pricier sets.  But I also think they planned for some larger discounts with the pricing increases they put in place.  Kind of like a Kohls business model.

I saw value in the Batwing, which I'm surprised is still showing available.  Coupled with Rakuten showing 10% early this morning and double VIP it was enough to get me to bite.  

Edited by scratchdesk

1 of each of the 40% off sales (queeer eye + camp nou) gets you to the threshold for both GWP  but not sure about resale potential of these.  still part out value to discounted buyin price is strong.  high partout value can provide base level of price support post EOL.  along with 2x vip and gwp seems like a decent deal but kind of not feeling like taking risks this year on plastic brick money and just stick with what works and/or what i'd like to build.

• Like 3

It’s the economy

they have lots of stock because people aren’t buying plain and simple

the price increases was the wrong thing to do the way they did it but if things were better they would sell out of all the cheaper older sets and they arent

inflation gas food autos etc

I think it’s a good deal for 5x points to get all the vip points for redemptions that may come up if they have the other bricktober sets over the next few months plus two gwp’s that I like

you do you and be happy with what you decide : )

• Like 2

I am glad things are not selling out at this moment. I think Lego needs to provide a better offer , rather than just double points and GWP only.

How about a percentage off select sets or something? 

I am going to sit this one out and see what black friday has to offer.  Hopefully a percentage off certain sets plus GWP does come soon.

Edited by LegoC777
forgot to put some extra wording.

4 minutes ago, starwarsxpress said:

It’s the economy

the price increases was the wrong thing to do the way they did it but if things were better they would sell out of all the cheaper older sets and they arent

I think it’s a good deal for 5x points to get all the vip points for redemptions that may come up if they have the other bricktober sets over the next few months plus two gwp’s that I like

It would definitely be more enticing if they had their 20% - 30% discounts on a select retiring sets.

18 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

You get the actual Name Plate elements that come with all 5 of the full size sets if that means anything to you. 

Nameplates for those little piles of bricks isn't worth dropping $250 for me.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, starwarsxpress said:

It’s the economy

This. My recession indicator senses are going off like crazy. I sometimes feel trying to analyze the data isn't worth it as powerful people will do whatever they can to manipulate the data. But you can just watch for trends at your local shops and get information that data points will fail to teach you.

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion