LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

No idea where else to ask this, but the eyes are here right now:

Are Lego Store/Online gift cards available at any grocery type stores? I don't recall seeing them, but also I've never seriously looked. Just looking for a way to launder some credit card spending for better points

You used to be able to buy Visa GC and use at Lego.com. It’s a bit of a pain now. Have to put GC on your PayPal and then use PayPal to buy Lego GC.

34 minutes ago, scratchdesk said:

I feel like they are significantly overstocked, especially on pricier sets.  But I also think they planned for some larger discounts with the pricing increases they put in place.  Kind of like a Kohls business model.

I saw value in the Batwing, which I'm surprised is still showing available.  Coupled with Rakuten showing 10% early this morning and double VIP it was enough to get me to bite.  

I was on the fence as well but the Rakuten 10% helped seal the deal.....Crazy thing is after placing my order and going to bed i get a notification saying my order has already been processed and shipped

I've never had a lego order ship this quick.....Plus i just scrolled through the higher end sets for fun and not 1 that i can see is on backorder.....Speaks volumes about how they've upset people with the price increases not to mention the looming recession and other things going on

The higher ups at lego might wanna have a roundtable discussion soon to figure out to straighten this mess out or 2023 isn't gonna be pretty!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mlc3423 said:

I was on the fence as well but the Rakuten 10% helped seal the deal.....Crazy thing is after placing my order and going to bed i get a notification saying my order has already been processed and shipped

I've never had a lego order ship this quick.....Plus i just scrolled through the higher end sets for fun and not 1 that i can see is on backorder.....Speaks volumes about how they've upset people with the price increases not to mention the looming recession and other things going on

The higher ups at lego might wanna have a roundtable discussion soon to figure out to straighten this mess out or 2023 isn't gonna be pretty!

also my store strictly enforced gwp's to 1 per person this morning and that has never happened before to me like ever at the store in all the years they have been here.  guess they are having concerns about having enough for next weekend in order to keep their base sales going since they must not be selling much without them so I did one purchase for one set and left

7 minutes ago, BrickLover80 said:

Where did you get 10% Rakuten? I only see 2.5% 

It was only available for a little bit last night from what i understand....I logged in at Legoshop at 10:30 CST last night and had the offer

Between the Rakuten 10 percent, 2x Vip Points, 2 GWP's, Dragon VIP Redemption, and Cash Back on my CC it turned out ok

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, starwarsxpress said:

also my store strictly enforced gwp's to 1 per person this morning and that has never happened before to me like ever at the store in all the years they have been here.  guess they are having concerns about having enough for next weekend in order to keep their base sales going since they must not be selling much without them so I did one purchase for one set and left

I was at Billund last month and stayed at a hotel near Lego House, buying limits were also strictly enforced. My strategy was to go early morning and late. There was one guy who did late weekends and morning shifts though. I just avoided eye contact....

6 minutes ago, coelian said:

I was at Billund last month and stayed at a hotel near Lego House, buying limits were also strictly enforced. My strategy was to go early morning and late. There was one guy who did late weekends and morning shifts though. I just avoided eye contact....

Seems to be that way at a lot of the stores...I hit the Nashville store over the summer and GWPs were limit 1 (HP Staircase and polybag).....Small sets were limit 2 and the bigger sets were limit 1

Just my opinion, but I think that the reason we aren't seeing these larger sets sell out this year like previous years is because there are more options now.

I haven't actually counted, but it feels like there are 2x maybe 3x the number of large sets as in the past, buyers are spreading around their money more.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shortbus311 said:

Just my opinion, but I think that the reason we aren't seeing these larger sets sell out this year like previous years is because there are more options now.

I haven't actually counted, but it feels like there are 2x maybe 3x the number of large sets as in the past, buyers are spreading around their money more.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Good point! Remember years ago we would look forward to the new Modular as the main adult set for the year. Now there are so many sets over $100 and not a single one that wasn’t already OOS prior to the “Sale” has changed including: Milf, Diagon, Titanic and BTTF. 

3 hours ago, mlc3423 said:

My order from last night shipped early this morning too. I was stunned. Usually this time of year it's at least 2 days before an order ships. Either they are really on top of things in the order fulfillment or there just aren't that many orders. I'm guessing it's the latter. The buy in amounts for the GWPs are too high and it's really lame that the discount codes on the sets takes the order total below the GWP threshold. 

4 hours ago, Captain_Obvious said:

I can confirm. No waiting in line at the store, but me. It’s embarrassing what I’m willing to do for points, but it is a dragon and she does have a knight’s shield.

My store had a line outside so I just walked back to my car. I was able to set my eyes on the Razor Crest though and, I have to admit, it's pretty impressive in person.

Hot take: Consumerism is still thriving. People are just not buying any random overpriced junk they can their hands on. Black panther bust (stupid), $500 "Exclusive hogwarts train" (stupid). These are super niche sets targeting a small demographic of people at absurdly high prices. Same goes for all the soccer stadiums (especially in the U.S.).  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jbacunn said:

My order from last night shipped early this morning too. I was stunned. Usually this time of year it's at least 2 days before an order ships. Either they are really on top of things in the order fulfillment or there just aren't that many orders. I'm guessing it's the latter. The buy in amounts for the GWPs are too high and it's really lame that the discount codes on the sets takes the order total below the GWP threshold. 

Not for me. As a child of the 80s, I actually really wanted to get the Atari set eventually, and with the discount I still was above the threshold to earn the Elf GWP (didn't want the Lego House). Plus with double points and the Dragon Ride reward, I am very satisfied with the deals/gifts this year. But I can see how I am probably in the minority. The only thing I dislike is that I ordered a big heavy set with a small GWP which will inevitably be smashed to smithereens.

2 minutes ago, Forge99 said:

I placed an order yesterday and got all the GWP. I want to place another order today for an amount that qualifies again for the GWP, will i still get all the GWP or is it strictly 1 per household/account?

You should have no problem especially with how slow the sales are

21 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

@Captain_Obviousyou may need to go back to the store, word on the street is we are getting the pirate ship next. 9600 points for the set of 4 seems pricey. 

yep hope we get all four.  miss toys r us bricktober : ) so glad I went to the store to get vip points vs coupon savings and then decided to save my vip points and not convert to cash so I could use it for what is next.

• Like 1

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion