LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

To sound like the old guy. I miss the good B/F deals in the past, on sooner rather than later to retire sets [ex. 71044 Disney train, 70620 Ninjago City]. These are good deals if your building the sets, not so much if their sitting on a shelf waiting to appreciate but, I guess that is the point. 

a few notes everything subject to change

apparently there is a question as to if the coupon will lower your sales threshold as relates to getting the gift with purchase online (example Atari from 240 to 195, may or may not require you to buy another 75 for the lego house vs another 35

if you use coupon you cannot redeem a vip reward with it in the same order

looks like 2 x vip points online on net purchase price

it may be that it is one coupon code for order so you can't put the Camaro and the bat mobile together get both discounts in one order

also we may be getting a vip redeemable dragon ride for 2400 points this weekend of which the online purchases if they dont ship immediately this weekend I wonder how long the dragon ride will last

and maybe a baking sheet in store or online not sure applies to select themes

also it looks like 5x vip points in store on select sets if it mirrors europe

my opinon if your looking for cash discount its better online and if your looking for vip points and mint boxes its better in store

so any ways a few questions still out there

more at this article for europe

https://www.stonewars.de/angebote/lego-vip-wochenende-2022/

edit: actually I took a comparison of using coupons and net discounts and 2x vip vs 5x vip and at least in my example if you convert your vip points to coupons for $ off a future set, the savings both ways is identical with the assumption you would be buying something from them in the future, so really in store or online is fine and doesnt make a difference, depends on what your goal is minimal $ or more lego sets

Edited by starwarsxpress
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

So buy Bowser to build get 2X VIP spend 2400 points to get Bricktober Dragon Ride, Lego House Tribute, Elves and Baking set. Good Deal. 

Baking Set (5007685) 11/19/2022 to 11/20/2022, w/ $65+ on City, Classic, Creator 3in1, DOTS, DUPLO, Friends, and/or NINJAGO

• Sad 2

30 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Are 100 pts codes counted as discount or rewards ?  These go to different fields for claiming and have different limits

It's a reward, not a discount. At least that's how it looks to me in the email. So limit one and can't be combined with the dragon. In my experience, also means no Rakuten either way.

Edited by BrickLover80
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

Baking Set (5007685) 11/19/2022 to 11/20/2022, w/ $65+ on City, Classic, Creator 3in1, DOTS, DUPLO, Friends, and/or NINJAGO

Not much to choose from there....Other than the Ninjago City Gardens.....Hate to pay $349.99 when i know it will at some point hopefully to its original price of 299.99 or even less

1 hour ago, brickzoor said:

In store goodies:

508716A1-2A87-45E0-BFF6-800C6CD040A1.jpeg

So it's about the same online and in store right now but not once you get double VIP online. Right now, HE is $500 in store with $125 in points. Online, $400 and $25 in points. But with double VIP, it will be $50 in points.  Plus, I'd rather take the cash discount than more points. 

14 minutes ago, Stonebreaker said:

If LEGO offers VIPx2 and you consider the GWPs to be worth about 50$, then the Hogwarts Express is discounted by approx. 40% (this is true for all the expensive sets).

Worth to invest in or not?

It was just released. It might not live as long as the other big HP sets but I'm sure it won't go before 2024. I'm getting one for my HP obsessed daughter and me to build together but way too early to buy as investment. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BrickLover80 said:

It was just released. It might not live as long as the other big HP sets but I'm sure it won't go before 2024. I'm getting one for my HP obsessed daughter and me to build together but way too early to buy as investment. 

Sorry, what I meant was buy at BF and sell before Xmas (i. e. a short-time investment).

Not a GWP but:

• A hardcover version of the original – Please note, unlike the original edition of this book, this version has a glossy hard cover. It is not a limited edition and does not come with a slipcover case

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/ferrari-daytona-sp3-the-sense-of-perfection-5007627

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Not a GWP but:

• A hardcover version of the original – Please note, unlike the original edition of this book, this version has a glossy hard cover. It is not a limited edition and does not come with a slipcover case

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/ferrari-daytona-sp3-the-sense-of-perfection-5007627

Very interesting.. I've seen a few of these sell on eBay for good money. I don't think the public fully knows though. Kinda confusing too because some LEGO influencers were given the original Limited Edition version but without the numbering?

This dude Calloway on eBay is going full send on the rep's and purposely leaving out the item # which would identify that it's not L.E.

However, he's making bank. Can't wait to see some of you scum bags get on this gravy train lol..

image.thumb.png.d1ac9e07d27c1e6b3cdb3239f8f556ef.png

image.png.a15e909c4c820302b71efc88f75baa62.png

Just now, Captain_Obvious said:

Very interesting.. I've seen a few of these sell on eBay for good money. I don't think the public fully knows though. Kinda confusing too because some LEGO influencers were given the original Limited Edition version but without the numbering?

This dude Calloway on eBay is going full send on the rep's and purposely leaving out the item # which would identify that it's not L.E.

However, he's making bank. Can't wait to see some of you scum bags get on this gravy train lol..

image.thumb.png.d1ac9e07d27c1e6b3cdb3239f8f556ef.png

image.png.a15e909c4c820302b71efc88f75baa62.png

yeah, smart early move by him but its limit 1 so theres that

• Like 1

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion