LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

19 minutes ago, pharmjod said:

Interesting. I  think the blacktron GWP looks like hot garbage. I've seen better designs from 10 year olds. 

And before you say anything, I grew up in the 80s and played with blacktron when I was a kid. Even my nostalgia goggles don't redeem that set 

It’s not always what’s in the box, sometimes it’s just the box itself.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2022 at 11:25 AM, Pseudoty said:

Word on the street is Zelda is coming, based on the no more Zelda Ideas submissions being allowed, called code name Project Lemon. 

I saw somewhere that project lemon has been "confirmed" (whatever that means in the world of internet rumors) as being a Sonic the Hedgehog theme. Which would be a bummer.

• Like 1

New in the Rewards section  the 2023 Panda Creator polybag (500 points) and a refreshed version of 2018's 30541 Animal Free Builds polybag (300 points).  Might be a new keychain as well - there are 2 retro keychains now.  Not sure if 1 is new, or I just wasn't paying attention...  No sign of the next Bricktober yellow-box version, yet....

image.png.6384118561d11d2b346896d2dfcf300e.pngimage.png.44aa1613da4b649951774cbc92071374.pngimage.png.90f38de269fca852b91720166a68db08.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, choptsui02 said:

Would it possible to double dip GWP on 1/14 at 9:00 P.M (PST) and get the Blacktron along with Houses of the World GWP that's supposedly releasing on 1/15? Thanks 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M1g_e2TRJJsQ_XdIhwi6EZ-ojMYmoZWs/view

I don't think so anymore. In the past sets would sometimes drop a few minutes early and double-up could occur but now it seems that they reset the site and get kick everyone to waiting queue. 

• Like 1

You could wait until the 27th to get the House and the Bionicle if $100 of your $250 purchase will be from: Friends, City, Ninjago & X. Not sure how many of the “Limited Edition” houses will be made but the $250 threshold should help it last. This will be the first of a series of 4 houses from around the world, so $1K buy in for the set. No information when the next ones will be available. 

• Like 3

I’d like to do a group temperature check on the #2 GOAT GWP- 40580 Blacktron…

Our days are numbered to get this thing free with purchase. I’ve seen a few go for $45 on eBay, but for the most part, it’s holding around $60+ shipped.

Does anyone know how much the stores got, is it truly gone on the 14th, and if it does go- what’s the floor looking like moving forward.

• Like 3

On 1/8/2023 at 3:09 PM, Captain_Obvious said:

I can't find anything I want, so which one of you scumbags want to sell it direct to me for $55 shipped?

I'll pay via Zelle and have references on BP. DM...

Still available and a bunch of the new sets like the LOTR BHZ, SC Nissan and the Bird House that were OOS are now orderable or on BO and the CNY sets came out today. I grabbed another but there doesn’t seem to be any shortage of these in store or online they probably made a ton plus the buy in doesn’t help. 

Ebay and BL have had them for $50 or below. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Still available and a bunch of the new sets like the LOTR BHZ, SC Nissan and the Bird House that were OOS are now orderable or on BO and the CNY sets came out today. I grabbed another but there doesn’t seem to be any shortage of these in store or online they probably made a ton plus the buy in doesn’t help. 

Ebay and BL have had them for $50 or below. 

I got one from a fellow BP’er with a late Merry Christmas discount. Cool people. Thanks everyone for reaching out.

Edited by Captain_Obvious
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, starwarsxpress said:

last few hours for the blacktron gwp

wondering if I should get another one

my local store is out of blacktron for a few days

is anyone else not thrilled with the houses of the world or am I missing something and the set of four will be great ?

Houses of the world sets will be fine but the only thing is the buy in is $250 whereas blacktron is $190.........If they were the same or even it was $200 that would make a difference at least in  my opinion.....Blacktron seems to be holding solid at $50 bucks.....Too early to tell what the houses of the world will bring.....And as i mentioned earlier rakuten is 10% cash back today as well

• Like 1

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion