LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

2 hours ago, spener90 said:

I’ve been able to use all of my codes well beyond 60 days.

The codes are guaranteed for 60 days from what I understand but yes they could possibly work beyond 60 days. However, if you don’t use them before they expire, then you can call to get your VIP points back even though they are expired at least from my experience, the difference is, I think it’s been twice in the last year that even though the codes valid and you can add it to the cart it doesn’t ship because they don’t have them anymore, hence since the architecture set seems valuable I placed my orders last night : )

1 hour ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Dang, Bionicle is crushing it. Not even sold out, only $100 buy-in, and this thing is holding at $50 shipped. Thinking about going for a 3rd. Wondering if LEGO will cut me off with the limit. They didn’t do it with the second. Only doing this because Cap 1 continues to offer me 18%- and it actually works.

I've gotten 4 so far with no issues and may get a few more before it runs out......With the limited number of sets to choose from i'd imagine that's the main reason it's still available

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

The Pizza Delivery Van has gotten a name change to Moving Van $160 purchase and pushed until after this on the 10th with $100 purchase  

90563DC6-F12E-4841-833D-DD7347EAC9D5.jpeg

Brickfanatics has it as a removal van #40586....And says buy in is at $160

https://www.brickfanatics.com/more-details-lego-icons-10312-jazz-club-gwp

Edited by mlc3423
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Dang, Bionicle is crushing it. Not even sold out, only $100 buy-in, and this thing is holding at $50 shipped. Thinking about going for a 3rd. Wondering if LEGO will cut me off with the limit. They didn’t do it with the second. Only doing this because Cap 1 continues to offer me 18%- and it actually works.

It might be a supply thing. At least for me, I don't have mine yet.

The Blacktron cruiser did the same. I sold two for good money and the last two are now bricks and prices are way down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrickLover80 said:

It might be a supply thing. At least for me, I don't have mine yet.

The Blacktron cruiser did the same. I sold two for good money and the last two are now bricks and prices are way down.

Interesting about the supply issue, but my 2 orders were probably first in line at 5a day of release. I made decent money selling these vintage GWPs singularly, but I do even better selling curated collections or complete themes in minty boxes to emotional buyers.

I'm going to play "The Hits" again and go with selling the GWP Forestmen, Blacktron, and Bionicle (and whatever comes next, if there is a next vintage reissue) as a collection. It worked well with the GWP coins, Pooh's, and Fiats.

You only need one buyer and that guy is always willing to pay a lot more, but it has to be a collection, minty boxes, and have a strong reputation as a LEGO seller. That dude ain't on BrickLink for several reasons (he doesn't know about it, hard to find collections on there, no pics usually, complicated shipping and returns, etc).

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Interesting about the supply issue, but my 2 orders were probably first in line at 5a day of release. I made decent money selling these vintage GWPs singularly, but I do even better selling curated collections or complete themes in minty boxes to emotional buyers.

I'm going to play "The Hits" again and go with selling the GWP Forestmen, Blacktron, and Bionicle (and whatever comes next, if there is a next vintage reissue) as a collection. It worked well with the GWP coins, Pooh's, and Fiats.

You only need one buyer and that guy is always willing to pay a lot more, but it has to be a collection, minty boxes, and have a strong reputation as a LEGO seller. That dude ain't on BrickLink for several reasons (he doesn't know about it, hard to find collections on there, no pics usually, complicated shipping and returns, etc).

I hope so I was able to score 2 sealed cases of 4, plus some singles, that might be worth more to that special buyer. 

62DE15F4-F52B-4F7D-83B8-D97AA4958341.jpeg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

I hope so I was able to score 2 sealed cases of 4, plus some singles, that might be worth more to that special buyer. 

62DE15F4-F52B-4F7D-83B8-D97AA4958341.jpeg

Haha, from the thumbnail of this pic on the front page, I was sure that all the Bionicle was Photoshopped in as a joke.

I'll just go ahead and make it true.
image.png.9e285996a912a323a3bdeaa0457fe0ef.png

• Haha 3

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion