LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

2 hours ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

silly that it's the same house. so much for being "limited."

they always said it was coming back on that one from the get go.  Less than the first round of 10k for stores so still well below any other GWP,  I've posted some of the runs of the most popular ones past few years and all were 50-75k.  

LEGO isn't making 10k or less of anything, wouldn't make sense.  Some of the older GWP's smaller ones back 5 years ago or so like the pods and easter huts and stuff were all like 250k and higher.   Those actually had case run numbers on them so you could figure them out pretty easy.  Some had multiple runs too. 

• Like 1

For me House 1 is all about it looks like crap and nobody wants it. Then House 2-4 come out and look amazing and everyone wants to complete their set, but I will probably be wrong. 

Hopefully with this schedule we can get House 2 as early as May, but at least this year. This line isn’t worth dragging out over 4 years. 

Edited by Pseudoty

3 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Your gift with a purchase of a Happy Meal 🤡🤐

https://www.lego.com/en-us/vip/rewards-center/rewards

image.thumb.png.3cca8521ab2f02ef338e13acbae244a9.png

The whole VIP rewards thing is a brilliant move by LEGO.  Buyers use points to claim some random things, but buyers still need to purchase more stuffs from S@H to actually get those things shipped. The more reward items buyers claim, the more purchase buyers need to get the items.  Thus creating vicious cycles of buying.   

Whoever came up with this system deserved a bonus.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

thanks...I can't get the pictures of any of the items to show up so no clue what they were...

I wouldn’t doubt LEGO did that on purpose:

LEGO Boss: “Hey minion, how’s the redemptions doing with the new McDonald’s Happy Meal-grade rewards?”

LEGO Minion: “Not good”

LEGO Boss: “Take the images down”

LEGO Minion: “Bait n’ Switch?”

LEGO Boss: “Exactly. We can at least count on that Captain Obvious idiot to think it’s a Batpod and bite!”

Captain Obvious: “Yasss!” —1 minute later— “Ahhh, F me”

@pharmjod: “🫣”

interesting on gwp's of late

my store never has any left over after the date

when I called and asked "do you have any of the moving truck left over ?" they respond with "that promotion ended last Friday"

ie they dont answer whether they ran out or any

thought maybe it was just my store being stricter

so I called another one today and said "do you have any of the moving truck left over ?" and they responded with "that promotion ended last week"

makes it seem like they are changing to anything left over gets returned the day after the promotion is over

they used to tell me when they ran out and if they really ran out they could just say "well we had some for a couple of days but ran out on Sunday" or something like that

On 3/3/2023 at 4:27 PM, Pseudoty said:

For me House 1 is all about it looks like crap and nobody wants it. Then House 2-4 come out and look amazing and everyone wants to complete their set, but I will probably be wrong. 

Hopefully with this schedule we can get House 2 as early as May, but at least this year. This line isn’t worth dragging out over 4 years. 

hey @Pseudoty I agree with you house 1 looks terrible and I didn't buy anything to qualify when it was available as I thought it wasn't worth buying.  moving truck is better. bionicle is better.

that said I am going to go on and get one for about 45 shipped before this thing takes off

optional: if house 2 is awesome, thank you.  if house 2 is as terrible as the first one, I should have passed lol

• Like 2

interesting on gwp's of late
my store never has any left over after the date
when I called and asked "do you have any of the moving truck left over ?" they respond with "that promotion ended last Friday"

ie they dont answer whether they ran out or any
thought maybe it was just my store being stricter

so I called another one today and said "do you have any of the moving truck left over ?" and they responded with "that promotion ended last week"

makes it seem like they are changing to anything left over gets returned the day after the promotion is over

they used to tell me when they ran out and if they really ran out they could just say "well we had some for a couple of days but ran out on Sunday" or something like that

You got this cryptic answer because the stores were told NOT to ship the extras back. This promo will return but date/criteria are unknown. For now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, DadsAFOL said:

You got this cryptic answer because the stores were told NOT to ship the extras back. This promo will return but date/criteria are unknown. For now.

that explains things

4 hours ago, mplsabdullah said:
4 hours ago, DadsAFOL said:

My local store told me they sent the remaining Blacktron promos back per Lego orders.

that explains things

lol clear as mud 

1 minute ago, starwarsxpress said:

that explains things

that explains things

lol clear as mud 

2 minutes ago, starwarsxpress said:

that explains things

that explains things

lol clear as mud 

2 totally different types of promos.  Blacktron was a limited high demand one that most stores ran out of.  Those type usually do get sent back.  The delivery truck was a highly producted high buy in set that had a lot left over.  Only reason they held it back was there was another one right behind it with the 2nd wave of the world of houses.  They usually don't allow 2 big ones to stack.  They'll sometimes let smaller ones stack like say a year of rabbit and another better one.  

Basically will fill in delivery trucks whenever this is another lull in scheduled GWP's of that type.  Pretty much do it year round with other ones too.  

Either way the delivery truck date ran out and the house started so they can say whatever they want and it all ends up the same for now.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mr_Coat said:

Does anyone know what the next March GWP is, when it will be released, and potential buy in threshold?

I thought it was an Easter bunny, mid march sometime?

Just trying to time my next purchase. Thanks!

I'm guessing Monday 3/13 Easter bunny previously pictured. 

• Like 1

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion