LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

1 hour ago, spener90 said:

image.gif.a2a9f60696fa8c51c734ab4c7de99ddf.gifThese are not the deals you are looking for.

But seriously, lame GWP, overpriced new sets, and the deals are on mostly weak sets.

Swiss rrp is 20-30% higher than france, i bought a bunch of republic fighter tanks and ahsoka brickheadz to get the gwps. 

These are not available in normal retail stores except the only lego store we have in zurich. With double vip and ghe gwps this were my best options to get sets retiring this year. I'm just hoping they don't delay retiring ahsoka. Btw when is the new series starting? 

Finally was able to get an order in.  In the US. Used 100 VIP pts to get $30 off code for Justifier.  And added a discounted battlepack to get all 4 GWP. 

Seriously, we need to respond to surveys and asked them to fire their website developers.

I used the 100 points to get $15 off the Dark Trooper Helmet, needed that one still to keep my collection complete, and it brought me below the $150 threshold. So unlike VIP “$” off Reward you have to actually spend above $150 to get all the GWPs. 

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

I used the 100 points to get $15 off the Dark Trooper Helmet, needed that one still to keep my collection complete, and it brought me below the $150 threshold. So unlike VIP “$” off Reward you have to actually spend above $150 to get all the GWPs. 

Same thing happened to me with the Justifier. I added a Republic Fighter Tank.

• Like 1

In EU everything SW still available, few backorders. Until short after midnight a Stonewars promo was still active to get the Charles Dickens GWP added. So 4 GWP's and double VIP points conviced me to order some SW sets.

23 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

is there a list of what is 5x in stores?

75323 The Justifier

75326 Boba Fett's Throne Room

75332 AT-ST

75338 Ambush on Ferrix

75343 Dark Trooper Helmet

I would like to know this, too, just in case.

When I go to SAH > my store's page > I'm just seeing the 5x logo, but no sets:

image.thumb.png.167b67fd05ceac9192a0b4a69af98b5c.png

23 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

I would like to know this, too, just in case.

When I go to SAH > my store's page > I'm just seeing the 5x logo, but no sets:

image.thumb.png.167b67fd05ceac9192a0b4a69af98b5c.png

It is the sets he listed after he edited his post. The same 5 that are discounted with the VIP Code for 100 Points. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

It is the sets he listed after he edited his post. The same 5 that are discounted with the VIP Code for 100 Points. 

That's correct. And basically a way to give about the same discount in store: 5 times VIP points comes out to about the same as 20% off and double VIP on the rest.

Yes, 20% off a bit better (25% vs 28% off), especially because you pay sales tax on a lower amount and can get cash back. But it's harder to qualify for the GWP and there are limits online.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HollyS said:

VIP Sweepstakes: Sterling Silver R2-D2 – May 4-14 – 50 VIP points per entry

thanks for trying to help

what page is it on ?

under rewards I see featured rewards win a lego Star Wars fan bundle

under biggest event in the galaxy has returned I see star destroyer, fan bundle, two prints, two comics and 5 set discounts

under collectibles I don't see it

under vip home I don't see it

think I need glasses

Well went to my store

nothing special no more Star Wars than a normal day no 5 x table of sets no nothing for what used to make this special

either they are waiting till 5-4 or they didn’t get a shipment or something

Left the store …. Didn’t buy anything and happier with my spring fun vip packs plus 3 x gwp and 2 x vip and coupons online plus 8 percent cash back orders I have placed

2 hours ago, starwarsxpress said:

Well went to my store

nothing special no more Star Wars than a normal day no 5 x table of sets no nothing for what used to make this special

either they are waiting till 5-4 or they didn’t get a shipment or something

Left the store …. Didn’t buy anything and happier with my spring fun vip packs plus 3 x gwp and 2 x vip and coupons online plus 8 percent cash back orders I have placed

My store had 5X signs under the few sets that were special.  Actually, my store had a bunch of box damaged throne rooms 20% off.  I didn't think to ask if the 5X worked on them as well.  

Anyone waking up with a hangover/regrats after yesterday lol.

I'm feeling pretty good. Didn't meet all my expectations. Here's my take:

• Deathstar GWP: I'm liking this thing more by the minute
  • Coin GWP: wasn't excited at first, but I can't forget the success of the last coins
  • Polybag: not much to make here, but it's a fantastic bag
  • CB: I don't know why, but my trick to get the 18% back fell thru. It consistently worked for months, but they still offered 9%, so I'll take it
  • 2x points: I bought the Cantina so I'm back in the game with 5200 points
  • The Cantina: bummed that I saw Amazon lower the price on the same day, but still got it for under $250 with all the reimbursements
  • VIP Poster: bummed this didn't sell out on the first day, but once things ship from the warehouse, and folks get their points, this thing might just sell out in the next few days

I'm happy. GWPs were solid, cashback and points were decent, and I get the Cantina back in my stable.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Anyone waking up with a hangover/regrats after yesterday lol.

I'm feeling pretty good. Didn't meet all my expectations. Here's my take:

• Deathstar GWP: I'm liking this thing more by the minute
  • Coin GWP: wasn't excited at first, but I can't forget the success of the last coins
  • Polybag: not much to make here, but it's a fantastic bag
  • CB: I don't know why, but my trick to get the 18% back fell thru. It consistently worked for months, but they still offered 9%, so I'll take it
  • 2x points: I bought the Cantina so I'm back in the game with 5200 points
  • The Cantina: bummed that I saw Amazon lower the price on the same day, but still got it for under $250 with all the reimbursements
  • VIP Poster: bummed this didn't sell out on the first day, but once things ship from the warehouse, and folks get their points, this thing might just sell out in the next few days

I'm happy. GWPs were solid, cashback and points were decent, and I get the Cantina back in my stable.

Nice breakdown! I only did 1 order to get the coin and the DS2. Grabbed the new BHZ 5 pack x 2, a battle pack and used the Dark Trooper $15 discount code which kept me from getting the Poster. 

The Cantina is a great build, awesome minifigs, I just have trouble displaying it with max visual appeal. I know you will really enjoy this set for your personal collection. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/1/2023 at 2:06 PM, starwarsxpress said:

thanks for trying to help

what page is it on ?

under rewards I see featured rewards win a lego Star Wars fan bundle

under biggest event in the galaxy has returned I see star destroyer, fan bundle, two prints, two comics and 5 set discounts

under collectibles I don't see it

under vip home I don't see it

think I need glasses

It's up.

Good luck, I hope you don't win.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/vip/rewards-center/rewards

image.thumb.png.1265ff144b17b980e100cda176c1e12f.png

• Like 3

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion