LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

4 minutes ago, Dr Jedi said:

When it comes to redeeming VIP points to take money off a set, are we still capped at a single $100 discount?  Or is there a way to get a greater discount off these larger sets?

I belive you can use as many $ amount VIP vouchers as you want on a single order. But an item/set VIP voucher is 1 per order.

• Like 1

keep in mind that if possible if you are buying lots, the in store 5 x vip is a better deal than the coupon, as online you have to expend some small points to get the coupon and as the coupon reduces the $ spent on the order and you have to buy more in the order to get the gwp

also the points you earn are posted shortly after in store so you can then use them to get the limited poster on line

unless of course you get a lot of cash back in which case you probably don't care about the difference or timing of points

that said even though we will probably get the x wing poly in store I'd rather do online orders but I am not sure how many orders online in a row I can do so I'll probably do both on line and in store

• Like 2

I appreciate the quick responses.  I'm actually looking at picking up the Colosseum as I want to snag one before it retires, and I have family wanting to contribute to the cause.  I'm just trying to figure out how much of my own VIP points I can use to bring down the overall cost.  

5 minutes ago, Dr Jedi said:

I appreciate the quick responses.  I'm actually looking at picking up the Colosseum as I want to snag one before it retires, and I have family wanting to contribute to the cause.  I'm just trying to figure out how much of my own VIP points I can use to bring down the overall cost.  

You can "REDEEM" as many Discount codes as points you have available but you can only apply 5 or 8 per order (I cant remember but I know I did 5 once)  and the total of the order must be at least $0.01 greater than the total amount of the rewards. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

You can "REDEEM" as many Discount codes as points you have available but you can only apply 5 or 8 per order (I cant remember but I know I did 5 once)  and the total of the order must be at least $0.01 greater than the total amount of the rewards. 

That completely answers my question.  Thanks for all the help everyone!

On 4/24/2023 at 1:16 PM, Captain_Obvious said:

Hold on now. Did you see this @Pseudoty? Last year you guys did pretty good on that Landspeeder print (I skipped). Might have to jump in with all the GWPs, points, points for discount, and now with the limited print. This year is looking pretty good actually. Also, figured out how to game the CP1 cash back at 18% for future use (until they fix it). 

https://www.lego.com/en-us/page/star-wars-day-deals

image.thumb.png.e197adc5eba782ce05216bff7596cff0.png

I will probably grab the Print to flip I just wish they would ship it protected somehow.

I was hoping the UCS Razor Crest was 5X VIP but looks like not in the USA just other regions. I am struggling to figure out what to buy just to hit the $150 threshold to get the GWPs not so much a SW set fan anymore. 

1 minute ago, Pseudoty said:

I will probably grab the Print to flip I just wish they would ship it protected somehow.

I was hoping the UCS Razor Crest was 5X VIP but looks like not in the USA just other regions. I am struggling to figure out what to buy just to hit the $150 threshold to get the GWPs not so much a SW set fan anymore. 

I was hoping the 5x on the Cantina. I’ve owned and sold it 3x already. Now I want to build it. Ran some numbers and it looks like I can get it for $218:

- GWPs: all 3 for $50 worse case

- 18% cb with CP1

- 10% back with 2x points

- Print: hopefully clears $20

Still undecided though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

How much are we thinking the print will be worth? 3500 points for that?

Edited by LegoPicker88888

8 hours ago, starwarsxpress said:

I am a big fan of the prints and have last years but $27 usd in points for a print I just don't see it

I didn’t see it either with the Landspeeder print last year, but those were going for $50+ easy. To me, you’re rolling the dice between $20 - 50. Take the $27 guarantee or risk $7 to potentially double that.

Landspeeder was limited to 5k and sold out in a day (I believe quicker). This one is limited to 3.5k. What can I say — I’m a sucker for Limits because Butthurt’s do exist.

47 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

I didn’t see it either with the Landspeeder print last year, but those were going for $50+ easy. To me, you’re rolling the dice between $20 - 50. Take the $27 guarantee or risk $7 to potentially double that.

Landspeeder was limited to 5k and sold out in a day (I believe quicker). This one is limited to 3.5k. What can I say — I’m a sucker for Limits because Butthurt’s do exist.

Yes, I presold mine after it was in warehouse for $99 and it arrived damaged and the buyer still wanted it and was happy. Like you said more limited and this one looks better and is more iconic. 

3 hours ago, Captain_Obvious said:

The print cost 3,500 VIP points. That’s not the limit for the printing. If you zoom in to the picture of the print it says #…. of 15,000 - or at least that’s what it looks like to me. It’s pretty grainy all zoomed in.

IMG_0153.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Chormeister said:

The print cost 3,500 VIP points. That’s not the limit for the printing. If you zoom in to the picture of the print it says #…. of 15,000 - or at least that’s what it looks like to me. It’s pretty grainy all zoomed in.

IMG_0153.jpeg

Nice catch. Swear I saw the 3500 limit. Not in a position to research right now, but I will follow up on this. 15k does make me think twice.

The site states that you can redeem VIP points for discounts on selected Star Wars sets and that there are details in the reward centre. I assume this is in addition to the usual vouchers that you can buy with points. I can't see any details of it in the VIP section. Has anyone managed to find relevant details on the site? Not sure if I'm being blind.

image.png.830774f3edd04f94bb06c06c74a059b3.png

Edited by CsabaLazlo

1 hour ago, CsabaLazlo said:

The site states that you can redeem VIP points for discounts on selected Star Wars sets and that there are details in the reward centre. I assume this is in addition to the usual vouchers that you can buy with points. I can't see any details of it in the VIP section. Has anyone managed to find relevant details on the site? Not sure if I'm being blind.

image.png.830774f3edd04f94bb06c06c74a059b3.png

yes it’s for supposedly 20% off online the same five sets you can get 5 x vip in store

im confused though

you spend 100 points to get 20 % off so you spend about $.75 for the coupon, then you get 20 % off the set but you still get 10 % points on the balance so how is the store better except paying more to get more gwp

example in store $100 5 x vip set get $25 vip points equivalent plus two thirds of the way to all three gwp

Online pay $.75 in points to get a coupon for 20 % off.  Pay $80 then get $8 in vip points.  So that’s $28 off instead of $25 off but you need to spend another $20 to get the reward but you can get cash back too.

I’ll go by the store but will place most orders online based on this unless the coupons aren’t worth 20 % off

if someone want to detail all of this and figure out the implied loss of value for being $20 short towards the $150 in terms of value of the rewards please do but it is close enough to be online to me : )

what is a safe number of orders to place at midnight 3 ?  Then once in warehouse more in the morning ?

have lots of catch up to do on retiring sets

by the way since I don’t think we are getting 5 x on the obi vader set for usa Amazon has them 30 percent off so I just went with that.  30 off vs points and gwp seems to be too much to not take the 30 percent off

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chormeister said:

IMG_0153.jpeg

Alright, so I got my info from Promobricks on the 3,500 limited prints or "pieces," as Google is translating it. I've had issues in the past, though, with translating that site. I believe your close-up makes the most sense. They sold the 5k very quickly last year, and I'm sure they got the wrath of the Butthurts, so they're tripling it this year.

Still, with the 15k, I believe the two-week resell range will be from $20-50, conservatively speaking -- it's Star Wars and Numbered.

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-may-the-4th-2023-event/161204/

image.thumb.png.aea9d11455a5fe144f41100e1164ce7f.png

Edited by Captain_Obvious
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Alright, so I got my info from Promobricks on the 3,500 limited prints or "pieces," as Google is translating it. I've had issues in the past, though, with translating that site. I believe your close-up makes the most sense. They sold the 5k very quickly last year, and I'm sure they got the wrath of the Butthurts, so they're tripling it this year.

Still, with the 15k, I believe the two-week resell range will be from $20-50, conservatively speaking -- it's Star Wars and Numbered.

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-may-the-4th-2023-event/161204/

image.thumb.png.aea9d11455a5fe144f41100e1164ce7f.png

I don’t disagree and I’ll probably get it …

but for $27 us in vip points your getting something that will sell between 20 and 50 less eBay fees and shipping

seems like $27 off a retiring set would be a better guaranteed return ?

watch it sell for $100 now that I said that lol

who knows

On 4/29/2023 at 5:44 PM, Pseudoty said:

Remember online the discount code keeps you from redeeming any additional VIP GWPs like the Print. 

hey what’s the most orders in a row after midnight that you feel would be safe or how do you manage it if you want to place a bunch of orders ?  nothing will be over the limits just trying to buy all retiring Star Wars sets appreciate any help

1 hour ago, starwarsxpress said:

hey what’s the most orders in a row after midnight that you feel would be safe or how do you manage it if you want to place a bunch of orders ?  nothing will be over the limits just trying to buy all retiring Star Wars sets appreciate any help

1 hour ago, starwarsxpress said:

How many orders are you considering? Normally, as long as you aren't going over the limits on anything, you should be fine. 

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion