LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

1 hour ago, starwarsxpress said:

any opinion on this pirate ship ? trying to decide if I want to get one or not : )

I went to NYC this weekend for the first time since I was back into Lego over 10 years ago. So I went to the Lego store yesterday and they had a ton of them and they were also just giving out free SC Polybag with no purchase necessary.  The “Limited Edition” on the box has very limited meaning ;) 

I wanted the NYC lego plate or sticker that goes with the Lego Store set asked 3 different associates and got 3 different answers from “I have no clue what you are talking about” to “It is included inside the box”. I was not impressed with the store. 

33 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

I went to NYC this weekend for the first time since I was back into Lego over 10 years ago. So I went to the Lego store yesterday and they had a ton of them and they were also just giving out free SC Polybag with no purchase necessary.  The “Limited Edition” on the box has very limited meaning ;) 

I wanted the NYC lego plate or sticker that goes with the Lego Store set asked 3 different associates and got 3 different answers from “I have no clue what you are talking about” to “It is included inside the box”. I was not impressed with the store. 

Are you referring to the “I ❤️ Lego Store (store name)” tile? If so, New York doesn’t have one - a lot of the larger European stores do though. You could also use the 2x4 New York tile that comes with the Statue of Liberty magnet in a pinch.

Which NYC store did you go to? There are two in Manhattan, with Rockefeller being the newly remodeled one (two floors). Flat Iron is just meh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, emes001 said:

Are you referring to the “I ❤️ Lego Store (store name)” tile? If so, New York doesn’t have one - a lot of the larger European stores do though. You could also use the 2x4 New York tile that comes with the Statue of Liberty magnet in a pinch.

Which NYC store did you go to? There are two in Manhattan, with Rockefeller being the newly remodeled one (two floors). Flat Iron is just meh.

Yes, the 2X4 tile, no wonder they had no clue. 

Unfortunately, Flat Iron, we had just left Edge City Climb and I did not know they were both on 5th Ave and was too beat to go to the better one. 

3 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

thanks guess I'll pick up a few

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Oh man, I thought it was back for purchase like when the Rewards Program got started years back. One of my biggest regrets is missing it for purchase with 12,000 VIP points. 

Yeah I didn’t have enough points back then and have been hoarding them since in hopes to be able to make a large vip points purchase some day. I wish they made it available for purchase again cause I don’t like gambling and would never enter for some raffle. Oh well!

• Like 6

On 6/1/2023 at 5:05 AM, melting said:

Screenshot 2023-06-01 at 5.05.14 AM.JPG

I pulled the trigger on this after reading that they're releasing 3 special polybags this year through the loyalty program. Still wondering if this will be mass released at some point.

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-dreamzzz-ninjago-friends-creator-polybags

Edited by Captain_Obvious

Alright, I got Batpod fever. Each day I've been going back and redeeming another chance to win.

I'm sure some of you are in the car game and know about the raffles they do on the Gram. I legit know 3 dudes who've won some incredible cars for pennies on the dollar. I'll usually get 1 ticket or maybe 5 for $5 and consistently lose. I finally asked my guys what they did to win. Every one of them plopped down $200+ on $1 tickets (sometimes they do a multiplier of tickets if you spend $XXX). That's just crazy to me, but they've actually won.

Reminds of the time when I use to play poker and had to wait at the slots to find an open table. One time, I pulled the slot for like $.05, which was the minimum bet -- sirens went off and I won $250. I turned to this old lady next to me with a huge grin -- she looked me straight in the eyes and deadpanned, "you dumbarse, if you would have done the max bet of $2.50, you would have won $25k", ouch.

You can't win if you don't play or is it, you can't win if you go half-arse? And guys, I know statistics, so save me the incremental probability increase of buying more entries. I'm stuck on my guys who actually won.

50 entries are the max for the Batpod -- 2,500 points -- insert Face-With-Peeking-Eye-Emoji

22 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Just placed an order about the time you sent this message and it was on the receipt. Still adding for me now too.

Had to sign out and then add sets to the cart for the GWPs to add. Sign back in and it is still there. 

Got the GWPs 2XVIP and 7% Honey

Now need to do 2 more orders.

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 3

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion