10273 - Haunted House

Darth_Raichu

50 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

Do these get sent in a lego shipper or no? 

while on the subject, can you ever get a larger set in a lego box from .com or no because there is always some dumbass poly bag present that has to come along with it? 

No, just a well sized lego.com box with a bit of room at one end for air pillows and a polybag. The shipping box wasn't damaged at all so i was surprised at the little crease.

Interesting Raven, and interesting that they will fulfill online orders first. Hopefully barracuda comes back because that's the one I missed. but I could still see delays and lack of availability for a couple more months due to various supply chain areas being less than full of workers.

33 minutes ago, sauromosis said:

Interesting Raven, and interesting that they will fulfill online orders first. Hopefully barracuda comes back because that's the one I missed. but I could still see delays and lack of availability for a couple more months due to various supply chain areas being less than full of workers.

well they kinda have too, been taking orders for 2 months and still have some of the sets up taking orders on BO 60 days.  How they usually fulfill when they run the big sales and run out too.  Only thing odd is they never got a lot of the sets that went to wally, target, and LL as well during the shutdown months so guess they really don't want that much of a crowd in their stores.  They keep shipping new stuff to the stores and LL on a weekly basis but nothing going to B&M.   Once replenishment runs out from the regional DC's which a lot already has on the good stuff then be a few more months of dry spells on that stuff.

This upcoming Holiday season is going to be .... interesting. We’re coming close to the time where they are ramping up production for that season, and now they have to balance that with filling backorders, shipping summer sets to stores etc. Could create some interesting opportunities assuming people still want to spend money on presents this Christmas ....

• Like 1

well they kinda have too, been taking orders for 2 months and still have some of the sets up taking orders on BO 60 days.  How they usually fulfill when they run the big sales and run out too.  Only thing odd is they never got a lot of the sets that went to wally, target, and LL as well during the shutdown months so guess they really don't want that much of a crowd in their stores.  They keep shipping new stuff to the stores and LL on a weekly basis but nothing going to B&M.   Once replenishment runs out from the regional DC's which a lot already has on the good stuff then be a few more months of dry spells on that stuff.
I may be wrong, actually it is probably likely, but I thought I had heard at one point that they only sell sets on backorder of sets that have already been produced. Meaning in order for it to be placed on backorder the set is already physically made, but may be across the world at the plant still and just earmarked for delivery to the US or wherever.

If they don't have the set physically in stock somewhere around the world and earmarked for your region then the set is temporarily out of stock and back orders would not be allowed.

12 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:

I may be wrong, actually it is probably likely, but I thought I had heard at one point that they only sell sets on backorder of sets that have already been produced. Meaning in order for it to be placed on backorder the set is already physically made, but may be across the world at the plant still and just earmarked for delivery to the US or wherever.

If they don't have the set physically in stock somewhere around the world and earmarked for your region then the set is temporarily out of stock and back orders would not be allowed.

does it matter what they say when they can (and have) change the status later on?

"Backorder", "Temporarily Out of Stock", "Out of Stock"....can always end with an email "We're Sorry but..."

This upcoming Holiday season is going to be .... interesting. We’re coming close to the time where they are ramping up production for that season, and now they have to balance that with filling backorders, shipping summer sets to stores etc. Could create some interesting opportunities assuming people still want to spend money on presents this Christmas ....

I am sure that Big Holiday Shortage 2020 is coming...

36 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

as well as the Great Economic Depression of 2020 

I was just saying this morning, " I don't know how it is all still up and running"

I think we are in that brief moment where it's dead on it's feet, but we don't know it yet because it hasn't fallen down yet.

Which is a really scary place to project forward from...

But, about that Haunted House! Mine shows up today!!!

20 minutes ago, House Schubert said:

I was just saying this morning, " I don't know how it is all still up and running"

I think we are in that brief moment where it's dead on it's feet, but we don't know it yet because it hasn't fallen down yet.

The Great Economic Denial of 2020

and my Haunted House Shipped but still in Romeoville Il.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, House Schubert said:

Just now, $20 on joe vs dan said:

The Great Economic Denial of 2020

and my Haunted House Shipped but still in Romeoville Il.

Wow... I just got mine today. Good job, Lego, with this one. The box size is perfect, and the free GWP was so small that they didn't have to worry about changing the box size. Mine is in mint condition, the only defect being a slight bulge on the top left on the front of the box. This set was so big that they have three tape seals on the top and bottom! Boy is it heavy. 

IMG_20200522_110412.jpg

IMG_20200522_110253.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

as well as the Great Economic Depression of 2020 

Everything we have been told up to this point has either been a lie or exaggerated. Assuming the service industry gets back to work and 1.4 million furloughed and laid off health care workers are brought back (how the heck did this happen when we were told that millions would die).  I doubt that we’ll actually be in a depression. 

Everything we have been told up to this point has either been a lie or exaggerated. Assuming the service industry gets back to work and 1.4 million furloughed and laid off health care workers are brought back (how the heck did this happen when we were told that millions would die).  I doubt that we’ll actually be in a depression. 

https://apple.news/AB5Oq85TzTIaCv_0VRfx9Ew

3 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Sorry I’m not paying for Apple news.  With that said I apologize about derailment.  I agree that if I had a haunted house in hand that I’d wait to flip it. See what supply channels look like in a few months. My guess is that stock will still be low come October.  

Yadda yadda analyst says this because of this and you should believe me because I'm an analyst.

Basically.