10273 - Haunted House

Darth_Raichu

40 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

I'd lose a few dollars even if I sold this for $330 on eBay. I don't get it either.

Bricklink I can start to comprehend. My "cost" was $274 after tax. The only way I could see netting any profit is drop shipping... and I thought LEGO was pretty good about putting a stop to that. Besides, it is out of stock now (backorder June 11th) so I'm not sure how that will work for those listings who are waiting on a buyer's shipping address.

If this set becomes scarce out of the gates then in this current climate, IMO, it's hitting 2x

Folks are buying modulars with a $100+ premium on top of RRP for non-retired sets (that's 1.5x for a set that has been out for a year plus...this one is NEW)...one thing I'm observing is that the big price tag isn't scaring folks away like before. 

The inability to buy multiple will be a huge boon for reselling (IMO). I just don't see a saturated market in this climate.

I got one (I hope) and will plan to flip for 2x and then just get one for Halloween NEXT year.

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

How are people selling this for 300, give or take? I just don't see how they can get a good margin if any at all on it.

$450 or bust. If this goes out of stock before it’s released to the general public it will get there. Especially in the current environment. If it doesn’t, then it goes into cold storage. Low risk gamble.
  • Like 3

I think the issue is the production line.  The way I see it production is unknown for all sets the rest of the year.   I'll just flat out say, some sets are going to retire in 6-9 months vs 12-15.  Has anyone seen anything newer than 14 week?  It's bound to bottleneck at some point and could happen again late this year.

1 hour ago, Mathew said:

You may be right. Production needs to start ramping up for the holidays now. I can foresee some sets like the Treehouse, Batmobile and ISS retiring early. If not limited production. 

I spoke with a Lego store manager, they mentioned that the North American supply is primarily sourced from a plant in Mexico.  The only information I can find related to a plant in Mexico is by a company called Flextronics.  However I can't find any details about covid closures related to that particular company. It was mentioned by the manager that the plant was shut down due to covid and as such there would be a tight supply of Legos throughout 2020 in North America.

3 minutes ago, Klownicle said:

I spoke with a Lego store manager, they mentioned that the North American supply is primarily sourced from a plant in Mexico.  The only information I can find related to a plant in Mexico is by a company called Flextronics.  However I can't find any details about covid closures related to that particular company. It was mentioned by the manager that the plant was shut down due to covid and as such there would be a tight supply of Legos throughout 2020 in North America.

Bolirimirez (I think I spelled his name correct) reported that the factory in Mexico was (or is) shut down....

3 minutes ago, odysea11 said:

Bolirimirez (I think I spelled his name correct) reported that the factory in Mexico was (or is) shut down....

My communication occurred just last week, so likely to still be the case.  Straight from the horses mouth so to speak.  So I think although sets will come back, I believe still hard to find for quite sometime.

3 minutes ago, nami said:

Temporarily out of stock

"Temporarily". Tell that to Barracuda Bay.  So this means minimally out of stock beyond July.  Barracuda was back logged to May 14th at least prior to the pandemic and it's still out.  August or September possibly the next time we'll see Haunted House at Lego.  I suspect they'll be a restock for stores for their first shipment which I was told will be starting this week for Lego stores.  They seem to get their first trucks a week after they open.

Edited by Klownicle

1 hour ago, Klownicle said:

"Temporarily". Tell that to Barracuda Bay.  So this means minimally out of stock beyond July.  Barracuda was back logged to May 14th at least prior to the pandemic and it's still out.  August or September possibly the next time we'll see Haunted House at Lego.  I suspect they'll be a restock for stores for their first shipment which I was told will be starting this week for Lego stores.  They seem to get their first trucks a week after they open.

Get ready to hit the Lego store! Looked in the window the other day ago and it was strange seeing all the items that are out of stock lined up on the shelves. So close

but yet so far. haha

• Haha 1

I don't believe new stuff is going to normal LEGO stores,  been keeping it all online for 2 weeks here.  Merlin stuff still getting the new stuff.  LEGO said they didn't want crowds or reasons for people to line up so just bringing in replenishments from the warehouses normal shipments come in from.   Could change but that's how its been so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keymomachine said:

A little dinged up on the bottom corner but I've got my spooky spooky house!

IMG_20200521_153720.jpg

Do these get sent in a lego shipper or no? 

while on the subject, can you ever get a larger set in a lego box from .com or no because there is always some dumbass poly bag present that has to come along with it? 

Edited by MotorCityMuscle