10273 - Haunted House

Darth_Raichu

On 5/22/2020 at 11:05 AM, $20 on joe vs dan said:

as well as the Great Economic Depression of 2020 

If SHTF, I can’t help but think LEGOS will be a store of value and a raw form of currency all due to their international recognition. Similar to how cigarettes and other “new in the box” commodities were used in other collapses. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, BuckeyeFanDan said:

The Columbus LEGO store finally opened for the first time in the past two months  today.  They do not have any of the new releases from the past two months and don’t know when they will get any.

were there any other high profile scarce sets like big hogwarts or Stranger things?

11 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

were they allowing online or phone orders or all in-person sales?

thanks for info

They may have stopped curbside.  They will hold items on phone as per typical.  They were not taking payment over the phone at least at the time I was there.  Just holding items.

• Like 1

So just finished building the set.  Very Cool set!  I think Jang may have included too many links in his chain.  I didn't have any issues once I corrected a single brick that prevented it from falling all the way down.  From there I had tested extra links and it caused the main gear to skip on the chain.  Putting the exact number of links per section (74) it was a very tight connection but caused no skipping.

So no issues here!

2 hours ago, Klownicle said:

So just finished building the set.  Very Cool set!  I think Jang may have included too many links in his chain.  I didn't have any issues once I corrected a single brick that prevented it from falling all the way down.  From there I had tested extra links and it caused the main gear to skip on the chain.  Putting the exact number of links per section (74) it was a very tight connection but caused no skipping.

So no issues here!

You may be onto something, as I recall Jang saying that there were 150 chain links, not 148.

You may be onto something, as I recall Jang saying that there were 150 chain links, not 148.

74 small links plus 1 big link per section makes 150 total. Unless[mention=57943]Klownicle[/mention] meant 74 links including the big one.

Then again, Jang mentioned putting 150 small links together, so maybe his chain has 152 total. Net, it’s possible that that was his issue.

I watched the Jang video and the elevator play feature is really cool (although the build for that looks tedious). I think this set will do pretty well in the aftermarket. Ebay is showing sold listings between $350-$450 for sealed sets. Quite a jump out the gates.

Unfortunately, I got a really banged up box. The worst from LEGO yet and I've had a few on some very high dollar sets including the recent Barracuda.

I've never complained before to LEGO, but I feel the need to now. What's the strategy to get something for free in this situation beyond a refund send back?

Thanks in advance!

2.jpg

IMG_7600.jpg

IMG_7600d.jpg

IMG_7602.jpg

Edited by s2k
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, s2k said:

Unfortunately, I got a really banged up box. The worst from LEGO yet and I've had a few on some very high dollar sets including the recent Barracuda.
I've never complained before to LEGO, but I feel the need to now. What's the strategy to get something for free in this situation beyond a refund send back?
Thanks in advance!

Personally, I would just flip it on Ebay and put in the description that the box has shelf wear. These are going for $360+, so you wouldn't make a ton, but it would likely be more than you would get from Lego customer service. And you would stay off their radar (see the other thread about the person who was recently banned).

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, s2k said:

What's the strategy to get something for free in this situation beyond a refund send back?

Resellers 🤦‍♂️ An embarrassment to the hobby.   Got for it bro and I hope you get banned in the process. 

Edited by Mathew
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, s2k said:

Thanks in advance!

This is why people hate resellers.

• Like 2

My set arrived with a massive crease/indentation on the front.  Sucks but ultimately you got the set, the box is not required to be mint although preferred.  As far as the hate towards resellers, honestly I'm glad resellers have standards and say more power to you.  If you want the set, go out and get it like the rest of us crazies.

I doubt Lego is going to give you anything if the set arrived in one piece.

Edited by Klownicle