10273 - Haunted House

Darth_Raichu

4 hours ago, Klownicle said:

They're an internet analyst.  Duh.

I highly doubt anything unique.  You have a better chance of Lego going belly up and this set never being made again vs an unexpected short run of this set vs others.

They did provide an accurate retirement list to the group in q4 last year when no one else stepped up.   They also said relatively short which I would take as a 2 year life .  The EOL date could change later too.  Flip HH if u can but idea that this will be plentiful for months or years like the good ol daze may not hold up.  I want you to imagine deep pocket hedge funds getting wind of LEGO profit and setting up bots to buy exclusives drying up supply and driving up price.

3 hours ago, cladner said:

I want you to imagine deep pocket hedge funds getting wind of LEGO profit and setting up bots to buy exclusives drying up supply and driving up price.

Thanks for mentioning something that is worst than my worst case scenario.  I thought the big/medium 3PS selling for $2 profit per sale was bad enough.  Time for bubble thread??? :D

3 hours ago, cladner said:

They did provide an accurate retirement list to the group in q4 last year when no one else stepped up.   They also said relatively short which I would take as a 2 year life .  The EOL date could change later too.  Flip HH if u can but idea that this will be plentiful for months or years like the good ol daze may not hold up.  I want you to imagine deep pocket hedge funds getting wind of LEGO profit and setting up bots to buy exclusives drying up supply and driving up price.

I do suspect when it finally retires that there will be less out there due to the pandemic.  Less opportunity to buy with some shelf life.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone here built this set? I am in the process of building mine and I have a complete duplicate minifigure (top-hat guy). I wonder if this has since been fixed. Apologies if this has been mentioned already.

There are also some small printing errors in the booklet as well. Only through 4 bags (there are 18 total). So far, its a pretty fun build.

3 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Has anyone here built this set? I am in the process of building mine and I have a complete duplicate minifigure (top-hat guy). I wonder if this has since been fixed. Apologies if this has been mentioned already.

There are also some small printing errors in the booklet as well. Only through 4 bags (there are 18 total). So far, its a pretty fun build.

Same here....cool build...seems like the QC Team is slackin' a little these days....

4 hours ago, House Schubert said:

you mean you have 3?  because they are twins... supposed to be two.

Okay I am dumb. I was plainly going by looking at the font of the box/instructions and then the top showing all of the included figures. There are two on there, but one is in the "actual size" call out.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

are folks buying a bunch of these for..what?

along w/ other D2C these are hitting Amazon, Walmart, and Target...not seeing the QFLL potential and ofcourse with the big retailers also come the likelihood of discounts later on.

if you want 1000 units, you gotta start early. I am working on a business venture , real life haunted attraction made from Lego . Scalping Selling tickets at a premium.  . 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

if you want 1000 units, you gotta start early. I am working on a business venture , real life haunted attraction made from Lego . Scalping Selling tickets at a premium.  . 

That's what I figured.  People are just in the market for thousands.  Nothing to see here, move along . . .

21 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

are folks buying a bunch of these for..what?

along w/ other D2C these are hitting Amazon, Walmart, and Target...not seeing the QFLL potential and ofcourse with the big retailers also come the likelihood of discounts later on.

Some people never see the potential...until it's too late.

15 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Some people never see the potential...until it's too late.

I get it...it's possibly top 3 best set in recent times...and in terms of re-sale...potentially THE best since everyone loves haunted houses and fairground themes.

At that RRP price point only the whales around here can tie up that much capital for a minimum of another year. I will be happy to wait it out for a potentially 20% discount and put away 2 or 3.  That what us Krill shrimp do 😁

4 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I get it...it's possibly top 3 best set in recent times...and in terms of re-sale...potentially THE best since everyone loves haunted houses and fairground themes.

At that RRP price point only the whales around here can tie up that much capital for a minimum of another year. I will be happy to wait it out for a potentially 20% discount and put away 2 or 3.  That what us Krill shrimp do 😁

The problem with guessing retirement dates of sets in the Covid era is that LEGO Shop@Home is out of stock on everything it seems.  Hard to see any patterns.  

• Like 1