10273 - Haunted House

Darth_Raichu

Certainly thoughtfulness put into the background of the product photos.  It's interesting.  Overall I like the set, I think it's neat, I'm just not sure it fits with my otherwise very bright colored amusement park.  Or if I did put it in there, would I install it opened?  Closed?  I'll need to think about this one, but great for someone's city.  This is a much better design that the bookstore.

image.thumb.png.11534fd5c2bee4623673c1d1f0d02d5f.png

I’m not impressed for the Fairground theme. It’s a pretty cool set but just doesn’t fit imo. 

I’m curious to see how the drop tower was actually constructed, and to see if that could be redesigned into something else. 

The designer video was great tho. 

19 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

Certainly thoughtfulness put into the background of the product photos.  It's interesting.  Overall I like the set, I think it's neat, I'm just not sure it fits with my otherwise very bright colored amusement park.  Or if I did put it in there, would I install it opened?  Closed?  I'll need to think about this one, but great for someone's city.  This is a much better design that the bookstore.

image.thumb.png.11534fd5c2bee4623673c1d1f0d02d5f.png

Curious if that head of the Sphinx can be easily detached.  If it is, people with decent MOC skills can make various types of heads to swap with it

Yeah, I suppose most peoples amusement parks are themed as more "bright sunny day, primary color, everything is happy" types. And with space constraints, it will be hard to fit this in as a ride without it being somewhat jarring compared to the rest of the fairground sets. In a real theme park, you would move to a transition space that would help it make visual sense...

But I am looking at it as a stand alone model.  And from that perspective it almost looks more like an incredibly well done MOC in all the best ways.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, t_mafia said:

This set seems pretty dividing so far. I admit it doesn’t make sense for this to be fairground, but this is far enough from 10228 for it’s predecessor to still be the “most haunted”

Day 1 for me

I agree, but man has Lego killed me recently on these sets. Barracuda Bay and now this. I totally want this but I am also running into a height limitation depending on where I display my models. I love having The Ferris Wheel built to play with, but its literally a nuisance in its size. Another reason I haven't built the Disney Castle. We have a room with in-set wall shelving, but the limits on the height are really restrictive.

4 minutes ago, KShine said:

When you run out of space for your LEGO, you are supposed to buy a bigger house.

The guy who lived here before apparently had a bunch of miniature dioramas, so the areas arrange from anywhere from 3ft deep to 10" deep in some shelves. But all the heights are no higher than 17". We share the space for storage and its essentially the kids play area.

The other half of the basement is conditioned, but unfinished and where I currently keep my unbuilt collection. My ultimate goal is to have that area be the Lego room.

• Like 1

10228 Haunted House is safe. Phew!

I like it. We're a Disney family and I'm sure the kids will like the Tower of Terror-style ride. As for fitting in the amusement park theme, I'm not sure it will. The way the front of the house opens up, it doesn't really fit that theme. It's still a cool set though. 

Edited by oneknightr

6 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

same. a people pack or small supporting structure/ride?

maybe they would super surprise and include the motor. :)

probably left over mother's day cards. 

I don't expect it, but a pack of monster costumed worker minifigs for the set would be great - and would be sought after (and valuable).

Repost from the other thread:

The new LEGO Haunted House construction set is the latest example of how the LEGO Group aims to inspire builders of all ages to build, rebuild and get excited by the process of creation. It’s also the first set from the LEGO Fairground Collection to feature the new stylish packaging designed to make it easier than ever for adult fans to find their new build challenge based on their individual passions.

Addressing the new packaging, Senior Marketing Manager Anders Hellegaard Iversen said: “So many of our older builders love the Creator Expert products, as they allow them to show off their passion for the bricks. Whether it’s their favourite film moments, sport icons, travel destinations, buildings, fairgrounds or vehicles, LEGO sets help to bring these to life in brick form. That’s also why we have decided to stop using the Creator Expert branding and, instead, use the new adult-focused packaging design to make it clearer which hobbies or brand products they can relate to. We hope this will make it easier for fans to track down models they would be proud to display once completed. Of course, our product range will continue to include the same advanced-build, collectible products that guarantee hours of building enjoyment for fans.