10273 - Haunted House

Darth_Raichu

I actually am reading more into this line:

Whether it’s their favourite film moments, sport icons, travel destinations, buildings, fairgrounds or vehicles, LEGO sets help to bring these to life in brick form.

I like the overall approach in essentially dividing the Expert line into more themed approaches. Those are already in effect in the packaging for FILM Batmobile,  SPORT Old Trafford, TRAVEL DESTINATION (Maybe Next?), BUILDING - Next Modular, FAIRGROUND - Haunted House, VEHICLES - Lamborghini

I wonder if we see old sets get this new box treatment as a sign they are sticking around for a while.

Article on Brickset talking about the motorization of the Haunted House.  Curious why it needs two motors.  I'm wondering if one lifts the cart to the top while the other winds up the flywheels, somehow providing resistance on the way down.  That's my best guess.  Others were speculating that one motor was for the chain system while one was for the door but someone else said it looked like a door latch was used and that one motor should be controlling both the chain and door latch.

Anyone here have ideas why/how two motors are required?

https://brickset.com/article/51367/motorising-the-haunted-house

Edited by MusiKyle
  • Like 1

Between the various build techniques, style of architecture, playful designer video, and how much this reminds me of the retired Tower of Terror ride, this set is built on pure win. It just works on so many levels. Perhaps a bit small beside any of the modular houses the Creator series is well known for and there are some borrowed elements from the prior Haunted House but still a delicious design for such a dastardly denizen of Lego's legendary lineup. Also I can see having this in a sort of Universal Studios' backlot where all those prop houses are kept.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, TheOrcKing said:

Between the various build techniques, style of architecture, playful designer video, and how much this reminds me of the retired Tower of Terror ride, this set is built on pure win. It just works on so many levels. Perhaps a bit small beside any of the modular houses the Creator series is well known for and there are some borrowed elements from the prior Haunted House but still a delicious design for such a dastardly denizen of Lego's legendary lineup. Also I can see having this in a sort of Universal Studios' backlot where all those prop houses are kept.

I don't think it is small compared to a modular at all. It's got a 25 x 25 cm base which is the same as the 32x32 stud baseplate used for modulars. It is 68 cm high, about half of which is the tower, which means about 34 cm up to the roof line. That makes it basically the same height as Green Grocer, but with a tower over a foot high stacked on top. The only modular with a higher roof line (ignoring towers and such) is the Town Hall, but TH's tower doesn't go nearly as high.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, House Schubert said:

so, who is hoping for a Coronavirus Quick flip on this one?  on sale in a few hours...

How quick do the "expert" sets sell out these days?

Pulled out my old bricks (and bough more) over this quarantine and and now obsessed. 😂

Definitely considering a buy one to build, buy one to sell later purchase...