10273 - Haunted House

Darth_Raichu

You ask for a return and they will give you a shipping label and then reship when more stock comes in. You forego any profit that you would have received and you don't get it for free.

In the case of my batmobile, it took them two over two months and that was when it came out before the world ended. I didn't mind because it was for me and I still got the promo batmobile

You can also just throw it out the window or donate it since you think it should be free and is therefore worthless.

Oh and a really banged up box is like the one that looked like a human sat on it on all sides and faces, not whatever those pictures are.

4 hours ago, s2k said:

Unfortunately, I got a really banged up box. The worst from LEGO yet and I've had a few on some very high dollar sets including the recent Barracuda.

I've never complained before to LEGO, but I feel the need to now. What's the strategy to get something for free in this situation beyond a refund send back?

Thanks in advance!

That's actually in excellent condition for a set that size. I'm a little surprised it seems LEGO didn't put any internal boxes (like with the UCS falcon or y wing) to help with the weight sloshing around, but what you have is easily sold in good condition with "shelf wear". Just browse some of the ebay listings out there to see that yours is among one of the better.

I know you're wondering how to resurface after the multiple replies you got... you may feel thoroughly rebuked; we've all been there before. I like brickpicker because we are striving to hold the investor / reseller community to a higher standard. At the same time, we all have more faults than we would like to admit. Take the advice and unfortunately a smaller slice of the pie and move on. I'm still confident you can make a profit with what you have, the price is slowly climbing up.

Edited by baublitz
Deleted pics from quote
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Mathew said:

Resellers 🤦‍♂️ An embarrassment to the hobby.   Got for it bro and I hope you get banned in the process. 

Ouch, I'm actually a collector. The boxes mean everything to me. I never even open them up. Does it make a little more sense now that I would want something for free on such a big purchase and collector's item?

When I sit these boxes on a mantle to stare at the box art like a little kid, my eye naturally wanders to these imperfections. 

I don't know. I guess it depends on what kind of kid you were. Did you ever open a present as a child and the toy box was all mangled? Kind of a let down, right?

Edited by s2k
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, s2k said:

Ouch, I'm actually a collector. The boxes mean everything to me. I never even open them up. Does it make a little more sense now that I would want something for free on such a big purchase and collector's item?

When I sit these boxes on a mantle to stare at the box art like a little kid, my eye naturally wanders to these imperfections. 

I don't know. I guess it depends on what kind of kid you were. Did you ever open a present as a child and the toy box was all mangled? Kind of a let down, right?

Unfortunately, I think best case scenario for you here is a few hundred VIP points. And, if you really decide you want to return it because of the condition, you might be able to do it for free if this is your first time. I am pretty sure they make you pay return shipping if there is not anything really "wrong" with the item (this could be incorrect as I have only ever returned one set before). I'm not sure if you ever resell to go along with your collecting, but if you do, I would sell this on Ebay, wait for the eventual restock, and buy another one in store so you can guarantee your choice of box. Of course, if there isn't a LEGO store near you, that becomes more of a challenge. 

Edited by BillyBricks

7 hours ago, s2k said:

Whatever floats your boat. No hate.

Your post could have been better written so as not to come off as an entitled reseller..due to the shortage many collectors and resellers alike never got a set.

I've complained about dented boxes to LEGO CS and (as others mentioned) have typically received some VIP points or offer for a return nothing worth noting...they request a picture for their "warehouse/shipping dept" records. My take on your pics is that it's pretty minor and risk "getting put on a list".

Sell it local on CL. Make a couple bucks and get a minty box later. You'll have two years to buy it once stock levels get back to normal. 

When I sell on ebay I always say the box may have creases or dents even if it's perfect. I don't want box queens buying my stuff. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, s2k said:

Ouch, I'm actually a collector. The boxes mean everything to me. I never even open them up. 

Uh yeah ok. Whatever floats your boat. I like minty boxes as much as the next. But you’re asking for free stuff. For something very minor. Get over it. Sell it now or return.  In a year when your local LEGO store has a few sitting on the shelf go and find the best box. I rarely see big box sets mint on shelves. They usually have a few creases due to the weight of the contents. 

1 hour ago, Mathew said:

Uh yeah ok. Whatever floats your boat. I like minty boxes as much as the next. But you’re asking for free stuff. For something very minor. Get over it. Sell it now or return.  In a year when your local LEGO store has a few sitting on the shelf go and find the best box. I rarely see big box sets mint on shelves. They usually have a few creases due to the weight of the contents. 

That makes sense. Didn't mean to trigger so many people on here, so I am sorry. I'm lucky to have gotten this one and asking for something free is kinda ridiculous considering there were a lot who didn't. I'm kinda spoiled, my kids at the LEGO store go out of their way to save me an unopened brown box, but even then, the box can still get messed up. Problem is, they'll keep letting me open boxes until we find the perfect one lol. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, s2k said:

That makes sense. Didn't mean to trigger so many people on here, so I am sorry. I'm lucky to have gotten this one and asking for something free is kinda ridiculous considering there were a lot who didn't. I'm kinda spoiled, my kids at the LEGO store go out of their way to save me an unopened brown box, but even then, the box can still get messed up. Problem is, they'll keep letting me open boxes until we find the perfect one lol. 

Appreciate the contrition. It sounds like going to the store is your best bet, it really is the only way to guarantee a perfect box. Whenever ordering online you just have to expect something to be a little banged up, and then be pleasantly surprised when it comes in great condition. The one I got was an excellent condition and I'm very happy about that.

Any idea how they allocate the orders?  I don't have many VIP points, but ordered at 9:30am eastern on release day.  First it said great.  Then backordered.  Now out of stock (but shipping mid-month?).

Curious if they go by time, or VIP points...

This is as bad as the sneaker game! :D

57 minutes ago, LegoLagoon said:

Any idea how they allocate the orders?  I don't have many VIP points, but ordered at 9:30am eastern on release day.  First it said great.  Then backordered.  Now out of stock (but shipping mid-month?).

Curious if they go by time, or VIP points...

This is as bad as the sneaker game! :D

well I got mine by just ordering w/ CC within the first hours of VIP availability.  Came minty fresh too...not even a crease...but took a few days longer (as typical as mine all come from Romeo & Juliet)

My kids built this a few days ago.  We ordered one on the first day, got it two days later.  The building techniques, printed bricks, and overall detail are really remarkable.  Hope to get another to hold onto....thought about selling but to clear $100 profit...eh.  

55 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

well I got mine by just ordering w/ CC within the first hours of VIP availability.  Came minty fresh too...not even a crease...but took a few days longer (as typical as mine all come from Romeo & Juliet)

I ordered at the same time - so strange! :D   I even got the dune buggy and Xtra bag I ordered, but no HH.

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

2xRRP is a forgone conclusion...the ONLY question is, now or wait till Halloween? 

If you're just looking to QF it, I'd sell sooner rather than later personally. TOOS now is no guarantee that it will be TOOS still almost 6 months from now. Of course there is an incredible amount of uncertainty  about supply moving forward this year, but its been reported that the Mexico factory either re-opened a couple of weeks ago (@boliramirez) or would reopen today (@ravenb99) so I think that there will be at least 1 restock before Halloween - though I don't pretend to know anything about how long it takes for items to get from factory to market or if LEGO is facing other supply chain issues, and of course that restock could sell out quickly as well. So, in the end, if I was sitting on one just to QF I'd take my money and run soon, but if you are willing to risk a big restock and a longer hold you may very will be rewarded big in Sept/Oct. 

• 2 weeks later...