COVID-19 / Coronavirus Discussion

CosmicSpeed

And just maybe as a nurse practitioner he knows more than you do about Covid and is sick and tired of all the bullshit
Doesn't matter if he thinks or even "knows" it's BS. If a family member asked me to take a 5 minute test before a gathering just so that they feel better about the situation then I would (maybe I just love and respect my family more than you though).

It's not like they are asking him to get vaccinated first or anything. If you can't be considerate to family then...

Sorry, I am pretty far right, but even I think that your trolling is way off on this one.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Like 7

I like the Urban Dictionary definition of a troll: An angry monster who lives under a bridge, eats goats, and vents his/her rage on internet forums. 

I would stress the term "angry" as I have yet to interact with a socially pleasant, well adjusted, happily content troll…and I try my best not to interact with them at all. Block and move on…they're not worth your time or energy.

25 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

It's not like they are asking him to get vaccinated first or anything. If you can't be considerate to family then...

Sorry, I am pretty far right, but even I think that your trolling is way off on this one.

We don’t know the full story. The brother as a nurse practitioner may be required to be tested regularly and just wants to enjoy Christmas without being treated like a leper.  Are the rest of the family members doing a rapid Covid test Christmas Eve?  Or are they coercing the brother just because he’s around sick people on a regular basis? Seems neurotic to me. 

Edited by Mathew
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Lego Lass said:

I like the Urban Dictionary definition of a troll: An angry monster who lives under a bridge, eats goats, and vents his/her rage on internet forums. 

I would stress the term "angry" as I have yet to interact with a socially pleasant, well adjusted, happily content troll…and I try my best not to interact with them at all. Block and move on…they're not worth your time or energy.

Bye Mathew!

8 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

seems...actually...logical

Coming from you I’d say more neurotic than logical.  Again we don’t know the full story. I’d trust a nurse practitioner who’s in the trenches more than the armchair news watchers.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

We don’t know the full story. The brother as a nurse practitioner may be required to be tested regularly and just wants to enjoy Christmas without being treated like a leper.  Are the rest of the family members doing a rapid Covid test Christmas Eve?  Or are they coercing the brother just because he’s around sick people on a regular basis? Seems neurotic to me. 
Doesn't matter... none of what you said matters if he loves and respects his family then taking a 5 minute test to put them at ease should be trivial.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Well, damnit.  Get well dude.

thanks, surprisingly didn't take any pain meds and really didn't have any pain, he said he'd recommend taking but been having some high BP last week with the infection so been trying to lay off the 800 ibuprofens they gave me.   Said it could be you don't feel any either cause of the relief from what he did which seems to be case so far.  

Daughter feels and looks like death past 2 days.  Said this afternoon was the worst she's remembered feeling.  Fever peaking at 101.4 and coming down to 99.2 after pain meds.  Oxygen staying 98-99 so seems just flu like stuff so far.  Think she's most upset about being locked in her room for 10 days and missing xmas and a cirque holiday show at Fox theater we had for a surprise gift.

• Sad 4

Just now, Shortbus311 said:

Doesn't matter... none of what you said matters if he loves and respects his family then taking a 5 minute test to put them at ease should be trivial.

We don’t know the family dynamics or the whole story. My interpretation is that the family is being over demanding of a sibling who rather not attend if he has a feeling coerced. It’s his personal choice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mathew said:

And just maybe as a nurse practitioner he knows more than you do about Covid and is sick and tired of all the bullshit 🤷‍♂️

Hahaha! I won the bet with my wife!  I said “I bet this one dude misses the whole point, and grinds the conspiracy-conservative axe on the back of my post!” $100 donated to Antifa!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mathew said:

We don’t know the family dynamics or the whole story. My interpretation is that the family is being over demanding of a sibling who rather not attend if he has a feeling coerced. It’s his personal choice. 

Exactly.  Which was why all of your interpretations were uncalled for.  Would you want someone to put all of these contrarian comments when you are the one complaining about situations with YOUR family?

Seriously, I hate to call out someone in public, but this is just basic decency.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, House Schubert said:

Today's compliant: When I am not sure from the context WHICH side is hiding political trolling, so I am not sure if I should be outraged or not.

Yesterday's compliant: When your brother won't deign to get a covid rapid test before gathering Christmas Eve, and Christmas morning because he believes it is all a hoax, even though your mom asked him too, your sisters asked him too, your dad is 85 and has two types of active cancer, and other health issues... and he (brother) is a nurse practitioner, so you have to tell him he is being selfish, and if not swabbing his nose for 5 minutes is too much to ask before he comes to Christmas Eve, (even if he thinks it is bullshit! Jump through the hoop Asswipe!) then he has made the decision NOT to come, but he is the youngest, so Mom says "Please come Christmas morning!" So you are the As*****.

My brother-in-law's in-laws just all tested positive. His wife is a pediatrician, they said they had already done several tests each and would continue to before our planned gathering, plus there was a positive case out of our church's christmas pageant this past Sunday - but all masked at least. Anyhow, we went and got some Binax kits to test ourselves before we head out - it's the least we can do and we have plenty of flex money left :D Also you better believe I put some Lego on that Walgreens pickup order.

Alright, a couple more complaints from me:

1. I use magnets to hang up my keys and use Lego Keyrings... which apparently are some poorly magnetic alloy? so I finally got around to swapping them so they stop falling down.

2. I went to get gas and I guess the station tank was really low - got about a quarter gallon in like two minutes before I gave up and went to go pick up dinner. I'd never experienced gas pumping so slowly.

9 hours ago, keymomachine said:

2. I went to get gas and I guess the station tank was really low - got about a quarter gallon in like two minutes before I gave up and went to go pick up dinner. I'd never experienced gas pumping so slowly.

each pump has a filter on it that looks a lot like the oil filter in your car.  They can get quite clogged if they are not replaced regularly and thus the reason for the slowness.

11 hours ago, keymomachine said:

Ugh, my daughter threw up or as she said *vomitted* several times so our Christmas travel plans are off. At least it was just driving to stay with family. Kind of nice to have a chill day.

Poor girl. That's rough. I hope she feels better soon.

I had my own experience as a youngin' where I upchucked more times than I can recall throughout one day for whatever the reason actually was. No idea and not fun. Growing pains I guess. Haven't had any stomach problems since then though so I got that going for me.

I’d swear if this was two years ago, someone would be saying the same thing about the guy in charge. Our guy good, their guy bad. It’s exhausting.
Yup. If "their" guy does it, it is an absolute undeniably disqualifying event. If "our" guy does it, it's really not a big deal at all.

I stopped consuming almost all news earlier this year and it is amazing how much more pleasant life is when I don't have someone constantly telling me that I need to be outraged by one thing or another that, in the grand scheme of things, doesn't matter.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Yup. If "their" guy does it, it is an absolute undeniably disqualifying event. If "our" guy does it, it's really not a big deal at all.

I stopped consuming almost all news earlier this year and it is amazing how much more pleasant life is when I don't have someone constantly telling me that I need to be outraged by one thing or another that, in the grand scheme of things, doesn't matter.

It’s taken a long time - probably at least a year - but that’s where I am. Once I stopped consuming social media, and curated what I do read (e.g. got rid default subs on the cesspool that is Reddit) and I’ve been infinitely happier.

I’ve tried to break my wife, mom and mother in law of the habits but they won’t budge. I’m so much more aware of when they say “did you see the news today?” And being able to say “nope.”
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, redcell said:

Same here. I enjoy some partisan stuff here and there, but for the most part, I take a step back and grumble, “really? Come on.” or “yeah that’s not how that works at all.” And move on with my day.

4 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

It’s taken a long time - probably at least a year - but that’s where I am. Once I stopped consuming social media, and curated what I do read (e.g. got rid default subs on the cesspool that is Reddit) and I’ve been infinitely happier.

I’ve tried to break my wife, mom and mother in law of the habits but they won’t budge. I’m so much more aware of when they say “did you see the news today?” And being able to say “nope.”

Reddit is so much more enjoyable after deleting all default subs.

• Like 1