COVID-19 / Coronavirus Discussion

CosmicSpeed

47 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Sturgis 2020 didn’t start until August 7th. Looks like there was an actual decline in cases:

CA47C30D-2514-432D-89B5-C1876F8337DF.png

Funny how you missed the relevant data for where the October spike originated, you don't see it in the national data because of the low population. The virus comes from somewhere, it doesn't travel outside of it's human hosts very far. This is all very basic epidemiology, it's not politics and only 'conservatives' are making it political by denying the basic science and crying conspiracy at every corner. Try to keep up.

Screenshot_20210827-142942.thumb.png.aaa059ba7ccbf7784eb167f1adfe796f.png

Screenshot_20210827-142214.thumb.png.a3ec35941752effb7d3e6acd6698846d.png

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mathew said:

And yet the numbers don’t reflect. The number of cases actually declined after the rally.  Are covid case numbers now not accurate?  Can we also just throw out all the deaths caused by Covid if the person had a preexisting condition as well?  That would certainly lower the number of covid deaths by millions. 

Your response is proving my point again, so thanks for that. Do you understand that when someone tests positive, we can say with 100% accuracy that that person has COVID, but when a person doesn't get tested at all, we can't say with any amount of certainty whether they contracted COVID or not? And given that simple fact, out of all of the people who have not been tested, do you believe that 100% of those people have not contracted COVID? Do you understand that when you are dealing with a population of hundreds of millions, that an event in one part of the country can cause a spike in COVID cases, while a decline in other parts can at the same time contribute to an overall downward trend? These are really basic questions of logic & math.

I feel like you are the most perfect embodiment of this tweet that I have ever run across.

im not owned!! | Dril | Know Your Meme

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Whoa a spike of 463 cases. 

You were missing the point where the original Covid-19 has the incubation period of about 2 weeks.  So, if the rally was from August to September, then you need to look at October numbers as well.

Also, the 463 number in that report only represented cases that could be tracked definitely to the rally.  Some people could get the virus and not show symptoms so they would not be part of the data.  Plus, only 39 of 54 state health department provided their data.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

You were missing the point where the original Covid-19 has the incubation period of about 2 weeks.  So, if the rally was from August to September, then you need to look at October numbers as well.

Also, the 463 number in that report only represented cases that can be tracked definitely to the rally.  Some people can get the virus and not show symptoms so they would not be part of the data.  Plus, only 39 of 54 state health department provided their data.

I doubt that it takes two weeks for covid to incubate in the vast majority of cases. The rise in covid cases was across the board in October. No state involved with the Sturgis rally stands out significantly to point the blame. With all that being said Sturgis 2020 definitely was not the super spreader event that the MSM wanted it to be.  

Edited by Mathew
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Mathew said:

I doubt that it takes two weeks for covid to incubate in the vast majority of cases. Most likely symptoms will occur within 2-5 days. With all that being said Sturgis 2020 definitely was not the super spreader event that the MSM wanted it to be.  

When you use the term "MSM" it's pretty easy to understand your opinion on the matter.  Sturgis = superspreader....

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mathew said:

I doubt that it takes two weeks for covid to incubate in the vast majority of cases. Most likely symptoms will occur within 2-5 days. With all that being said Sturgis 2020 definitely was not the super spreader event that the MSM wanted it to be.  

That is not what we know so far about the virus.  Also, you can be asymptomatic and still spread it to others.  There is an unknown number of asymptomatic cases in this event.  Unless you have data that proves otherwise, based on what we know so far that rally did contribute to the spread.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mathew said:

MSM can and does include Fox News.  BLM protests = superspreader.

See, I wished we had similar studies done on the aftermath of BLM protests.  The scenario was there: large gatherings of people for more than a few hours, even days. Forget politics etc.  If these events did not cause any surge in cases, then wouldn't it be beneficial for the rest of the world to know what caused the virus not to spread throughout these events?

Heck, lets go outside of US.  Were there any increase in spread after multiple protests and demonstrations in France and Germany over the summer?  If yes, why? If no, why?

17 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

See, I wished we had similar studies done on the aftermath of BLM protests.  The scenario was there: large gatherings of people for more than a few hours, even days. Forget politics etc.  If these events did not cause any surge in cases, then wouldn't it be beneficial for the rest of the world to know what caused the virus not to spread throughout these events?

Heck, lets go outside of US.  Were there any increase in spread after multiple protests and demonstrations in France and Germany over the summer?  If yes, why? If no, why?

Quick google search: According to the media about 16-21k cases could have been prevented if there would have been no demonstrations, but as usual I dont know how reliable the data is, but the study has been done by a german university so it could be on point.

• Like 1

Doesn’t matter who is to blame. This thread is proof that we’ve all been manipulated to blame each other.   I do know the governments, big pharma, technocrats etc.  are using it to their advantage and society is much poorer for it. 

Edited by Mathew

16 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Doesn’t matter who is to blame. This thread is proof that we’ve all been manipulated to blame each other.   I do know the governments, big pharma, technocrats etc.  are using it to their advantage and society is much poorer for it. 

Go Red Team!

Go Blue Team!

Red Team Sucks!

Blue Team Sucks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

That is not what we know so far about the virus.  Also, you can be asymptomatic and still spread it to others. 

All viruses can be asymptomatic.  Humans develop immunity. 

A side story. I once worked with a chronically sick lady.  I thought she was a hypochondriac. Always out of work. She had a doctor who would prescribe her antibiotics no matter what ailed her. That’s what this vax and booster insanity makes me concerned about. How will our bodies develop proper immunity if we are required to get a booster every six months? 

Edited by Mathew

2 hours ago, Mathew said:

. How will our bodies develop proper immunity if we are required to get a booster every six months? 

it's like the flu virus...without a vaccine match, a person can get the new version of the flu every year...there is no natural immunity to the flu because the "flu" is actually a class or group of a certain type of virus.  New strains mutate all the time and a prevalent one dominates the globe annually...flu vax people try to predict the dominant strain in time to mass produce a vaccine; often times they are only partially successful and taking the flu vaccine does not give 100% immunity because the strain was not a 100% match.

https://www.biopharminternational.com/view/contaminant-in-moderna-vaccines-in-japan-suspected-to-be-metallic-particles

On Aug.27, 2021, Japan suspended the use of 1.63 million doses of Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine after a contaminant believed to be a metallic particle was found in the batch, according to a report from the Japanese Broadcasting Corporation. Japanese health ministry officials found that the particle reacted to magnets, and therefore suspected it to be a metal.”

more of a complaint thread...

Just read that a school in my county had to re-allocate teachers from in-person to zoom because families are taking their kids out and opting for 100% distance learning.  too many families doing this is forcing the district to combine classrooms and in some cases combine grades.

it's starting again

7 hours ago, Mathew said:

A side story. I once worked with a chronically sick lady.  I thought she was a hypochondriac. Always out of work. She had a doctor who would prescribe her antibiotics no matter what ailed her. That’s what this vax and booster insanity makes me concerned about. How will our bodies develop proper immunity if we are required to get a booster every six months? 

Wow. Well for starters, antibiotics are for... say it with me... BACTERIA. And indeed over-prescription of antibiotics is a worry with superbugs and drug-resistant strains.

There is no vax and booster insanity. There are vaccines that basically prevent you from dying. The vaccine teaches your immune system to respond to the virus. That's how immune systems work. You can teach it by getting sick and having a BAD time, or you have some real smart people figure out a way to trigger a similar immune response without the bad time. We're trying to save millions of lives, and I can't tell if you just don't care or you think we're doing it wrong, either way, you've shown over and over that you're out of your depth talking about it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mathew said:

‘contaminants were only found from vial lot 3004667’

Japan has one of the most, if the most thorough and strictest quality control in the world.  Kudos to them for catching this early. Sounds like your surprised errors occur on a production line ran by average people that are most likely over worked and understaffed. Do you have any experience in Global Manufacturing?

https://www.rovi.es/sites/default/files/OIR 26.08.2021_eng.pdf

Are you implying the contaminants were semiconductors purposefully placed by evil people for world domination? If so, you should search out Joanna Overholt for some juicy conversations.

12 hours ago, Mathew said:

It's common for people with obsessive-compulsive disorder to think in absolutes because it gives them a sense of control and comfort. This can lead to a lot of rigidity which makes it hard to change. The problem is that it causes pain and suffering in the life of the person who adheres to an all-or-nothing attitude in any facet of his thought process. This is because the person is routinely exposed to contradictions to his beliefs, which creates a sense of threat to his world view.

• Haha 1