COVID-19 / Coronavirus Discussion

CosmicSpeed

51 minutes ago, dennugsmello said:

Alright let's continue to lighten the mood around here. 

@ 38 seconds.

Deep fake or lizard man? You be the judge. 

I watched another interview from ABC and his neck did the same bulging bullfrog reflex. Effing weird.  And the part about the “serious side effects” is completely glossed over. All the interviews with this guy come across as paid endorsements. 

Edited by Mathew

2 hours ago, dennugsmello said:

Alright let's continue to lighten the mood around here. 

@ 38 seconds.

Deep fake or lizard man? You be the judge. 

LOL, got this on my recommend the other day. Read the comments, free entertainment.

I love how the Internet as a whole just memed this socially awkward guy into an android-alien-hybrid. 

🤣

10 hours ago, TheOrcKing said:

aliens.jpg

I know this was a facetious response to a post that was meant in jest. But put that interview with Pfizer in the context of a movie.  You see the guy’s neck start bulging in and out as if there’s something moving around in there; wouldn’t you think it was a bit strange?  Or the glossed over aspects of vaccine side effects.  You might think that this man could possibly be up to no good. Or are you merely assuming that because it’s an NBC interview with two “real” people who have prominent roles in our world that there’s nothing to see here and just move on?  As far as it being a deep fake?  Possibly. 

Edited by Mathew

19 minutes ago, Mathew said:

I know this was a facetious response to a post that was meant in jest. But put that interview with Pfizer in the context of a movie.  You see the guy’s neck start bulging in and out as if there’s something moving around in there; wouldn’t you think it was a bit strange?  Or the glossed over aspects of vaccine side effects.  You might think that this man could possibly be up to no good. Or are you merely assuming that because it’s an NBC interview with two “real” people who have prominent roles in our world that there’s nothing to see here and just move on?  As far as it being a deep fake?  Possibly. 

1. The fault was on the interviewer who did not ask the CEO to clarify the side effects or provide percentage of cases with side effects. 
2. The neck thing is not a deepfake.  Go to NBC and see from the source.  His neck is unusual but lets keep the conversation on earthly realm. 
3. Is he up to no good? Heck, he is a CEO of billion dollars company.  If he is any good, he already planned his next 3 moves by the time interview began.  And yes, I never trust ELon Musk for the same reason :P
4. Is it possible that the interview is just some "puff" piece / softball interview designed to stealthily inform the mass on the approval of the vaccine ?  Most likely. Why? See #1 above.  Interviewer did not ask any "hard" question.

What I am curious about (ie. How to interview 101):
1.  A list of vaccine side effects which CEO deemed "very serious but very rare"
2. Why CEO did not provide any percentage of cases with side effects. A very tiny percentage would actually help convince people who doubt the safety of the vaccine

• Like 2

Right. Another giveaway of it being a puff piece (no hard questions or follow ups) is how tightly it’s edited.  Almost like a product placement.  The truth is that they don’t want you to think about side effects.  Just shut up and get your jab already.  Even the typical 60 second drug commercial spends half its duration talking about possible side effects.  

Edited by Mathew

52 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

1. The fault was on the interviewer who did not ask the CEO to clarify the side effects or provide percentage of cases with side effects. 
2. The neck thing is not a deepfake.  Go to NBC and see from the source.  His neck is unusual but lets keep the conversation on earthly realm. 

That video is from the source. There is a similar one from ABC. Aside from the strange bulging, his neck doesn’t line up correctly below the Adam’s apple. It appears that from neck up his head is  pasted on someone else’s body.  

Edited by Mathew

2 hours ago, Mathew said:

Of course. My point is that the product is idiotic. But you may disagree. 

you seem to think that any barrier that is not 100% effective is a waste of time.

I have seen these shields used by swim instructors in the pool as they teach young kids.  FYI; kids that are learning to swim will often cough or sneeze without covering their mouth (also goes both ways as the instructor may need to cough or sneeze while holding a child in the water)...so without the shield that's basically a direct cough or sneeze into their faces.  So you tell me...is the shield a waste or actually helpful?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

What I am curious about (ie. How to interview 101):
1.  A list of vaccine side effects which CEO deemed "very serious but very rare"
2. Why CEO did not provide any percentage of cases with side effects. A very tiny percentage would actually help convince people who doubt the safety of the vaccine

1. "Rare"... he doesn't know that. He assumes it is or wants to believe it for the company's sake. No proof, as we don't have any studies on long term effects or did somebody from Pfizer invent a time machine & skip to 2027? If so, they're genius, let me get that juice right away.

How many months was that? This is a live experiment & we are the viewers. You can't deny this. It's not a safe flu shot. Not yet. 

I'm not assuming these individuals are evil per se, not at all, but I'm a sceptic capable of critical thinking. And if I think of how bad this world is & how bad it f**ked over 98% of the population & how the f**kers now offer the f**ked $100 to get a vaccine as soon as possible I might think twice about getting it.

2. Easy, he doesn't know. Nobody knows.

This vaccine thing is so complicated & it divides the people. There is no need for that, instead of attacking each other & holding onto dogmata, we should approach this with LOGIC & actual SCIENCE.

Because there is a few things we already know about these vaccines, from studies & from the companies themselves:

1. It doesn't stop the spread of the virus, you're just as dangerous to your environment as an unvaccinated person.

2. It protects YOU, not your neighbor or your dog, so it's a self-protective measure.

Taking these 2 simple statements into consideration, there is only one logical way to handle this situation: 

Those who want to protect themselves & trust a handful of scientists mixing something in a lab should get it. And no one should stop them from getting it, that's their right to protect themselves.

Those who don't trust this or need some more time to make a decision should not get it. It shouldn't be your concern as a vaccinated person. You're safe, he's not. At least that's the narrative. 

So let people do whatever they want, it's their own body, it's not like forcing them to pick a football team to cheer for, this is a serious medical & private matter. So let's treat it that way.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

you seem to think that any barrier that is not 100% effective is a waste of time.

I have seen these shields used by swim instructors in the pool as they teach young kids.  FYI; kids that are learning to swim will often cough or sneeze without covering their mouth (also goes both ways as the instructor may need to cough or sneeze while holding a child in the water)...so without the shield that's basically a direct cough or sneeze into their faces.  So you tell me...is the shield a waste or actually helpful?

Lol. Swimming with one those face shields sounds a lot more dangerous than catching covid in a swimming pool. I was kind of hoping you would reply actually. I need to see the equivalent meme of a person wearing a face shield as a diaper.  😆

Edited by Mathew
  • Sad 1

Love the argument that “we are all part of a big trial”. Have the people who say that not been using cellphones, stayed away from wifi etc? That is a multi-decade live experiment in what happens to human brains and bodies when exposed to electromagnetic waves.

Remember, it took decades to prove that asbestos caused lung cancer.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

it's abundantly clear...the "People" are ALREADY divided...the vaccine thing is just another marker

You didn’t really comprehend his post. You merely took what you wanted from it. But to connect what you said earlier in this thread:  You don’t understand why people refuse the jab for political reasons. It goes a little deeper than that. We spent the last few posts detailing the whys.

Edited by Mathew

7 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Love the argument that “we are all part of a big trial”. Have the people who say that not been using cellphones, stayed away from wifi etc? That is a multi-decade live experiment in what happens to human brains and bodies when exposed to electromagnetic waves.

Remember, it took decades to prove that asbestos caused lung cancer.

This is true.

Maybe infertility will drastically increase some time & maybe some smart scientist will tell us we shouldn't have kept our phones in our front pocket all the time.

Imagine the chaos after such news. I swear if this was official, everyone would throw their phone out the window.

Just kidding, we don't care.

55 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

it's abundantly clear...the "People" are ALREADY divided...the vaccine thing is just another marker

I figured that out about 5 years ago.  Then the question became who benefited from a divided USA. 

My advice is not to go down that rabbit hole :D :D

• Like 1