COVID-19 / Coronavirus Discussion

CosmicSpeed

5 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

From what I read, he was advocating that the school drop the Covid related policies.  His op-ed did not seem completely unhinged and he provided some studies that backed up his arguments.  I'm not sure I'd dance on his grave over that, but to each their own.

53 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

https://news.yahoo.com/texas-anti-mask-freedom-rally-045722778.html

The saddest part, other than being a 30 year old husband/father of three, is its almost entirely preventable at this point.  

'When he first felt symptoms on July 26, his wife told the Standard-Times, he refused to get tested or seek medical care. He instead began treating himself with a cocktail of Vitamin C, zinc, aspirin and ivermectin, an anti-parasitic drug that has been falsely promoted as an effective treatment for COVID-19 by conservative media. He was taken to the hospital on July 30.'

Lisa Shaw: Presenter's death due to complications of Covid vaccine - BBC News

The saddest part, other than being a 44 year old wife/mother of one, is its almost entirely preventable at this point.

A radio presenter died due to complications from the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine, a coroner has found.

Lisa Shaw, who worked for BBC Radio Newcastle, died at the age of 44 in May after developing headaches a week after getting her first dose of the vaccine.

Newcastle coroner Karen Dilks heard Ms Shaw suffered blood clots in the brain which ultimately led to her death.

The propaganda campaign can be played on both sides. I'm only posting this response to illustrate this fact not to debate vaccine effectiveness or dangers. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mathew said:

These types of articles are idiotic. He made a choice to not seek medical attention. The MSM cherry picks these stories for people like yourself. You just assume then that everyone who refuses to get vaccinated is some kind of conservative imbecile. You actually completely trust the MSM narrative on covid but believe that pet food companies are poisoning our cats and dogs 🤣

Don't know if this guy was vaccinated or not, in this case its irrelevant because he didn't die of COVID - he died from a treatable condition because hospitals were full of COVID patients, COVID patients that are disproportionately unvaccinated. **** like this is happening more & more, and will continue to happen. Can we get past this 14-year old libertarian mindset that a personal choices only affect an individual? I mean, I know YOU can't, but as a nation I'm holding on to a little hope...

Edited by HappyHawkeye
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Lisa Shaw: Presenter's death due to complications of Covid vaccine - BBC News

The saddest part, other than being a 44 year old wife/mother of one, is its almost entirely preventable at this point.

A radio presenter died due to complications from the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine, a coroner has found.

Lisa Shaw, who worked for BBC Radio Newcastle, died at the age of 44 in May after developing headaches a week after getting her first dose of the vaccine.

Newcastle coroner Karen Dilks heard Ms Shaw suffered blood clots in the brain which ultimately led to her death.

The propaganda campaign can be played on both sides. I'm only posting this response to illustrate this fact not to debate vaccine effectiveness or dangers. 

We live in a world nay a universe that is basically a game of Russian roulette, a person can always find a few examples of extreme things happening. I personally met a person who survived a skydiving accident where both chutes failed, there is a finite but tiny chance a person could walk through a brick wall if going fast enough, like an electron can. But what matters in any statistical distribution is where the bulk of the probability occurs not what happens in the far off tails. If you believe in tails then by all means jump out that plane with no chute and David Copperfield through that wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mathew said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/08/26/sturgis-motorcycle-rally-covid-cases/

100 cases linked to half million bikers. Oh my the sky is falling.  But the MSM is of course having a field day with it. Watch Biden and his cronies try to outlaw Sturgis and other such events unless vaccinated. 

I remember when Sturgis 2020 happened and it single-handedly started the second wave last August/Sept. across the midwest. You can literally watch the spikes in cases across Wisconsin/Minnesota/Dakotas/Wyoming - prior to that event the virus was largely contained to urban areas. Sturgis 2020 certainly helped spread the virus far and wide. And then they did it AGAIN, all while we knew delta-variant was surging.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/10/17/sturgis-rally-spread/

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, keymomachine said:

I remember when Sturgis 2020 happened and it single-handedly started the second wave last August/Sept. across the midwest. You can literally watch the spikes in cases across Wisconsin/Minnesota/Dakotas/Wyoming - prior to that event the virus was largely contained to urban areas. Sturgis 2020 certainly helped spread the virus far and wide. And then they did it AGAIN, all while we knew delta-variant was surging.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/10/17/sturgis-rally-spread/

Pretty sure the BLM rallies last year had something to do with it as well. But that was for a good cause and Sturgis is just a bunch of redneck, racist bikers. So yeah the science always says that white racists are more likely to spread covid than law abiding African Americans protesting police brutality. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Pretty sure the BLM rallies last year had something to do with it as well. But that was for a good cause and Sturgis is just a bunch of redneck, racist bikers. So yeah the science always says that white racists are more likely to spread covid than law abiding African Americans protesting police brutality. 

TFA literally contrasts the two events but please go off and ignore all the facts on the ground for your version of reality. BLM rallies happened in June and didn't result in spikes - not a lot of people travelled across states to those protests. I'm unclear about what makes you think you're so much smarter than literally everyone else in the world that you get to ignore them and say whatever.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

The preventable deaths will continue, experts predict, with unvaccinated pockets of the nation experiencing outbreaks in the fall and winter. 

Nearly all COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. now are in people who weren’t vaccinated

https://pfizer.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PfizerCareers

Search for 'Marketing', I can put in a good word for you.

25 minutes ago, keymomachine said:

TFA literally contrasts the two events but please go off and ignore all the facts on the ground for your version of reality. BLM rallies happened in June and didn't result in spikes - not a lot of people travelled across states to those protests. I'm unclear about what makes you think you're so much smarter than literally everyone else in the world that you get to ignore them and say whatever.

Sturgis 2020 didn’t start until August 7th. Looks like there was an actual decline in cases:

CA47C30D-2514-432D-89B5-C1876F8337DF.png

38D13A46-1E05-4899-AAA6-0D956CC09B06.png

6F47C477-3DB6-4256-B302-8C63C68B3EC4.png

Edited by Mathew
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Mathew said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.argusleader.com/amp/4892542001

Oh my, half million bikers to blame for 463 cases over 30 states and *gasp* one death 😭

I am in continual awe of how your mind works. Your inability to grasp how data is collected, analyzed, and disseminated - and what data can accurately tell us and what it cannot - is so astoundingly wrong at every turn. Are you a bot that was created by COVID?

From the article you linked: 'While the number of cases identified is sizable—140 cases per 100,000 attendees—it is likely that the true national impact of the Sturgis event is underestimated," the report states.'

In order for those numbers to tell you what you think they are telling you, you'd have to assume at a minimum that all attendees were tested, that all were asked about Sturgis attendance, and that all gave a truthful answer. This doesn't eve touch the complexity of trying to contact trace people that would have later crossed paths with attendees. The best you can do with that kind of incomplete and imperfect data, is make your best guess as to what the true impact was. And the infectious disease experts that authored the report said it was almost certainly worse than those numbers reflect, because of course they were.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, HappyHawkeye said:

I  And the infectious disease experts that authored the report said it was almost certainly worse than those numbers reflect, because of course they were.

And yet the numbers don’t reflect. The number of cases actually declined after the rally.  Are covid case numbers now not accurate?  

Edited by Mathew
  • Sad 1