COVID-19 / Coronavirus Discussion

CosmicSpeed

23 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I figured that out about 5 years ago.  Then the question became who benefited from a divided USA. 

My advice is not to go down that rabbit hole :D :D

Divide and conquer.  Not even that deep of a rabbit hole if you’re not afraid to question.  

Edited by Mathew

1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

What I am curious about (ie. How to interview 101):
1.  A list of vaccine side effects which CEO deemed "very serious but very rare"
2. Why CEO did not provide any percentage of cases with side effects. A very tiny percentage would actually help convince people who doubt the safety of the vaccine

I work at a hospital that is doing research on the vaccines, and they recently did a video explaining how they work, what the potential side-effects are, and some general numbers.

1) The rate at which individuals experience initial side-effects is something around 10-15%, but this is often just a minor fever and passes within a few days. This is why they have you wait for around 15 minutes prior to leaving after getting the vaccine.

2)The rates of serious reaction (not death) to the vaccine is 7 in 1,000,000, so if you aren't worried about Covid because the survival rate is 99.7%, you shouldn't be worried about this either.

Also, anyone worried about it should just research how mRNA works. The tech going into these vaccines is actually remarkable, and will ultimately change the way we do future vaccines. This vaccine is actually arguably safer than a flu shot, as the risk for an allergic reaction is basically none.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, spener90 said:

2)The rates of serious reaction (not death) to the vaccine is 7 in 1,000,000, so if you aren't worried about Covid because the survival rate is 99.7%, you shouldn't be worried about this either.

Doesn't this eliminate the vaccine's purpose? I don't know, but 99.7% seems like a low risk...

4 minutes ago, spener90 said:

Also, anyone worried about it should just research how mRNA works. The tech going into these vaccines is actually remarkable, and will ultimately change the way we do future vaccines. This vaccine is actually arguably safer than a flu shot, as the risk for an allergic reaction is basically none.

Maybe it being mRNA or vector is the issue. It's not antibodies. There's a reason mRNA vaccines were never legal, medical ethicists did not approve as it was too risky. This is the first one ever to get an approval, keep this in mind.

20 minutes ago, spener90 said:

I work at a hospital that is doing research on the vaccines, and they recently did a video explaining how they work, what the potential side-effects are, and some general numbers.

1) The rate at which individuals experience initial side-effects is something around 10-15%, but this is often just a minor fever and passes within a few days. This is why they have you wait for around 15 minutes prior to leaving after getting the vaccine.

Initial side effects?  After my 2nd Pfizer shot I felt like I had been hit hit by a freight train the following day.  What about long term effects?  After the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc booster ?  You sound like a spokesperson for Pfizer. How much are they paying you 😉

Edited by Mathew

45 minutes ago, Mathew said:

...After my 2nd Pfizer shot I felt like I had been hit hit by a freight train the following day...

Imagine how you'd feel getting COVID and being put on a ventilator. IMO, it's a small price to pay to avoid hospitalization or death for that matter. 

Edited by oneknightr

6 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Imagine how you'd feel getting COVID and being put on a ventilator. IMO, it's a small price to pay to avoid hospitalization or death for that matter. 

I had covid last year. No hospital. No ventilator. Mild fever. Worst thing was losing taste and smell for awhile. I’ve been down with flu where I felt 10x worse. I only got the vaccine because I have a gig job that puts me out in public and in areas that are now in the process of requiring it. 

Edited by Mathew

17 minutes ago, Mathew said:

I had covid last year. No hospital. No ventilator. Mild fever. Worst thing was losing taste and smell for awhile. I’ve been down with flu where I felt 10x worse. I only got the vaccine because I have a gig job that puts me out in public and in areas that are now in the process of requiring it. 

Glad that it didn't impact you that bad. A couple of my friends had it too and they experienced what you did. Sadly, some family members and friends of BP'ers here weren't as lucky.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I figured that out about 5 years ago.  Then the question became who benefited from a divided USA. 

I'd say it goes back "a bit" further...something about a Civil War 

funny...you could make divide lines during Civil War times and get a similar lines now....

except for the West...which was largely Spanish back then...WAIT?

39 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Doesn't this eliminate the vaccine's purpose? I don't know, but 99.7% seems like a low risk...

Sorry, I should also have mentioned the odds of getting long-Covid complications occuring in 10-30% of people, and is dramatically lower for those who have received the vaccine.

1 hour ago, Mathew said:

You sound like a spokesperson for Pfizer. How much are they paying you 😉

Unfortunately nothing. 😔 I do agree with your general sentiment that these shouldn't be required. Not because they aren't effective, but because the social pushback on it may not be worth it. For me it appears to be a double edged sword.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, spener90 said:

Sorry, I should also have mentioned the odds of getting long-Covid complications occuring in 10-30% of people, and is dramatically lower for those who have received the vaccine.

What are some factors that indicate one may be affected by the long Covid?  Is it something that's known or are they still trying to find a link?

42 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Looks like you are sitting pretty. A new study is coming out showing naturally acquired immunity is much longer lasting than synthetic immunity. Natural + synthetic is even better. 

Link for those interested: Comparing SARS-CoV-2 natural immunity to vaccine-induced immunity: reinfections versus breakthrough infections | medRxiv

3 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

If you strip the partisanship out of the equation, the answer is pretty simple...anyone who makes a living from politics, lobbying, political fundraising, partisan political activities, and/or the sale of advertising in connection with partisan political content.   

• Confused 1

The electromagnetic radiation that phones and wifi use is what we call non ionizing, it’s much lower energy than even infrared(your toaster) and visible light, it is incapable of ionizing atoms in DNA as it is far smaller than the energy differences between electron orbitals, and much much smaller than ionization energy. This is pretty worked out science at this point. Marginally people have been walking around with cell phones now for decades, I think we would have seen something by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, junkrigger said:

The electromagnetic radiation that phones and wifi use is what we call non ionizing, it’s much lower energy than even infrared(your toaster) and visible light, it is incapable of ionizing atoms in DNA as it is far smaller than the energy differences between electron orbitals, and much much smaller than ionization energy. This is pretty worked out science at this point. Marginally people have been walking around with cell phones now for decades, I think we would have seen something by now.

Do you really expect us to accept "science" when there are random people on the internet who say that it's bad for you???

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Do you really expect us to accept "science" when there are random people on the internet who say that it's bad for you???

I like science cause it gets results and thus gets things done correctly and gets us paid, though I hear voodoo can be lucrative too.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, junkrigger said:

unnamed.jpg.8cb1c305ddef964a5cb015fb19fcfd9c.jpg

https://news.yahoo.com/texas-anti-mask-freedom-rally-045722778.html

The saddest part, other than being a 30 year old husband/father of three, is its almost entirely preventable at this point.  

'When he first felt symptoms on July 26, his wife told the Standard-Times, he refused to get tested or seek medical care. He instead began treating himself with a cocktail of Vitamin C, zinc, aspirin and ivermectin, an anti-parasitic drug that has been falsely promoted as an effective treatment for COVID-19 by conservative media. He was taken to the hospital on July 30.'

Edited by BricksBrotha

18 hours ago, redcell said:

If you strip the partisanship out of the equation, the answer is pretty simple...anyone who makes a living from politics, lobbying, political fundraising, partisan political activities, and/or the sale of advertising in connection with partisan political content.   

That was my initial thoughts as well.  However, there is only a portion of population who belong to either 1 of the 2 big parties.  The majority of population is/was? largely apolitical.  This majority is getting sucked into the same division and it seems like the division accelerated even faster in the past 2 years.

I would think the politicians type would want some division among the die-hards so to support any laws they enact to shape the rest of the country.  Division within the majority of population should not be ideal for these politicians.  It is easier to just have the D and R fight amongst themselves in their smaller subset of population.  The result of these "fights" are then used to create laws that steer the rest of the sheep / population. 
It would make it harder for the politician class to have control over issues when the majority of population are divided strongly for or against those issues.  This is why I do not think the answer is that simple.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dennugsmello said:

Looks like you are sitting pretty. A new study is coming out showing naturally acquired immunity is much longer lasting than synthetic immunity. Natural + synthetic is even better. 

Link for those interested: Comparing SARS-CoV-2 natural immunity to vaccine-induced immunity: reinfections versus breakthrough infections | medRxiv

Just read about this study, it's Israeli, so extra accuracy. By definition media should love this.

Crazy how (according to the study) our immune system & naturally aquired immunity is far more effective than the Pfizer vaccine/artificial immunity. It's years of protection versus a few months. Unless you get your biannual boosters, you're lacking.

55 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

The saddest part, other than being a 30 year old husband/father of three, is its almost entirely preventable at this point.  

'When he first felt symptoms on July 26, his wife told the Standard-Times, he refused to get tested or seek medical care. He instead began treating himself with a cocktail of Vitamin C, zinc, aspirin and ivermectin, an anti-parasitic drug that has been falsely promoted as an effective treatment for COVID-19 by conservative media. He was taken to the hospital on July 30.'

These types of articles are idiotic. He made a choice to not seek medical attention. The MSM cherry picks these stories for people like yourself. You just assume then that everyone who refuses to get vaccinated is some kind of conservative imbecile. You actually completely trust the MSM narrative on covid but believe that pet food companies are poisoning our cats and dogs 🤣

Edited by Mathew
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

I keep hearing about the anti-mask people dying, has any pro-mask person died?  Anybody out there always wear their mask, maintain social distancing, and still catch the Covid and die?  Where is the media spiking the ball on that person's death.

The Ivermectin thing is funny in that it's not something that conservative media just dreamed up, but facts never stopped a partisan hack.  It was actually used in other countries, and if you believe their findings, produced some favorable results.

2 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

I keep hearing about the anti-mask people dying, has any pro-mask person died?  Anybody out there always wear their mask, maintain social distancing, and still catch the Covid and die?  Where is the media spiking the ball on that person's death.

The Ivermectin thing is funny in that it's not something that conservative media just dreamed up, but facts never stopped a partisan hack.  It was actually used in other countries, and if you believe their findings, produced some favorable results.

The MSM won’t report anything against the Covid-1984 narrative.  As previously discussed it’s nothing more than a divide and conquer campaign against the civilians. 

• Sad 1