COVID-19 / Coronavirus Discussion

CosmicSpeed

17 minutes ago, Mathew said:

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/wps.20921 is the link to the actual study. This is cumulative to include many other substances. 

The most telling part of the study is the incredibly high difference between the underlying conditions for SUD, and non-SUD patients. 

a.thumb.jpg.5832d9d95fefa52532c4df8dbbdd42c8.jpg

Unfortunate highlights include both a 1066% higher rate of HIV, 277% higher rate of cancer, plus significant leads in every category.

I'd say the best one could take from this, is that substance abuse can lead to higher rates of underlying conditions that put one at a higher risk of a compromised immune system, which would allow to a higher rate of breakthrough COVID-19 cases. 

It's best to look at the actual research and not just pull headlines that support what you are trying to convey. 

• Like 1

Doctors gave up on my low immune mystery.  Just going with the its out of whack from Sarcoid.  Said its concerning its that low , only seen it that low in HIV patients but said if you were truly that low you'd be sick all the time with little stuff.

Get to come off Keppra next week.   Last Neurologist doesn't think its neurosarcoid either so thinks just asymptomatic sarcoid and had a bad case of viral meningitis.

Said if I come off Keppra and the episodes come back then it most likely would be neurological and would have to run more tests but really doesn't think it is with no lesions on the brain scans.

Process of elimination.  Seems scientific

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

38 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

It's best to look at the actual research and not just pull headlines that support what you are trying to convey. 

True. But it should be noted considering that marijuana is legal and being promoted in states that also have the toughest covid mandates. Promoting a substance that can potentially lead to more covid deaths seems counterintuitive and hypocritical. 

43 minutes ago, Mathew said:

True. But it should be noted considering that marijuana is legal and being promoted in states that also have the toughest covid mandates. Promoting a substance that can potentially lead to more covid deaths seems counterintuitive and hypocritical. 

Based on the breakdown Alcohol (AUD) and Tobacco (TUD) both had a higher rate of breakthrough infections than cannabis when taking the more widely available vaccine, Pfizer. They sell them at nearly every store, convenience stores plastered with ads. 

image.png.a0cb925d8ccbb995eaa568049753ac63.png

Based on the results, we should convince everyone that is abusing a substance to start riding the white horse, as that has a much lower breakthrough risk. 

Edited by brickvoyeur

I didn't see it mentioned in the article and didn't want to dive into the data, but does the data differentiate between the types of marijuana users? For example, are people who smoke marijuana more likely to have breakthroughs than say people who only consume through edibles? Is it the substance or the way the substance is being used?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to share this photo from my apple watch. Some might find this interesting. Here is what the two Covid vaccines I was required to take for my job did to my resting heart rate. Anyone else had similar readings? Took the Pfizer shots three weeks apart as required. 

My average has been somewhere between 65 and 69 for years before this. Been averaging about 5-8 beats higher ever since the large month long spike but trending down recently. 

image_123986672.JPG

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, dennugsmello said:

Wanted to share this photo from my apple watch. Some might find this interesting. Here is what the two Covid vaccines I was required to take for my job did to my resting heart rate. Anyone else had similar readings? Took the Pfizer shots three weeks apart as required. 

My average has been somewhere between 65 and 69 for years before this. Been averaging about 5-8 beats higher ever since the large month long spike but trending down recently. 

image_123986672.JPG

thanks for sharing

1 hour ago, dennugsmello said:

image_123986672.JPG

Are the dots individual readings? I don't get how this is enough data to make any observations at all.

• 2 months later...

https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdjKwFgG/

A researcher Ive followed since the end of 2019, just posted some pretty interesting data.

The booster shot appears to have a much greater impact on your blood Ab titer levels than the first 2 rounds. 

Lately, Ive found the argument of natural immunity vs manufactured immunity debate highly intriguing. 

He also included some compelling data points of unvaccinated patients and their ab levels 3-4 weeks post infection for comparison. Its obviously a small number of samples, but his data points towards vaccines having a significantly greater impact on Antibody titers in your blood vs natural immunity.  They are not even close.  

ps - apologies for the terrible quality photos. The file is to large to upload so the video is linked.

pps - This is more for the people who care, for those who are 'my body, my choice' just move along. 

image.thumb.png.13159419b8daf00bec5d7eca27a482cb.pngimage.thumb.png.1c59251e683d1ef7b8ae7a6710194993.pngimage.png.649e824ff643caae58429b3cfb877d6e.png

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdjKwFgG/

A researcher Ive followed since the end of 2019, just posted some pretty interesting data.

The booster shot appears to have a much greater impact on your blood Ab titer levels than the first 2 rounds. 

Lately, Ive found the argument of natural immunity vs manufactured immunity debate highly intriguing. 

He also included some compelling data points of unvaccinated patients and their ab levels 3-4 weeks post infection for comparison. Its obviously a small number of samples, but his data points towards vaccines having a significantly greater impact on Antibody titers in your blood vs natural immunity.  They are not even close.  

ps - apologies for the terrible quality photos. The file is to large to upload so the video is linked.

pps - This is more for the people who care, for those who are 'my body, my choice' just move along. 

image.thumb.png.13159419b8daf00bec5d7eca27a482cb.pngimage.thumb.png.1c59251e683d1ef7b8ae7a6710194993.pngimage.png.649e824ff643caae58429b3cfb877d6e.png

It appears Moderna published reports that their booster is very effective against Omicron, but not much data on Pfizer yet.  Also, they are steering people away from the J&J vaccine.

24 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

It appears Moderna published reports that their booster is very effective against Omicron, but not much data on Pfizer yet.  Also, they are steering people away from the J&J vaccine.

cnbc talkinghead jim cramer has contracted covid omicron and is able to work from home caling it very  mild.  he received 3 full dose pfizer.  he infected his co-host Carl Cantanilla the morning he had a negative covid rapid test (luckily other host David was out of town interviewing Bob Iger).  Carl also got 3 full dose pfizer. and  is working from home and describes symptoms as mild.  cramer's wife got a jnj and then a pfizer booster and is apparently mild-moderately sick at home.  anecdotal for sure.

Edited by cladner

3 minutes ago, cladner said:

cnbc talkinghead jim cramer has contracted covid omicron and is able to work from home caling it very  mild.  he received 3 full dose pfizer.  he infected his co-host Carl Cantanilla the morning he had a negative covid rapid test (luckily other host David was out of town interviewing Bob Iger).  Carl also got 3 full dose pfizer. and  is working from home and describes symptoms as mild.  anecdotal for sure.

Is that what they meant by triple vaccinated? I was confused for a minute, because you hear stories about those people that LITERALLY got triple vaccinated (Two Pfizer, two Moderna, one J&J)...

2 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

Is that what they meant by triple vaccinated? I was confused for a minute, because you hear stories about those people that LITERALLY got triple vaccinated (Two Pfizer, two Moderna, one J&J)...

before the boosters were offical, people were getting off-label 3rd fulldose shots.  the official 3rd dose  boosters that are being given out now are half dose.  if you are immunocompromised you can get the 3rd dose as a fulldose.  i have a friend going through lymphoma who got the 3rd full dose before it was official.

Edited by cladner

1 minute ago, cladner said:

before the boosters were offical, people were getting off-label 3rd fulldose shots.  the official 3rd dose  boosters that are being given out now are half dose.  if you are immunocompromised you can get the 3rd dose as a fulldose.

That's accurate for Moderna, not Pfizer, according to a quick google and the checkin person when I got my booster.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

That's accurate for Moderna, not Pfizer, according to a quick google and the checkin person when I got my booster.

yes you are right.  my wife had zero reaction to the pfizer booster after getting a little sick after the second so i assumed it was a half dose like moderna.  

Looks like virtually all of the non MRNA vaccines are ineffective against symptomatic infections of Omicron. Likely still some protection against severe disease.

Anecdote: a class mate of my daughter contracted Covid last Xmas and had a mild case. She was reinfected this year and spent two days in the hospital because her blood oxygen dropped in the 80s. Rapid recovery thank god, but if Omicron is as infections as measles this winter is going to put an even worse strain on our hospital system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1