COVID-19 / Coronavirus Discussion

CosmicSpeed

5 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

I like it!  I'll take that friendly wager.  If you win, I will send you a set & minifigure as well.  here are your choices plus a captain marvel & nick fury poly 30453. 

1.) 41061 Jasmines Exotic Palace

2.) 76124 War Machine Buster 

3.) 30628 Book of Monsters

Trying to think of a universal benchmark. Open to ideas. One suggestion.  I work for a S&P 100 company.  We have been work from home since March 13th 2020.  If people are back in the office by May 1st, you win. if not, you loose.  Does that work?  

First. I'd say my sets are a bit more attractive and more valuable now and long term, but that's another matter. Maybe the peanut galley can decide that matter. 

I agree people returning to work could be used as a metric, but we should also consider media coverage and the general populations fear level as well. Plus case numbers. When the fear of covid falls so will testing. Then cases numbers will plummet. 

I believe we are going to see a peak Covid cases in the next couple of months along with falling death rates. Then, covid cases will plummet. I'm thinking the the world cases will look like the India chart after delta wave by summer. 

Maybe if the majority of countries charts look like this by summer I win. Maybe not exactly but along this general path?

covidindia.png

13 minutes ago, dennugsmello said:

First. I'd say my sets are a bit more attractive and more valuable now and long term, but that's another matter. Maybe the peanut galley can decide that matter. 

I agree people returning to work could be used as a metric, but we should also consider media coverage and the general populations fear level as well. Plus case numbers. When the fear of covid falls so will testing. Then cases numbers will plummet. 

I believe we are going to see a peak Covid cases in the next couple of months along with falling death rates. Then, covid cases will plummet. I'm thinking the the world cases will look like the India chart after delta wave by summer. 

Maybe if the majority of countries charts look like this by summer I win. Maybe not exactly but along this general path?

Those were just sets off the top of my head. I can look through my inventory tonight and match you dollar for dollar, if that's your main concern. 

My main concern? Now you are saying by summer. Originally I called you out saying April/May it will be over. So May 1st was the middle date of your range. This would technically still be spring time. Technically, the first day of summer in 2022 is Tuesday, June 21.  Already back peddling before terms are agreed upon is not a good sign for a friendly wager.   

Edited by BricksBrotha

29 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

Those were just sets off the top of my head. I can look through my inventory tonight and match you dollar for dollar, if that's your main concern. 

My main concern? Now you are saying by summer. Originally I called you out saying April/May it will be over. So May 1st was the middle date of your range. This would technically still be spring time. Technically, the first day of summer in 2022 is Tuesday, June 21.  Already back peddling before terms are agreed upon is not a good sign for a friendly wager.   

I’m not back peddling at all. I just kind of consider when my kids leave school summer. That’s what I meant by summer. Sorry for the confusion. 

So here is my bet. By May 31 cases world wide will be drastically lower(similar the the India chart, fear for the majority of the people will be low and most will have moved on. Media coverage will be small and the governments will have mostly moved on from any kind of major lockdowns.

If I win, you don’t have to send anything. If you win you get your choice of the three sets I offered. Deal?

6 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

Unfortunately in the US, we've had people actively fighting against widely excepted pandemic protocols for the past two years.

Are you sure that is the word that you intended?  I've had my two shots as well as a booster.  However, *I* made the choice to do that.  I feel strongly that mandates are Constitutionally illegal and shut-downs did much more to hurt the country than help it.  Lumping flat-earthers, anti-vaxers and those against abortion is silly, simplistic and downright wrong.  As for "News For Profit," that's every single news service.  Not a one is non-profit.  And before you yell PBS, its government supported (with our tax dollars,) therefore sponsored.  Everyone yells "Follow the science."  But the ones yelling that do everything but.  I am a Libertarian and I look at Trump with a critical eye.  But this banana that we have in the White House now has no clue, no plan.  He keeps guys like Fauci on that is both an admitted liar and also accused of much higher misdeeds.  The very moment that he was discovered to have connections to Wuhan, he should have been fired.  And I am supposed to respect the WHO that kowtows to China and treats Taiwan with such disrespect?

COVID is a ****-show, made that way by politicians.  It's been a world-wide power grab since day 1, used for political purposes and in direct opposition to the welfare of the public and society at large.  Yes, I'll get my shot because I am 60 and want one.  But I support anyone's opposition to getting one.  If the vaccine was the wonder jab that they claim, that shouldn't make a big difference.  Just as someone not taking a flu shot shouldn't affect me when I've had mine.  And you can shove that mask squarely up your rectal cavity.  Especially if you are going to pull your mask down to your chin so that you can cuss me for not having one on.

aaa.thumb.jpg.0a63ec048b5763283e9f243175310643.jpg

Edited by raindog
  • Like 7

Are you sure that is the word that you intended?  I've had my two shots as well as a booster.  However, *I* made the choice to do that.  I feel strongly that mandates are Constitutionally illegal and shut-downs did much more to hurt the country than help it.  Lumping flat-earthers, anti-vaxers and those against abortion is silly, simplistic and downright wrong.  As for "News For Profit," that's every single news service.  Not a one is non-profit.  And before you yell PBS, its government supported (with our tax dollars,) therefore sponsored.  Everyone yells "Follow the science."  But the ones yelling that do everything but.  I am a Libertarian and I look at Trump with a critical eye.  But this banana that we have in the White House now has no clue, no plan.  He keeps guys like Fauci on that is both an admitted liar and also accused of much higher misdeeds.  The very moment that he was discovered to have connections to Wuhan, he should have been fired.  And I am supposed to respect the WHO that kowtows to China and treats Taiwan with such disrespect?

COVID is a ****-show, made that way by politicians.  It's been a world-wide power grab since day 1, used for political purposes and in direct opposition to the welfare of the public and society at large.  Yes, I'll get my shot because I am 60 and want one.  But I support anyone's opposition to getting one.  If the vaccine was the wonder jab that they claim, that shouldn't make a big difference.  Just as someone not taking a flu shot shouldn't affect me when I've had mine.  And you can shove that mask squarely up your rectal cavity.  Especially if you are going to pull your mask down to your chin so that you can cuss me for not having one on.

http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_12/aaa.thumb.jpg.0a63ec048b5763283e9f243175310643.jpg

Well said. All politicians including trump are in it for themselves as are many doctors and “scientists”. The amount of funding these people get for their one way studies is ridiculous. With a background in “science” you can make any data adjust to your liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, raindog said:

Lumping flat-earthers, anti-vaxers and those against abortion is silly, simplistic and downright wrong. 

If that’s so wrong, then i don’t want to be right.  

this may hurt your eyes but they have many commonalities. as in living in a fantasy land, personal entitlement, lesser evolved frontal cortex & most obvious of all, a total disregard for anyone other than themselves. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, raindog said:

aaa.thumb.jpg.0a63ec048b5763283e9f243175310643.jpg

What is wrong with what Fauci is doing here (apart from wearing a cloth facemask, those should not be allowed anymore as they were really just a stopgap solution when proper masks were not available)?

- He is with people he knows, distanced from strangers

- He is fully vaccinated, and based on the fact that he has lowered his mask, his companions are most likely vaccinated too and he knows that.

- Even though he and his companions are fully vaccinated, they still wear masks for when they are around others (either larger groups or potentially unvaccinated people).

- This is an outdoor situation, not a small enclosed space

The big problem is not Fauci relaxing his mask under these circumstances, the problem is the scores of people who, as soon as mask wearing became "optional but recommended" for fully vaccinated people, took to not wearing masks in public and going to gatherings even though they were not (fully) vaccinated. I'm sure that covers 30-40% of the people you meet out in stores, at least in my neck of the woods.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Navigating Florida’s state government bureaucracy. Granted it’s most likely any state government’s bureaucracy.

All the paperwork with a cross country move is a pain in the ass. Titling cars (and a trailer), getting drivers licenses, and getting immunization records transferred from California to Florida is a big pain.

Just be thankful you aren't trying to move into or out of New York City.  It's actually worse.

I still remember the NY DMV person rejecting our marriage certificate from MO as valid identification because it wasn't signed by the justice of peace.  MO doesn't require a justice of the peace to sign it.  A duly ordained pastor is authorized to sign it.  She said "no."  We asked to speak with a supervisor and she simply turned and walked away from us at a snails pace.  I didn't know anyone could actually walk that slow.

NY DL was the last thing my wife was able to get (required three separate trips to the DMV, each trip was a minimum of 3 hours) as she changed her last name at the same time as moving to NY.  So glad we no longer live in NY.

Safe travels and I pray your paperwork and move goes well.

• Like 1

What is wrong with what Fauci is doing here (apart from wearing a cloth facemask, those should not be allowed anymore as they were really just a stopgap solution when proper masks were not available)?
- He is with people he knows, distanced from strangers
- He is fully vaccinated, and based on the fact that he has lowered his mask, his companions are most likely vaccinated too and he knows that.
- Even though he and his companions are fully vaccinated, they still wear masks for when they are around others (either larger groups or potentially unvaccinated people).
- This is an outdoor situation, not a small enclosed space
The big problem is not Fauci relaxing his mask under these circumstances, the problem is the scores of people who, as soon as mask wearing became "optional but recommended" for fully vaccinated people, took to not wearing masks in public and going to gatherings even though they were not (fully) vaccinated. I'm sure that covers 30-40% of the people you meet out in stores, at least in my neck of the woods.

The pic was from summer 2020 so everything you said does not apply to the pic. You need to get news from any other source from wherever you are getting it now. Find a video of him taking off his mask once cameras are off him. There were at least 5 different instances and many of Kamala doing the same or putting in on just for the camera. He’s always wrong and always contradicts himself yet we should follow what he says. Lol. Can’t wait till he tells you to stick your head up someone’s ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, chinothegeeko said:

The pic was from summer 2020 so everything you said does not apply to the pic. You need to get news from any other source from wherever you are getting it now. Find a video of him taking off his mask once cameras are off him. There were at least 5 different instances and many of Kamala doing the same or putting in on just for the camera. He’s always wrong and always contradicts himself yet we should follow what he says. Lol. Can’t wait till he tells you to stick your head up someone’s ass.

I was going to reply but you about covered it.  Well done.

aaa.jpg.152735c355a0cc5353ec11602da915c7.jpg

Edited by raindog

1 hour ago, BricksBrotha said:

this may hurt your eyes but they have many commonalities. as in living in a fantasy land, personal entitlement, lesser evolved frontal cortex & most obvious of all, a total disregard for anyone other than themselves. 🤷‍♂️

That's about as much of a narrow-minded attitude of any bigot anywhere.  Just curious, and I mean this as no insult, but how old are you?  I'm guessing under 30, a product of the agenda-driven conditioning of our public schools.  Again, no insult intended but, the young always know what is right for everyone.  They have every answer to fix the world's ills.  And frankly, pretty insulting when suggesting it with their air of superiority.  Please, what is your age?  As stated earlier, I'm 60.

aaa.thumb.jpg.23d49994cfe3f5c60a6e696ac4f0927b.jpg

Edited by raindog
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, lodibricks said:

The problem in those pictures is the constant lack of "practice what you preach" (Fauci, Newsom, Pelosi, etc), not the science or environmental variables in the scene. These debates don't work well when one is focused on science and the other is focused on principles.

Exactly the purpose of the photos.  Hope that you get well soon.

Throughout history, vaccines are only one tool for virologists/epidemiologists.   
Many times throughout Covid-19, we have seen relaxed restrictions during times of unknown.  People are still piling on cruise ships as a result of 'needing' a vacation. 
Are we capable, yes.  The means are there.  Are we willing?  Most of us, no. 
Vaccination status does not matter as far as spreading of Covid-19.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Oh you mean Covid-19 isnt following usual virus behavior?  As in, maybe we should approach it with more caution?!?
Peanut gallery:  "Naaah, this will all be over by may!"  
Nope, not saying that. Just saying exactly what I said, that being vaccinated does not stop the spread.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

488k daily US cases today,  Florida 78k new daily record beating the mid 30s records from last week.  Knew we could do it!  

NY 74k as well beating their 67k record from yesterday.

might be able to get to a 100k daily state records soon at that rate.

On that note, I tested negative yesterday after being at Great Wolf Lodge and King’s Island last week. I was also directly exposed at a friend’s house last Friday. 

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

On that note, I tested negative yesterday after being at Great Wolf Lodge and King’s Island last week. I was also directly exposed at a friend’s house last Friday. 

Good that we didn't have coffee then, but next time let me know when you're around. That's 10 mins from my place.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil B said:

Good that we didn't have coffee then, but next time let me know when you're around. That's 10 mins from my place.

Thanks, that would be cool. I have a friend from home that wanted to meet up too. It was a quick trip and we had a tight schedule for 2 days.

488k daily US cases today,  Florida 78k new daily record beating the mid 30s records from last week.  Knew we could do it!  
NY 74k as well beating their 67k record from yesterday.
might be able to get to a 100k daily state records soon at that rate.

Florida is probably over 100k daily already, but only 78k through testing.

Yay LEGO!