COVID-19 / Coronavirus Discussion

CosmicSpeed

48 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

WM raised the price for the BinaxNow tests from $14 to $20 because of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were actually selling them 'at cost' for three months+ because of an agreement with the Biden admin. image.png.fe706fd4d6d2275efec9524468982a4d.png

It's still a racket for sure.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Already sold them, yeah COVID!

Amazon is already onto you:

Corresponding with the recent spike in COVID-19 cases, we have observed an increased incidence of price gouging in our store, particularly on COVID-related products like masks and test kits.

As you know, the Marketplace Fair Pricing policy protects our customers from unfair, excessive, and misleading prices. Non-compliance with this policy may trigger offer removal or account suspension.

As a reminder, our price gouging prevention systems attempt to account for variations in local laws while also providing customers a consistent experience across our stores. We take increases in the cost of goods, freight, and labor into consideration. We have and will continue to adjust our price gouging thresholds to reflect these dynamics.

Visit the Pricing Health page to view and restore any listings that may have been deactivated in accordance with our Fair Pricing policy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Robert Lemay (in video above) 6mo ago decided to quit in dramatic fashion rather than get the vaccine claiming against his religion. He was praised across the country and even hosted by FOX news.  Sadly, on Jan 28th, he was taken off a ventilator and passed away from Covid.  

FOX has since removed their interview on YouTube and has been extremely quite regarding this issue.  

9 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

Robert Lemay (in video above) 6mo ago decided to quit in dramatic fashion rather than get the vaccine claiming against his religion. He was praised across the country and even hosted by FOX news.  Sadly, on Jan 28th, he was taken off a ventilator and passed away from Covid.  

FOX has since removed their interview on YouTube and has been extremely quite regarding this issue.  

Let me guess. You're happy he died.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, MarleyMoose said:

9 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

Sadly, on Jan 28th, he was taken off a ventilator and passed away from Covid.  

Dude was offered a choice to keep his job if he got a couple shots, he refused and lost his job, and because he didn't get the shots, also his life. Tragic irony right there, but people make bad decisions all the time - this guy just decided to publicize his.

We all have choices to make.....and this world is soon going to demand a lot more difficult decisions from us all.  And maybe we should focus on our own decisions and not those of other souls.

By all known data the shots are safe and effective and I will never speak ill of anyone who receives them or whatever other safety measures they deem fit.  I, however, can identify with the guy.  I have religious objections to the mRNA technology being used.  Therefore after much deliberation, I decided against them.  I almost lost my job and a looming pension because of it.   I hold my morals, faith and principles as far more important than my life.  If I come up snake eyes and die for my decisions then so be it.  I accept the consequences of every decision and action I make.  And I expect no sympathy in any case.  At the end of the day I can look myself in the mirror without shame or regret.

Be at peace with death.......it will find us all eventually....

• Like 3

4 hours ago, keymomachine said:

Dude was offered a choice to keep his job if he got a couple shots, he refused and lost his job, and because he didn't get the shots, also his life. Tragic irony right there, but people make bad decisions all the time - this guy just decided to publicize his.

Did I miss something?  He died because he didn't take the shots?

I guess that makes sense because no one has gotten Covid or died after taking them.  Crazy

5 hours ago, MarleyMoose said:

no way, I see it as another potentially avoidable death. He was clearly a dedicated person. true tragedy and at this point, it’s all about awareness. like i mentioned above, the mainstream media touted this gentlemen when it fit their narrative and now they are mum. For me, it’s all about awareness and a summation of facts.

1 hour ago, vincevaughn said:

Be at peace with death.......it will find us all eventually....

There’s a big difference of being at peace with death and actively searching out or taunting death.

46 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Did I miss something?  He died because he didn't take the shots?

I’m fairly certain they were refereeing to the increasingly available data showing the death rate among vaccinated vs unvaccinated. 

37 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

There’s a big difference of being at peace with death and actively searching out or taunting death.

Not seeking at all....just living my life according to my principles.  I am not going to wrap my self in bubble wrap and stay in my home because of what might possibly happen.  Life is short.....do the best you can and live it.  You could be driving home doing everything right, going the speed limit on an empty major highway and a drunk driver going the wrong way creams you at 80+ in an F-150 and you never even see it coming.  There are no guarantees in life no matter what insurance and warranties tell you.

BTW if he had been 4 inches to his left I wouldn't be here.....

• Like 3

I don't care what anyone else does medically. At this point with Covid, neither should anyone else. If you want shots, get them. There have been plenty of people who have died after not getting them, and plenty of people who have died after getting them. 

But, I'm probably not posting about someone dying from their choice. 

• Like 4

Do you think that everyone who refuses to get the shots are too dumb to realize that there could be consequences of their decisions? We all make choices everyday and we live (or not, in this case I guess) with the consequences of those decisions. If this guy really had a religious objection, and had another chance, I would be willing to bet that he would make the same decision again knowing what it would mean. Religon is about the afterlife, eternity.... not however relatively miniscule time that we are here.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

I don't care what anyone else does medically. At this point with Covid, neither should anyone else. If you want shots, get them. There have been plenty of people who have died after not getting them, and plenty of people who have died after getting them. 

I haven't cared what anyone outside of my loved ones decide since the beginning.  I've tried to persuade my friends and family to get the shot.  I've never been a fan of mandates, especially for any time after the original strain.  They haven't made sense as far as getting the virus or giving it.  There's been evidence that a vaccinated person sheds less for a smaller amount of time, but I don't feel that's warranted any mandates.  My one issue is people saying, 'sure, people have died that didn't get the shot, but so have the vaccinated.'  This doesn't begin to paint a clear picture of the numbers.  The chances of anyone dying from Covid is relatively small, but the death rate of an unvaccinated person is 97 times worse than that of a fully vaccinated person.  97 times. The chances of dying from parachuting is roughly 7 times less than dying from Covid if testing positive.  But I guarantee you which parachute a jumper would choose if you told them they're chances of dying are 97 times more likely by using one versus the other.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, vincevaughn said:

Not seeking at all....just living my life according to my principles.  I am not going to wrap my self in bubble wrap and stay in my home because of what might possibly happen.  Life is short.....do the best you can and live it.  You could be driving home doing everything right, going the speed limit on an empty major highway and a drunk driver going the wrong way creams you at 80+ in an F-150 and you never even see it coming.  There are no guarantees in life no matter what insurance and warranties tell you.

BTW if he had been 4 inches to his left I wouldn't be here.....

No one said to wrap yourself in a bubble how dramatic and also just because your example of a car accident is true, do we just get behind the wheel and throw caution to the wind? 

Just because you have acknowledged life's fragility and chance, doesn't mean one still cant be cautious.

Just because someone can randomly get in a tragic car accident, by your logic, they should stop wearing their seat belt? Or stop checking their mirrors before changing lanes?   

1 hour ago, Shortbus311 said:

Do you think that everyone who refuses to get the shots are too dumb to realize that there could be consequences of their decisions? 

Certainly not everyone.

2 hours ago, iahawks550 said:

1 hour ago, iahawks550 said:

I understand the numbers, risks and odds. That's why I have made my particular choice. I'm just not going to seemingly gloat by posting an example of someone dying because of their choice. Even by adding the word "sadly", to make it appear some other point is being made. 

Ok you made your point, we all know the hill you've chosen. 

Like I said before, this man was being trotted out on national broadcast and made out to be a hero because of his 'choice'.  But when the time comes to honor said hero, ask yourself, where are those networks?! No longer drooling over his story knowing damn well it would create more division to report the truth. I feel like people deserve to know.

To remind you, this is a covid thread to discuss covid topics.  I would say this is a very relevant story to add and folks should be aware. There was no dancing on graves, no gloating. Better yet, I implore you to ask yourself, 'did I already have a preconceived bias before I even read his post?'

If you dont want to read and contribute about covid, you could always not click on the thread titled Covid-19 discussion...