COVID-19 / Coronavirus Discussion

CosmicSpeed

14 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

Dude is just trying to stop the spin, create his own Brickpicker "No Spin Zone" if you will.

That fine, but how is that story any more relevant than any other non-vaccinated death? Because he was on Fox News?

I just would like to know what "Hill" @BricksBrotha@BricksBrotha thinks I'm on. Since he quoted me, I feel it's a fair question to ask.

3 hours ago, iahawks550 said:

But, I'm probably not posting about someone dying from their choice. 

2 hours ago, iahawks550 said:

That's why I have made my particular choice. I'm just not going to seemingly gloat by posting an example of someone dying because of their choice. 

7 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

I just would like to know what "Hill" @BricksBrotha@BricksBrotha thinks I'm on. 

You took my original post as gloating. Why is that?  I was simply informing.  Ok, so you wont post on here about people dying because of their choice? Fine youve made that abundantly clear.  Are you all of sudden the gate keeper of what is morally correct to post? 

Youve made yourself clear.  Move on.  Posting about death during a Pandemic is where you draw the line. Im ok with your view, why is it your not ok with others?

I feel people deserved to know.  I posted in the appropriate thread.   You had a problem with that. Its pretty clear to see where you stand. 

Edited by BricksBrotha
typo

8 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

You took my original post as gloating. Why is that?  I was simply informing.  Ok, so you wont post on here about people dying because of their choice? Fine youve made that abundantly clear.  Are you all of sudden the gate keeper of what is morally correct to post? 

Youve made yourself clear.  Move on.  Posting about death during a Pandemic is where you draw the line. Im ok with your view, why is it your not ok with others?

To answer your questions, 

I'd you want to inform, without spin, why don't you post the mortality rates of those vaccinated instead of unvaccinated? Instead of one anecdotal death with no background (other than being on Fox News) 

No, I'm not the gate keeper. But I'm also free to voice my opinion, until I'm told not to by those that run the site. 

I'm OK with other's views.  I don't care what medical choice a person makes. 

20 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

That fine, but how is that story any more relevant than any other non-vaccinated death? Because he was on Fox News?

I just would like to know what "Hill" @BricksBrotha@BricksBrotha thinks I'm on. Since he quoted me, I feel it's a fair question to ask.

I was being facetious, I think we all know the point he was trying to convey.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

I think we all know the point he was trying to convey.

Who is we? You and the m&m in your pocket?

The country had to listen about this guy’s choice’ for months on end.  People were using him as evidence, reason to not get vaccinated, held up on a pedestal even.  But for some reason we should ignore his death from Covid as a data point? 

16 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

To answer your questions, 

I'd you want to inform, without spin, why don't you post the mortality rates of those vaccinated instead of unvaccinated? Instead of one anecdotal death with no background (other than being on Fox News) 

No, I'm not the gate keeper. But I'm also free to voice my opinion, until I'm told not to by those that run the site. 

I'm OK with other's views.  I don't care what medical choice a person makes. 

People have a right to know he died after being intubated from Covid complications.  And the mortality rate research is readily available for you from multiple outlets.  You just need to look. 

Edited by BricksBrotha
Typo

4 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

The country had to listen about this guy’s choice’ for months on end. 

People have a right to know he died after being intubated from Covid complications.  And the mortality rate research is readily available for you from multiple outlets.  You just need to look. 

I'm not sure anyone "had to listen" if they didn't want to. I had no idea his stance, who he was, or that it was even a thing. It apparently bothered you much more than it bothered me. 

As far as having a right to know, that's strange. We have a right to free speech, a right to unlawful search and seizure, rights to lots of things. I have just never heard of "right to know someone died after being intubated from Covid complications".

Again, I know the data very well. I don't need to look it up. 

But, anything other than data, certainly has a spin to it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BricksBrotha said:

Who is we? You and the m&m in your pocket?

The country had to listen about this guy’s choice’ for months on end.  People were using him as evidence, reason to not get vaccinated, held up on a pedestal even.  But for some reason we should ignore his death from Covid as a data point? 

I like the original version better, where you also use the colloquial version of "we" right after chastising me for using it.

I never heard of this guy before you posted so I have no idea the context of the "news" reports.  If the story focused on him for not getting vaccinated that's one point of view, but if it was because he stood up against his employer for making him do something he didn't want to and losing his job in the process, that's a different angle.  You seem to see it as the first point, which is why it is being inferred that you are dancing on his grave.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The dude died from covid after going on a national tour speaking out against something that potentally could have saved his life. So yes, anyone who he convinced to not get a vaccine deserves to know he died from Covid. You know, to make a fully informed decision.  You two can keep arguing if youd like. Im just here to report.

https://doh.wa.gov/sites/default/files/2022-02/421-010-CasesInNotFullyVaccinated.pdf

image.png.d4dc08222b8669a5dac9dd0077853f3c.png

image.thumb.png.fd750f356b643c817d19a432650f833f.png

3 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

Is Omicron killing people, or is it still the Delta variety that's causing issues? 

Omicron. Milder and less lethal for most, but far more infectious than Delta.  Older, immune compromised and unvaccinated are at high risk for severe disease. More pediatric covid hospitalizations for Omicron than with Delta because more folks getting sick with it.  https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/omicron-has-caused-higher-increase-in-u-s-daily-death-count-than-delta-variant

• Like 2

During October–November(2021), unvaccinated persons had 53.2 times the risks for COVID-19–associated death compared with fully vaccinated persons who received booster doses.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7104e2.htm#:~:text=During October–November%2C unvaccinated persons,vaccinated persons without booster doses.

hmmmmmmmm...

46 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

data is physically being collected as we speak and this guy is over here demanding answers!!!  

DEMANDING!!!!!!!!!!

I just know (anecdotally) that of the people I know who have passed away from Covid in the last six months, it's all been Delta. Of the people I know with confirmed Omicron, it's been bad flu-like syptoms for those unvaccinated and sniffles for those that have been. Omicron doesn't affect the lungs as much, or at least what I've read. I was wondering if it was the case nationwide.

It makes sense there are more fatalities nationwide but a much smaller fatality rate.

Edited by iahawks550
  • Like 1

Dumb maybe to you.  I think its still valuable discourse. 

I get it, we are two years into this. Most want it to go away and forget it even happened. 

I too am sick of what life has become, but not enough to change what I have done from the very get go.  There is also high probability of another pandemic in our lifetime.  Might as well learn as much as we can while its here.  Or not

2 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

The dude died from covid after going on a national tour speaking out against something that potentally could have saved his life. So yes, anyone who he convinced to not get a vaccine deserves to know he died from Covid. You know, to make a fully informed decision.  You two can keep arguing if youd like. Im just here to report.

https://doh.wa.gov/sites/default/files/2022-02/421-010-CasesInNotFullyVaccinated.pdf

image.png.d4dc08222b8669a5dac9dd0077853f3c.png

image.thumb.png.fd750f356b643c817d19a432650f833f.png

Most recent data set for the US.  97.4x more likely to die from a confirmed Covid illness.

Covid US.png

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

Most recent data set for the US.  97.4x more likely to die from a confirmed Covid illness.

Covid US.png

With no context for your data, it appears it's a one week glimpse into stats? The stats from the CDC website seem to have different data. I'm not arguing it's more effective, I've just not sure I've ever seen 97.4 x more effective.

44 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

With no context for your data, it appears it's a one week glimpse into stats? The stats from the CDC website seem to have different data. I'm not arguing it's more effective, I've just not sure I've ever seen 97.4 x more effective.

Yes.  One week's worth of data;  the latest data set they have.  Here's the previous few weeks to give more context.  Numbers are death rate calculated by deaths of unvaccinated divided by unvaccinated population vs deaths of vaccinated divided by vaccinated population.  Both per 100,000 people.  

11/27:  8.13 vs .15 (54x)

11/20:  8.91 vs .10 (89x)  

11/13:  7.95 vs .07 (113x)

11/6:  7.25 vs .15 (48.3)

10/30:  6.81 vs .13 (52x)

These aren't outliers.  Every week is like this.  The numbers are glaring.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

Yes.  One week's worth of data;  the latest data set they have.  Here's the previous few weeks to give more context.  Numbers are death rate calculated by deaths of unvaccinated divided by unvaccinated population vs deaths of vaccinated divided by vaccinated population.  Both per 100,000 people.  

11/27:  8.13 vs .15 (54x)

11/20:  8.91 vs .10 (89x)  

11/13:  7.95 vs .07 (113x)

11/6:  7.25 vs .15 (48.3)

10/30:  6.81 vs .13 (52x)

These aren't outliers.  Every week is like this.  The numbers are glaring.

To put this in perspective a bit, over those 5 weeks, on average, for every 5 million vaccinated and unvaccinated people, 6 vaccinated will die and 390 unvaccinated will die.