Jurassic World 2015

Spacewalker95

Take a look at amazon at the moment.  5 of the 6 sets are already sold out and in the reseller zone. That will give you an idea, of where this line is in terms of popularity.  I can't recall any other line doing this only 2 months out of the gate over the past 3 to 4 years..  I think they vastly underestimated how popular this line was going to be. 

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=lego+jurassic+world&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Alego+jurassic+world

75920 is an important set in order to complete all 4 raptors (Blue, Charlie, Delta, Echo). If Lego don't produce more, this set should do very well. But then given how well this series is doing, I don't see why TLG will not produce more, unless their capacity is at the max as they pump inventory out for Sept/Oct for shipping in order to make it on shelves for the holiday season.

this in no CUSSO that they will stop production in 2 months and just do one run. they will definitely want to milk it as much as possible

• Like 1

This is a Walmart exclusive (sort of an oxymoron).

Why would LEGO Shop at Home have this set as SOLD OUT and un-orderable with the two sets next to it listed as OUT OF STOCK SHIPPING in 30 days if this set wasn't kaput?   But its available everywhere else in the world so probably not going away... but then again, logic and rational thought processes do not seem to underlie much of TLG's behavior.  Maybe JW is way more popular than anticipated and they blew through their supply and with upcoming production schedule this 1 set is just not going to come back - especially because  the only retail buyer is Walmart and this set just hasn't been selling like.... hotcakes.  It's also at a crappy pricepoint. $39.99 - cheapos won't buy it.  people looking for a more substantial set will pass it over for 75917 - 75919.

Either way I have 10 waiting for me to pickup at a 2 nearby walmarts just in case.

Like the Series 5 Mixels that showed sold out two weeks ago and then came back in stock, I think it's just their website doing weird things again. Plus, why would they stop down on production on just this one set? It's been selling well at their stores and Walmart is only the number one retailer in the world. I think they can move enough units to make it worth Lego's time and effort. It might take a month or two but I'm sure it'll be back.

Like the Series 5 Mixels that showed sold out two weeks ago and then came back in stock, I think it's just their website doing weird things again. Plus, why would they stop down on production on just this one set? It's been selling well at their stores and Walmart is only the number one retailer in the world. I think they can move enough units to make it worth Lego's time and effort. It might take a month or two but I'm sure it'll be back.

Or... it is the "zombies" of the Jurassic World Theme and everybody missed it.

• Like 2

Or... it is the "zombies" of the Jurassic World Theme and everybody missed it.

I'm a fan of limited release sets, or vehicles or figures.  It's what ultimately drives a collectors market.  Hopefully it is a limited release set.  It's not like there isn't another raptors set out there, or another set with an enclosure. 

Sounds like it's time to go sack some walmarts.

• Like 1

I'm a fan of limited release sets, or vehicles or figures.  It's what ultimately drives a collectors market.  Hopefully it is a limited release set.  It's not like there isn't another raptors set out there, or another set with an enclosure. 

Sounds like it's time to go sack some walmarts.

It was just an assumption... I dunno anything for a fact. But you'll never know. 

It was just an assumption... I dunno anything for a fact. But you'll never know. 

This game is all about speculation, right?

I know this might sound blasphemous, but I also feel this line could be a stronger investment than Star Wars..  everyone of these sets seem to be flying off the shelves, and not exactly by resellers buying them either, but by actual kids and consumers.  That to me says it's got legs.  Many of the Star Wars sets coming out are just variations of previous ships and are basically remakes.   These JW sets were released around the same time as the 5 sets in this years summer Star Wars wave, and Jurassic World is by far the winner right now.

Yes, it partially is about speculation. I was very pleased how the 2012 Dino sets performed.

Desperate parents looking for Xmas gifts for little Johnny is like music in the ears of the fierceless reseller.

I sold an Ocean Interceptor the other day for nearly 4 times what I paid for it two years ago. I was kinda surprised it sold since there's a very similar JW set available for far less than that.

Looks like I'll have to get a couple of JW sets now as well. I was thinking of stocking up on T.Rexes but it looks like the Raptors are the way to go.

Edited by BearCrash
  • Like 1

Just my $.02,

With how well this Raptor Escape is selling I doubt it is done. However, I wonder if it stays OOS longer than normal at Shop at Home. Walmart is a big dog, and Lego will want to keep them happy with their exclusive.  I would be guessing Walmart is where most stock will go to continuously (at least for a while). This leaves Shop at Home empty for a little longer than normal. I could be wrong, feel free to argue a counter point...

• Like 1

I paid little attention to this line until seeing the movie last Saturday. By Sunday I had purchased the Indominus Rex, Dilophosaurus and Raptor Rampage sets to get the four main characters and I think that I'll be stocking up on a few more of these three.

One of our largest department stores here in Australia has been having a 20% off LEGO sale for the last three weeks or so and all Jurassic World stuff is gone apart from the T-Rex set, so this might be the least loved. 

• Like 1

Managed to find a couple Raptor Escapes at my local Lego stores (just in case). They were selling out pretty much everywhere, i put them on hold just a precaution, but luckily i did as by the time i got there everything on the floor had sold out in all 3 stores.

No Walmart's in my area have any JW sets, hell they don't even have the shelf spots for them (in Canada), its very strange... Given that I've never seen them in Walmart's in this area; i wanted to make sure i had some.

However all 3 of the LEGO stores in my area claim this set is still on their delivery lists for the next few weeks and they are just as confused with the "Sold Out" status as i was.