Jurassic World 2015

Spacewalker95

The last hobbit wave seemed to also have a short production run and release, and it contained Smaug.  Im guessing making these larger figures do factor in these production runs being less than normal.  But unlike the hobbit line, Jurassic World is vastly popular with the kids, which I think was underestimated by retailers, and lego, and hence it overwhelmed the series in a short time.  Although, the molds for most of these dinos have already been done before.  The Gallimimus, Raptor, Trex, and Pterandon were done before in the same mold.  Only the Dilophosaurus and IR were new molds..  Like I said earlier most of the pieces in these sets are extremely common and seem to be in 20 other sets.  Only the minifies and dino's had some uniqueness to them.  So it has to be based on the production capabilities of the dino's.

How long should they take to go? 

Based on sales in the last 24 hours and without further restock, 75917 should last about a month and 75920 about 2 weeks. But that's a small sample and therefore a very rough estimate.

Edited by Wildemar

To add more conspiracy to this thread...

In talking with a Walmart Toy Dept Mgr today, they stated that Indominus Rex and Raptor Escape will not be back in stores and that they considered JW to be seasonal. The Raptor Escape is sold out (so no clearance) and the Indominus Rex was pricy - hence the drop to $99 in price, and wanted the shelf space. Those two sets are completely gone in my area and will not be replaced they said. Not sure about the other sets.

Maybe it is not done as a series, but will only be available online as restocks happen at Walmart website or Shop at Home.

Disclosure: Just passing on what was discussed, not sure how accurate, take it or leave it. :derisive:

Edited by Kevink24

I think the supply has also cratered in the states too.  There are solid signs of this being the case. Online at Amazon, Walmart, and Target a majority of the sets are gone (and gone from stores too)…  In my local area, Trex tracker was showing a restock date a week ago of July 20th at walmart.  Now that has been pulled and it no longer shows a restock date on any of them.    Usually you can reserve sets when they are due in, but now these sit at "get in stock alerts" and you can't reserve any of them.  That to me says these are out of stock at the suppliers too and they aren't getting them back in.  These sets went as fast as they got them in too, considering these were released on May 1st.  

I was somewhat fortunate in that I kept track of the stock in my area over the last 3 weeks, and was able to land quite a few Trex trackers, Raptor Escapes, and IR sets.  What happens next, I'm not sure, but none of the major retails seem to be getting any back in anytime soon.  It could very well be that ramping up for Star Wars is lego's main focus, and JW will come later.  But, i'm starting to have doubts on that too.  Considering Jurassic World was the fastest movie to the 600 million mark, I think both retailers, and lego completely underestimated what was about to occur with this film. I kind of feel good that I left 2 DS's sitting in the cart on sunday night, especially after I just spent a weekend acquiring JW sets.  In the end I might not lose either way.

Indominous, raptor rampage, and the 2 smaller sets were all available for msrp at Amazon about an hour ago. I'm at my weekly limit on them. T rex seems to be the rare one outside of raptor escape. I did get 2 orders of 5 each raptor escapes from walmart.com about 10 days ago, but they have been shipping them one at a time and sending order delays on the rest.

I just did a pretty substantial online search of inventory over a large range of the midatlantic.  Seems that Dilophosaurus, Raptor Rampage and the Pterandon set will be getting a restock at quite a few WM's on July 30th.  For some reason B&N's tracker is not working and they changed it recently.  But, I ran through this last week when it was operational, and it was thin at that point, and that was over a 200 mile radius. TRU is showing some decent stock levels (sporadic though), but they are obviously above retail, but if you use TRUTH magic, there's a chance to land some good ones still. 

IR, Rexie, and Raptor Escape are showing no signs of restocks in the next few weeks, at least at WM.

• Like 1

I just did a pretty substantial online search of inventory over a large range of the midatlantic.  Seems that Dilophosaurus, Raptor Rampage and the Pterandon set will be getting a restock at quite a few WM's on July 30th.  For some reason B&N's tracker is not working and they changed it recently.  But, I ran through this last week when it was operational, and it was thin at that point, and that was over a 200 mile radius. TRU is showing some decent stock levels (sporadic though), but they are obviously above retail, but if you use TRUTH magic, there's a chance to land some good ones still. 

IR, Rexie, and Raptor Escape are showing no signs of restocks in the next few weeks, at least at WM.

Regardless, this will be interesting to see how it develops over the next few weeks.

• Like 1

Anyone thinks 75915/16 have the potential for the most gains as they are not massively hoarded compare to the rest?

I don't think any of them are massively hoarded.  One current glance at amazon shows that there aren't many RE's (33) in the hands of resellers.  IR (28 offers) and rexie (28) fit the same boat as not very hoarded.  Keep your stash.  

Does anybody think that Lego paid 5 million dollars or more for the JW License and retire the sets in a few months,  even the Lone Ranger sets were out for about 8 months. and that 5 million is most likely on the light side, for these sets not being around for Christmas will be a shock to me and many others.    Ed

• Like 5

Lone Ranger was around because it sucked and nobody bought them. I think they produced enough to last till Christmas but it exploded and they sold through there stock faster and add in Most hyped movie ever coming and we have a perfect storm.  I hope

Lone Ranger was around because it sucked and nobody bought them. I think they produced enough to last till Christmas but it exploded and they sold through there stock faster and add in Most hyped movie ever coming and we have a perfect storm.  I hope

Add the big box stores are not restocking them... at least that's what we've been told so far as reported by others in Australia, Canada and USA. However, that doesn't mean Lego stores or LEGO Shop at Home will stop selling them. 

So if reports are true and Lego don't stop, then Lego maybe the only source to get these sets. This development will be very interesting to watch

Edited by tacsniper

If this comes back in stock everywhere and you are stuck with a huge pile that is outside the return window, contact me ... I want 1 of each. I skipped buying them on Amazon today when they were in stock because I could only get 4/6 and I really only want all 6 or none. The poly bag(s) would be cool too.