Jurassic World 2015

Spacewalker95

Takes a little longer for people to realize its hard to find. It has jumped $9 on amazon the last 48 hours which has also corresponded it to sell much faster in ebay in the low 60s the past few days. Think if none are found or restocked this week you will see larger jumps on both sites

• Like 1

In theory, let's say these dont come back and we dont see Jurassic World in lego form until the next movie, 2 to 3 years from now - I think these sets will go through the roof, and this line will be that line everyone wished they invested in, but many had as an afterthought for next year.   I have a feeling it's about to get very interesting.  There's very little left in my area, and what's on the shelves have had the boxes ripped open.   I can easily see both raptor sets, trex, and IR hitting 4x, because not many have these stocked.

There's very little left in my area, and what's on the shelves have had the boxes ripped open.   I can easily see both raptor sets, trex, and IR hitting 4x, because not many have these stocked.

it's not called Indominous Rex Breakout for nothing. As to your other point agreed but not sure why Lego would pay for a liscense and not milk it dry. I doubt it is because they underestimated demand. I had to scramble to get 5 complete sets of these including the poly. 

it's not called Indominous Rex Breakout for nothing. As to your other point agreed but not sure why Lego would pay for a liscense and not milk it dry. I doubt it is because they underestimated demand. I had to scramble to get 5 complete sets of these including the poly. 

would assume the poly was the hardest to complete as they probably sent you mixels or another bulk variety item as they like to call it

• Like 1

This theme hasn't went full circle until it hits KMart's shelves.

The IR maxifig already sold for around 80.00 on ebay.  I think this is going to give Smaug a big run for his money, and perhaps well surpass him.  If this set gets scarce in another month or so, it's going to be a fairly lucrative maxifigure.  When you look at the sets themselves, the vehicles are nothing that special.  There are very few interesting or unique pieces, and I don't think any that my son has personally built has anything vastly unique to them.  So, most of the parts are fairly generic, but the Indomonous is definitely unique and I think the only new mold out of the bunch. .  I'm guessing this will prove to lego and WB that these sets are highly popular, and im sure the next round for the next film they'll be much more prepared for a major launch.  We all bagged on these when we saw them, and not many thought they were going to be popular or great.  Turns out all the kids wanted them....

Even in face of these "official" retailers' posts and the momentary non-availability, it is very hard to believe the theme is really done already. I mean, what kind of deal should that be, that LEGO and the movie studio agreed upon? Did TLG say "Hi there, you dumb-ass movie studio guys, here comes our randomly made-up plan: We'll give this totally unpromising theme a grand 3 (*cough*) months of shelf live, then retire it out of nowhere for no reason and you can go f*** yourselves! End of discussion. Agreed?". What strategy was applied there, that includes retiring it now, even while the film is still running in cinemas? Why did they pick up the license at all?! As others have stated, even the Lone Ranger theme stayed significantly longer, while no marketing guy could seriously have been thinking that this movie could have more potential LEGO-wise than Jurassic World. I don't get it. Seems totally off. TLG would have been doing the worst kind of market research ever if THIS was really their plan. Would be kind of the weirdest desision ever, that is why I just don't buy it - also because it is not their own theme and there is a contract with a third party involved. IF it was their own IP, anything might happen. But it is not, so I don't believe in the EOL rumors.

After all, IF EOL is really upon JW, as an investor you can at least take comfort in the fact that even if you did a comprehensive analysis on whether (and when) to invest in these sets, there was no chance to foresee this. As I just said: third-party license, two more movies coming, only 3 months on the shelves, great popularity of the movie, great popularity of dinosaurs, big money maker - no one would have ever guessed that this could exit early. And I still don't.

Maybe they "pause" the theme now and do a second run when JW hits Home Cinema. That's about the only "EOL-like" scenario I can think of...

All this is of course personal opinion.

You can prolly gauge/compare JWs success to the previous DINO series. After EOL those are the prices these sets will end up at. I wouldn't expect much more. Like with all sets in vesting, it matters most on what your buy in is to maximize your profits.

Even in face of these "official" retailers' posts and the momentary non-availability, it is very hard to believe the theme is really done already. I mean, what kind of deal should that be, that LEGO and the movie studio agreed upon? Did TLG say "Hi there, you dumb-ass movie studio guys, here comes our randomly made-up plan: We'll give this totally unpromising theme a grand 3 (*cough*) months of shelf live, then retire it out of nowhere for no reason and you can go f*** yourselves! End of discussion. Agreed?". What strategy was applied there, that includes retiring it now, even while the film is still running in cinemas? Why did they pick up the license at all?! As others have stated, even the Lone Ranger theme stayed significantly longer, while no marketing guy could seriously have been thinking that this movie could have more potential LEGO-wise than Jurassic World. I don't get it. Seems totally off. TLG would have been doing the worst kind of market research ever if THIS was really their plan. Would be kind of the weirdest desision ever, that is why I just don't buy it - also because it is not their own theme and there is a contract with a third party involved. IF it was their own IP, anything might happen. But it is not, so I don't believe in the EOL rumors.

After all, IF EOL is really upon JW, as an investor you can at least take comfort in the fact that even if you did a comprehensive analysis on whether (and when) to invest in these sets, there was no chance to foresee this. As I just said: third-party license, two more movies coming, only 3 months on the shelves, great popularity of the movie, great popularity of dinosaurs, big money maker - no one would have ever guessed that this could exit early. And I still don't.

Maybe they "pause" the theme now and do a second run when JW hits Home Cinema. That's about the only "EOL-like" scenario I can think of...

All this is of course personal opinion.

I have no idea if JW is retiring, but people should not make assumptions that a theme or set has to run from movie to movie or to Holidays even. As we already saw, the Haunted House never made it to Halloween and R2-D2 didn't make it the new STAR WARS movie. Rumors have it that the new JW movies have hybrid human-dinosaurs in it, so these current sets have no bearing on that movie. As we have seen with other sets that have short runs, there could be production problems. Maybe there is a problem producing the dinosaur maxifigures. Maybe it is too costly. Maybe that's why there are only 6 real sets and a few polynags. The JW theme can come back strong and sell for another year, but I can also see a theme finished early because LEGO underestimated demand, yet figures it is too costly to have another production run.

I have no idea if JW is retiring, but people should not make assumptions that a theme or set has to run from movie to movie or to Holidays even. As we already saw, the Haunted House never made it to Halloween and R2-D2 didn't make it the new STAR WARS movie. Rumors have it that the new JW movies have hybrid human-dinosaurs in it, so these current sets have no bearing on that movie. As we have seen with other sets that have short runs, there could be production problems. Maybe there is a problem producing the dinosaur maxifigures. Maybe it is too costly. Maybe that's why there are only 6 real sets and a few polynags. The JW theme can come back strong and sell for another year, but I can also see a theme finished early because LEGO underestimated demand, yet figures it is too costly to have another production run.

While I hate the fact that you can never be 100% sure about anything concerning a specific LEGO set no matter how many times you think and do research about it, I am also kind of thankful for that because this way the whole investing hobby stays interesting over time. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose - but anyhow, as long as you make the effort, you always make a profit...

While I hate the fact that you can never be 100% sure about anything concerning a specific LEGO set no matter how many times you think and do research about it, I am also kind of thankful for that because this way the whole investing hobby stays interesting over time. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose - but anyhow, as long as you make the effort, you always make a profit...

Actually the uncertainty is a good thing! It should not be too easy.

In all seriousness... even buying these JW-sets at RRP and it not retiring now will make you money in the long run. Dinosaurs are popular!  

• Like 1