Jurassic World 2015

Spacewalker95

​full disclosure after I thought of the quote and I did I went to google to make sure he is the one that said it.

Is this it it is a great one - 

Yeah, but, John, if The Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists.

Hahaha he had alotta great one liners in that movie and yeah you hit the needle on the head that one was my favorite with the " life uh finds a way" quote being in close second 

There is no way the movie will flop, They are say about a hundred million opening weekend, thats US only, the key question is how long do they have the License for, hopefully it will be until at least the end of 2016, as I will be getting a large amount of the $129.00 set. As I said many times the Lone ranger License was only for about 8 months, had nothing to do with the movie flopping. I already seen a special screening of it Thursday night and if you can be sure to see it in IMAX 3D. The Movie was great.   Ed

The Dino Theme was for about one year

There is no way the movie will flop, They are say about a hundred million opening weekend, thats US only, the key question is how long do they have the License for, hopefully it will be until at least the end of 2016, as I will be getting a large amount of the $129.00 set. As I said many times the Lone ranger License was only for about 8 months, had nothing to do with the movie flopping. I already seen a special screening of it Thursday night and if you can be sure to see it in IMAX 3D. The Movie was great.   Ed

True, it won't financially flop.  I was referring to more being a critical flop. Financial success but sorta horrible / tough to watch which would remove demand for commerical related productions.  Movies like Batman Forever, Man Of Steel, THe Phantom Menace, etc...

• Like 1

True, it won't financially flop.  I was referring to more being a critical flop. Financial success but sorta horrible / tough to watch which would remove demand for commerical related productions.  Movies like Batman Forever, Man Of Steel, THe Phantom Menace, etc...

From early reports, it's another reboot that will be forgotten fairly quickly. That's the problem with these summer blockbusters. All action films, naff story etc. it will make millions because everyone loved the first film, but look at the sequels, two films which should never have been made. Hollywood milks it's cash cows to death, leaves it a decayed or two then reboots. 

I still think the failed Dino line were far better sets for the money.

just wait till your all after the Darth Mickey sets come this Christmas.

Stomping

I never watched Jurrasic Park 3 or the Lost World until this week, and I must say I liked both of them.  I don't get why the hate for those two films.  It's not like they are horrendously bad, or on par with something like Battlefield Earth.  They are good quality entertainment.  Personally, I think this film will do well, and be a moderate success.  I don't mind reboots if they are well done, and this new film looks like it will be quite entertaining, although follow the same sort of plot as the first one.

The DINO theme was and is one the better under the radar themes in the LEGO Universe.  The seven newer Jurassic World sets are pretty similar to the seven DINO sets from a few years back, with a slight edge to the DINO theme in my opinion.  Dinosaurs are popular in any type of merchandise and LEGO is no different.  I look for these Jurassic World sets to perform well, but maybe slightly below the levels of the DINO theme.

I think it's becoming more and more evident that this is a vastly popular line, well exceeding the likes of the hobbit, and even the Lone Ranger..  Already 3 of the 6 sets are out of stock at lego.com.  My wife, and I did some errands this weekend, and we stopped in a few stores, and the only sets to be found were a few of the cheaper sets.  I think the 2 raptor sets, trex, and IR sets are hot items...  the Trex set especially is starting to resemble the hulk buster smash set in popularity.  It might be found in the stores, but it's tough to find, and they don't last long on the shelves.

I saw the film today, and admit I liked it.  After seeing it, I think i'm definitely purchasing a few of these sets for investments.

I saw it tonight with my family and we all liked it as well. Quite a few nods to the original. I wish I would have got a bit more into this theme before the movie hit, it should do really well. My 8 year old was reciting the names of all the dinosaurs, especially the raptors' individual names, in the car on the way home. I'm counting the hours until he asks for one of those sets.

The movie is pulling in an absolute fortune at the worldwide box office, passing half a billion already.
I am hearing rumours that there will be a short production run for this theme like the previous Dino license... has anyone else heard this? I can't imagine there being any official confirmation obviously. 

Jurassic World just set the record for highest grossing opening weekend of all time (Worldwide), and is 2nd Domestically only to the Avengers. Wow. 1/2 Billion $$$ in 1 weekend. Might want to rethink investing in this theme after all, look at the massive exposure. Haven`t seen it yet, but will likely go sometime this week. 

The movie was very good.  Fury Road was in my opinion, the summer blockbuster of the year, but this one was really good too.  I think investment-wise it has potential.  I also think they need to seriously consider a wave 2.  A petting zoo, a humvee bus, and a monorail set with more dinos.

• Like 1

Jurassic World just set the record for highest grossing opening weekend of all time (Worldwide), and is 2nd Domestically only to the Avengers. Wow. 1/2 Billion $$$ in 1 weekend. Might want to rethink investing in this theme after all, look at the massive exposure. Haven`t seen it yet, but will likely go sometime this week. 

I'm hoping the movies success pushes LEGO to make another wave, I can't get enough of these sets! 

After seeing the movie 75917 raptor rampage became a lot more important to me as a collector since owen, claire, and dinos were major.  I only say this since this set seemed to get little discussion and i wasnt wowed by it, but now seems like a very important set and a lot cooler after seeing movie.  

• Like 2

After seeing the movie 75917 raptor rampage became a lot more important to me as a collector since owen, claire, and dinos were major.  I only say this since this set seemed to get little discussion and i wasnt wowed by it, but now seems like a very important set and a lot cooler after seeing movie.  

​If you look at the sets, I don't think I recall a Trex tracker in it.  I don't think the Dilophosaurus made an appearance other than being mentioned in the Jimmy Falon piece.  So, really only 4 of the 6 sets were even remotely based on the movie. I wish they would have made an apatosaurus, at least.  

​If you look at the sets, I don't think I recall a Trex tracker in it.  I don't think the Dilophosaurus made an appearance other than being mentioned in the Jimmy Falon piece.  So, really only 4 of the 6 sets were even remotely based on the movie. I wish they would have made an apatosaurus, at 

I dont recall the tracker either in the movie unless it was just quick background fodder.  Weird with it being the second biggest set but not really in the movie.   I would have loved to get the old school jurassic park jeep with the diloposaurus set.