Jurassic World 2015

Spacewalker95

​Sorry, my bad. I though it was 75917, which also has 2 raptors...

Seems like 75029 is a relatively rare JP set. I can't find it at Walmart.com either.  Maybe in store only...

It's cool I can see how they would get mixed up since they both have 2 exclusive minifigs and 2 exclusive raptors. I would definitely put all of my chips on this set, the $30 jeep set, and the idominous rex set 

Edited by California92563

London Drugs came out with their new toy flyer today and looks like almost all of the new Jurassic World sets are on sale. Not much of a discount but still beats paying full price. They also have some Mine craft, friends and frozen set advertised, I think also a few bucks off.

It won't hurt. Dino themes are quite solid performers to begin with.

I think Dino growth will slow down but both lines def do complement each other.  ...and honesty, I prefer (by a lot) Dino to JW after building some of both themes. I don't think I'm alone here so Dino should maintain some annual growth.  Heck, I nor my son wouldn't mind slapping some jurassic world / park logo on the Dino sets :) 

Does anyone know in the past on these movie sets if they are discounted with the release of the movie to get more interest?

I can not remember in the past on the Hobbit, Lone Ranger, and such.  I don't think there was much with the Avengers stuff,

I just want to mention that my 7-year old son is bonkers for these Jurassic World sets.  He keeps talking about them and was drooling over the display at the LEGO Store today.  I can't get him to finish watching the original "Jurassic Park" because it's too scary, but he still loves these sets.  He keeps talking about the game too and has his heart set on playing it.  Dinosaur-mania may be back...

Edited by exciter1

Initially i said the price per piece was way off and wont pull the trigger on any of these but after my son snookered me into buying the t rex tracker set we somehow own every set now.  I dont know how the heck that happened??  Cant wait for the movie now and see how we will go nuts whenever we see the lego set in the movie.

I just want to mention that my 7-year old son is bonkers for these Jurassic World sets.  He keeps talking about them and was drooling over the display at the LEGO Store today.  I can't get him to finish watching the original "Jurassic Park" because it's too scary, but he still loves these sets.  He keeps talking about the game too and has his heart set on playing it.  Dinosaur-mania may be back...

​I can confirm this.  I have yet to try and get him to watch Jurassic Park, but I imagine results similar to yours.  I'm considering the Indominus Rex set for a Christmas flip.

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat.  I wasn't a huge fan at first, but my son plays with the 2 cheapest sets quite a bit.   So, I ended up taking advantage of the lego.com 2xvip offer on the trex and raptor sets so he can have them for his birthday which is on the horizon.  

As for an investment, I'm starting to think more and more these might pan out as a moderately good investment.  The movie doesn't look bad, and I wouldn't doubt the trex or indominous rex sets have some good value.  For some reason they seem to be hard to come by in the stores, especially the trex set.

Initially i said the price per piece was way off and wont pull the trigger on any of these but after my son snookered me into buying the t rex tracker set we somehow own every set now.  I dont know how the heck that happened??  Cant wait for the movie now and see how we will go nuts whenever we see the lego set in the movie.

The price per weight is OK considering it's licensed theme and some elements are unusual (not common). 

My son and I recently built all but one Dino set from 2012.  He pretends it's Jurassic World while I pretend it's Jurassic Park.  We do one the smallish JWHelicopter set.  I just wish both JW playsets were larger.

I'm in the same boat.  I wasn't a huge fan at first, but my son plays with the 2 cheapest sets quite a bit.   So, I ended up taking advantage of the lego.com 2xvip offer on the trex and raptor sets so he can have them for his birthday which is on the horizon.  

As for an investment, I'm starting to think more and more these might pan out as a moderately good investment.  The movie doesn't look bad, and I wouldn't doubt the trex or indominous rex sets have some good value.  For some reason they seem to be hard to come by in the stores, especially the trex set.

Agreed. The sets should do at least as well as Dino if the movie doesn't flop.

There is no way the movie will flop, They are say about a hundred million opening weekend, thats US only, the key question is how long do they have the License for, hopefully it will be until at least the end of 2016, as I will be getting a large amount of the $129.00 set. As I said many times the Lone ranger License was only for about 8 months, had nothing to do with the movie flopping. I already seen a special screening of it Thursday night and if you can be sure to see it in IMAX 3D. The Movie was great.   Ed

• Like 3

John Hammond while he's talking to Malcolm at the beginning of the lost world: jurassic park 

​winner winner red five dinner

oh wait no one likes that set any more in the other thread

let me restate winner winner chicken dinner

oh wait I shouldn't say that either

winner winner lego flipper

yes that is it! 

congrats and I know you have integrity so I trust it was from memory.

I think Ian Malcom said something from capitalist to environmentalist about John Hammond right after that LOL

​winner winner red five dinner

oh wait no one likes that set any more in the other thread

let me restate winner winner chicken dinner

oh wait I shouldn't say that either

winner winner lego flipper

yes that is it! 

congrats and I know you have integrity so I trust it was from memory.

I think Ian Malcom said something from capitalist to environmentalist about John Hammond right after that LOL

Yeah he did lol, I actually rewatched all 3 of the movies last week while they were on tv and the lost world was my least favorite :( 

Btw trek I have a trivia question for you, Ian Malcolm says my favorite quote from the movies, can you guess what quote that is? 

​full disclosure after I thought of the quote and I did I went to google to make sure he is the one that said it.

Is this it it is a great one - 

Yeah, but, John, if The Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists.