Jurassic World 2015

Spacewalker95

I'm having difficulty believing JW might be gone as a theme. I just don't see it. People are holding up other examples of licensed themes ending quickly, but those were all failures. By all accounts JW is selling well and the film is a blockbuster.

IF JW is doing well, then i think it will keep its shelfspace and go well through Christmas.

Remember that Red Clearance stickers do NOT guarantee retirement. Walmart does this every single clearance season. Stuff hits clearance, we think it's gone, and boom it comes back at full price. The Millennium Falcon did this several times.

What do we know:

• No Retirement:
    • Lego Shop at home has the the whole theme available minus the Walmart Exclusive set. All the smaller sets available right now, and the larger sets are all orderable, with future delivery dates posted. 
    • New sets, & some new dino molds cost a bunch up front to produce. It's likely they'd want to get their money's worth off that up front investment
    • While Lego will need shelf space for Ep 7, why would that come at the cost of JW? Wouldn't it more likely come at the cost of old SW sets?
    • Is the theme out of stock because its popular or because its going away? Occam's razor answers this for me
  • For Retirement:
    • Someone posted an internal memo (?) from Target Australia saying JW is not to be restocked.....very serious evidence if true. But maybe only true for Australia?
    • Many folks have been told by shop clerks they don't plan on getting more in. (we have a whole thread where we laugh at these stories) :)

I know that Lego frequently does what's not obvious. (retiring R2 before EP7, HH before Halloween, put the SSD in the catalog with the set sold out completely), but I don't think they're retiring this theme this quickly. Just my opin.

That being said, the Raptor Escape is definitely the next zombies and i have 68 sets in cryo-stasis waiting to reap the riches.

• Like 1

Who knows... this theme's life could be extremely short or a new run is coming. However I still remember RI. Everybody thought it was done and it was a short life. Then it came back anyhow. It took a couple of weeks but it came back. 

Maybe Lego is smarter than we think. They tested the water with this theme and made a single run. Then they sat back and watched what happened. Theme is a failure? Ok... stop production and get to the next theme. Theme is a success? Plan a new production run to last till after Xmas. So no risks of having to organize a blow-out sale. No sets remaining on the shelfs. 

But what the F. do I know?

Who knows... this theme's life could be extremely short or a new run is coming. However I still remember RI. Everybody thought it was done and it was a short life. Then it came back anyhow. It took a couple of weeks but it came back.

Maybe Lego is smarter than we think. They tested the water with this theme and made a single run. Then they sat back and watched what happened. Theme is a failure? Ok... stop production and get to the next theme. Theme is a success? Plan a new production run to last till after Xmas. So no risks of having to organize a blow-out sale. No sets remaining on the shelfs.

But what the F. do I know?

Maybe TLG actively monitors BP and figured out it could save storage cost by having us store/hoard the sets for them.  Then they'll "leak" via a Target/Walmart/Etc manager memo that a flood of JW sets are coming, which will then prompt a wave of returns and stores will then be properly stocked for the holiday rush. 

• Like 2

Yeah, it gets noticed. The one thing you need to keep in mind is that because big box retailers like a Target or Wal-Mart sell a lot more than Lego, putting too many exceptions into policies is not worth it. The employee training, policy misses, angry customers... it's not worth it to them. They generate more in sales and customer confidence with generous return policies than they'll ever lose from pickers returning items. Target boasts that extra 30 days on the return policy for red card holders for a reason. If they load it with fine print, the customer won't view it as a perk, and just another reason these large corporations are trying to screw them over.

But since none of you are returning anything anyhow, you shouldn't need to worry about the return policy being affected.. right?

Of course not. So far, the only one admitting possible return was you. :drag: One return would not affect the policy. at. all. ;) ;);) 

as a new, small time investor I saw the prices on Amazon & flipped my only IR set last night for a $50 profit and was happy for it. Now to see just how much I will end up regretting that decision :)

You won't regret it...buy another at LEGO Shop at Home.  Get yourself a free polybag, some VIP points and $50 in your pocket.  Not a bad return...still have your set too.

• Like 1

What I learned is that walmart is redoing the entire toy section for the holiday in Aug.. it might be easier to start from scratch.  Target did the same with the batman steamroller set..earlier this year for no apparent reason.

It could be as simple as that.  I remember having the same confusion right after Christmas 2014 when stores were nearly emptied out, but Walmarts were clearancing AT-AT's at $49 each.  I thought, "Why?... are they really going to stop carrying these? The set's only a few months old..."  But then they were back a few months later.

It could be as simple as that.  I remember having the same confusion right after Christmas 2014 when stores were nearly emptied out, but Walmarts were clearancing AT-AT's at $49 each.  I thought, "Why?... are they really going to stop carrying these? The set's only a few months old..."  But then they were back a few months later.

They clearanced the Millennium Falcon more than once and brought it back a few times too.  These aren't exclusives though.

Did some scouting tonight. My local big box stores were completely wiped out except for one T Rex tracker at Walmart. For what it's worth my TRU has reclaimed the JW shelf space, so it doesn't look like they will be restocking any time soon. 

Found an IR, T Rex and Raptor Rampage at a small specialty shop which I bought for retail. Also found multiple boxes of each at another specialty store, but passed on the $20 over MSRP markup :/

Did some scouting tonight. My local big box stores were completely wiped out except for one T Rex tracker at Walmart. For what it's worth my TRU has reclaimed the JW shelf space, so it doesn't look like they will be restocking any time soon. 

Nothing to see here guys. This set cannot be retiring because Lego paid millions of license fee... shelf space gone? Don't worry, we aren't looking hard enough. The price tags are just hidden behind some other price tags. I heard every Walmart store is getting a pallet of each set starting this week. Every TRU is getting a trailer full for each set. Back to DS retirement party ;)

Edited by tacsniper
  • Like 1

Nothing to see here guys. This set cannot be retiring because Lego paid millions of license fee... shelf space gone? Don't worry, we aren't looking hard enough. The price tag is just hidden behind some other price tags. I heard every Walmart store is getting a pallet of each set starting this week. Every TRU is getting a trailer full for each set. Back to DS retirement party ;)

Nothing to see here guys. This set cannot be retiring because Lego paid millions of license fee... shelf space gone? Don't worry, we aren't looking hard enough. The price tag is just hidden behind some other price tags. I heard every Walmart store is getting a pallet of each set starting this week. Every TRU is getting a trailer full for each set. Back to DS retirement party ;)

Where did you hear that? 

Just snagged another IR at cost at Amazon. That makes 5.  There's 2 left.  Hop to it.

My total for JW sets as of today
IR: 45 
TR: 20
RR: 25
RE: 35
DA: 5
PC: 0

Polybag: 18

I need to start loading up on the lower end sets X_X

Edited by tacsniper
  • Like 1

Wow Tac..that's seriously riding the wave big time.  That's like rolling black and hitting it 3 times and then saying "just one more time"..let's roll with it!"  Respect.  WIth how popular this wave is, unless the market gets flooded, you should at least make your money back.

Wow Tac..that's seriously riding the wave big time.  That's like rolling black and hitting it 3 times and then saying "just one more time"..let's roll with it!"  Respect.  WIth how popular this wave is, unless the market gets flooded, you should at least make your money back.

At the buy in price + the power of the USD vs the CAD right now, I am not concern recovering my cost. Just exchange rate alone gives me 20% margin. Like many experience people have said, this theme will do well over time. I don't think I will have a hard time unloading these at a small profit from now till xmas. It will be a gamble if I want to sit on all of them to wait for them all to be sold out on LEGO Shop at Home tho.

I will be happy if I can make enough profit off these dinosaurs to cover the cost of the 7 DS that I bought.

Edited by tacsniper