Jurassic World 2015

Spacewalker95

A Walmart employee checked to see if there were any T-Rex sets in the back. Said there was none, and none in the warehouse to go to his store. 

He looked at 12 neighboring stores and found two on the shelves. I went an bought them. 

Regardless if this series is done, demand has been so great it's a can't miss buy. It's just a matter of time. 

it (JE 75920) finally is - just broke the $65 BIN Free Shipping barrier.  Next stop $75.  easily $100 with nice customer feedback because they are soooo  happy you sold them one by xmas if it really is done.

I think it will be much higher than a hundred by the time late november rolls around if no restock occurs.  I can see this approaching 150 in very little time.   The Indomonous Rex set is in my opinion, the set that will be the rarest.  No way was that set produced in greater numbers than 75920, and I suspect it will be the most lucrative of the bunch.  I could see that hitting 300 very quickly.  Im guessing if we see it go like rexie, where it's constantly moving at lego s&h to "out of stock, will ship in 30 days" then pops to "will ship in x number of days 2 weeks from now" then back again to OOS 30 days, it will see a big jump, because rexie has not reappeared on Lego S&H since the 2xvip period when that set was available.   
Obviously during that period, they must have been swamped with sales, because it was gone within a week once that sale started, and hasn't really bounced back since.  I think it came back once in mid june and lasted for only a few days.  So, IMO, if this line is truly going extinct, then IR > Gillimimus > TRex > Raptor Escape > Raptor Rampage > Dilophosaurus > Pterandon  in CAGR value.  All these sets will provide a nice return and make the list of "sets everyone wish they bought more of".  

Edited by fossilrock

So, IMO, if this line is truly going extinct, then IR > Gillimimus > TRex > Raptor Escape > Raptor Rampage > Dilophosaurus > Pterandon  in CAGR value.  All these sets will provide a nice return and make the list of "sets everyone wish they bought more of".  

They have to produced more IR than RE because RE is a WalMart exclusive while IR is available worldwide. Now the question is when this theme soars, which one will the grand/parents buy to the child... the $100 RE, $200 TR or the $300 IR?

Edited by tacsniper
  • Like 2

They have to produced more IR than RE because RE is a WalMart exclusive while IR is available worldwide. Now the question is when this theme soars, which one will the grand/parents buy to the child... the $100 RE, $200 TR or the $300 IR?

From what I saw, most Walmarts usually got in 3 to 4 cases of RE's, (anywhere from 12 to 16) during the 3 month period.  I know my local walmart down the road stocked them twice, at 2 cases each.  While I only saw 2 IR per walmart since their release.  I know I saw IR at a B&N but that was back in may, and haven't seen one there since.  I can't recall seeing them in any target, other than online.  I might be wrong on that but that's from a couple trips there and checking through the stock trackers.  I have no idea how many were on Amazon or at TRU..  But, I do think that if this wave is limited, that IR would still be less than RE just be the distribution ratio.  There's just way to many walmarts in this world.  They outnumber any other retailer like TRU and Target combined.  Amazon's stock of IR didn't seem to last very long.

From what I saw, most Walmarts usually got in 3 to 4 cases of RE's, (anywhere from 12 to 16) during the 3 month period.  I know my local walmart down the road stocked them twice, at 2 cases each.  While I only saw 2 IR per walmart since their release.  I know I saw IR at a B&N but that was back in may, and haven't seen one there since.  I can't recall seeing them in any target, other than online.  I might be wrong on that but that's from a couple trips there and checking through the stock trackers.  I have no idea how many were on Amazon or at TRU..  But, I do think that if this wave is limited, that IR would still be less than RE just be the distribution ratio.  There's just way to many walmarts in this world.  They outnumber any other retailer like TRU and Target combined.  Amazon's stock of IR didn't seem to last very long.

it was an expensive set to start with $129,99 retail.

Your predictions are way too optimistic!
  • Like 1

walmart has over 4000 stores in US alone. over 10k in the world.

imagine the number of sets for walmart alone @ 10sets/store which is probably an estimate on the low side that by alone is 100,000 sets which @ $40 MSRP is already 4 million. i mean that's already over 0.05% of revenue of TLG for the whole year. talking about #75920

IR was a pricey set to start with @$129,99 . this set would have had a limited run. TLG won't have wanted to over produce and have to discount these high cost sets. so, my guess is definitely that this set was not produced @ 10k ;) just my estimate...

Edited by newbie77

Is it?  These haven't even seen a retirement tag, and look at the prices already:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n_1?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A166099011%2Ck%3Alego+jurassic+world&keywords=lego+jurassic+world&ie=UTF8&qid=1437351067&rnid=2941120011

Trex is already at 99 on amazon, and seems to be selling at that price, because the amount of listings dropped today.  IR was hanging around for 175 today and has fluctuated off and on quite a bit.  RE is now at 75.  I don't think it's out of the question that those numbers could be reached if there is no substantial restock of any kind in the next 2 to 3 months.  There might be quite a few people willing to spend some money to complete their lego jurassic world collection.  In comparison, a 400.00 set like Death Star has over 90 offers right now.  These barely have 30.

These are not as hard to come by as some are making it out to be.  If you want for long term then go for it but for people expecting to make on all right now it is not happening at retail. RE is the only one selling at a small profit on both Amazon and ebay.  Trex is at 99 at amazon and right at retail on ebay. Same with indominus being high on amazon and retail on ebay.  Have found 25+ trex with very little effort. (Of which i bought 0) , 12 more RE of which  i did buy.  Raptor rampage only found 6 and indominous about 4 at tru.

RE is definitely the hottest seller with some profit. Sold over 30 in 3 days and about 50 total the last 2 weeks But again only 5-10 profit per.  

As hot as RE and JW have been they dont even come close to what hulkbuster did in its prime.  

• Like 4

These are not as hard to come by as some are making it out to be.  If you want for long term then go for it but for people expecting to make on all right now it is not happening at retail. RE is the only one selling at a small profit on both Amazon and ebay.  Trex is at 99 at amazon and right at retail on ebay. Same with indominus being high on amazon and retail on ebay.  Have found 25+ trex with very little effort. (Of which i bought 0) , 12 more RE of which  i did buy.  Raptor rampage only found 6 and indominous about 4 at tru.

RE is definitely the hottest seller with some profit. Sold over 30 in 3 days and about 50 total the last 2 weeks But again only 5-10 profit per.  

As hot as RE and JW have been they dont even come close to what hulkbuster did in its prime.  

true that. hulk buster a 29,99 set was being sold for $54,00 plus it was a lot smaller set to ship where as #75920 is a bulkier set.

• Like 1

I couldn't agree more! 

• Like 1

I will definitely not be quick flipping RE right now because price is going nowhere but up. And stock is so hard to find. It has hit 73 on Amazon today which is $17 profit for me. Not bad but it cant be replaced so I will be mad when this hits $100

Hulkbuster in it's prime went for about 45 on average.  Which is about 15 above retail.  

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=76031-1

Raptor Escape is going for about 20 more than retail..

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=raptor escape lego&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Considering IR just cleared out of most online shops as of yesterday, give it a chance to see where it goes, but I like where it's going.  

But I agree.. I'm wrong.  I think quick flipping is the only way to go.  Do it fast, do it furiously, do it now.

Considering IR just cleared out of most online shops as of yesterday, give it a chance to see where it goes, but I like where it's going.  

But I agree.. I'm wrong.  I think quick flipping is the only way to go.  Do it fast, do it furiously, do it now.

Well said

$181 is now the lowest price with shipping on amazon

Edited by tacsniper

Hulkbuster in it's prime went for about 45 on average.  Which is about 15 above retail.  

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=76031-1

Raptor Escape is going for about 20 more than retail..

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=raptor escape lego&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

yeah really. look @ the attached order information from amazon. i have sold myself for $51.49. ran out of my stock. i know and remember very clearly :) that people sold this for $54,00 so that data which shows less than my selling price is not valid... but again i am talking about amazon.76031-2015-05-05.thumb.png.bac9e6cf9ad6c

76031-2015-05-05.png

Edited by newbie77

I'm going to say this, directed at all of you that are hoarding this sets, expecting this to be completely sold out, and never coming back.

If these come back, you better damn well not return these piles and piles of sets.

You think retailers are cracking down on us resellers now?  PIles and piles of returns will just make it even harder on the rest of us.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.  You take your lumps.  It's all part of the risk of this game.  If you get stuck with lots of stock because it has come back, oh well.  I'm not going to cry for you.  That's the risk you too.  Great reward comes with great risk.  Your reward, if this never comes back, is some really good bank.  But if it comes back...well, that's the risk you took.

I still have 50% of my RI stock.

Does anybody think that Lego paid 5 million dollars or more for the JW License and retire the sets in a few months,  even the Lone Ranger sets were out for about 8 months. and that 5 million is most likely on the light side, for these sets not being around for Christmas will be a shock to me and many others.    Ed

Couldn't agree with you more Ed.

For those of you that think $5 Million is a lot, that's less than 40,000 units of the I-Rex set.  Or less than 15,000 units of a full set of the entire line.  (Retail prices).  Of course, there's all sorts of costs that have to be factored - these guys aren't at a pure profit at RRP, but the point is, it isn't a lot of units to sell before they've made back their licensing fee.

I'm going with easiest explanation - production is in full force for Star Wars, and things are going to sell out if they're moving quick.  These are moving quick.  I expect them to come back in stock by the time the SW sets are in store.

• Like 1

Everyone has the right to return. I have never done it yet . And I don't have any of these yet.

They do, but people who abuse return policies are the ones who make it harder for people with legitimate reasons for a return. Return policies are not in place so people can hedge their bets on a quick flip.

You've been around long enough, you're aware of the arguments so stir the pot if you'd like. Muck is muck no matter what.

Cheers!

• Like 2