UCS Millennium Falcon Exclusive Black VIP Card Perks & Benefits

Martae54

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm now glad that I didn't join the rush to order with a black card on day one. I'd rather have £100 off which is commonplace these days. I can't see LEGO offering £100 worth of goodies with this card, can you?

4 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I'm now glad that I didn't join the rush to order with a black card on day one. I'd rather have £100 off which is commonplace these days. I can't see LEGO offering £100 worth of goodies with this card, can you?

If the information / rumors about that card holder promotion set including an exclusive figure are true and this promotion set is only available for black vip card holders, I assume  that a lot of people want that fig. Easily 100€ + in hours. 

Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

If the information / rumors about that card holder promotion set including an exclusive figure are true and this promotion set is only available for black vip card holders, I assume  that a lot of people want that fig. Easily 100€ + in hours. 

... to resell and then the race to the bottom begins? ? However, black card holders do deserve a decent reward otherwise LEGO have been misleading their customers. If I paid the RRP of £649.99 and still had nothing to show for it, I'd be in touch with Trading Standards by now.

4 hours ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

promotion starts at the 7th of December and ends at 31st of January with any SW purchase. Only online via code. Not available in stores. Pictures already flooding around. 

lego-starwars-black-vip-display-stand.jp

Well, at least if ordered close to the release date should be able to stack with the free promo holiday carousel and possibly even the Vader pod (if getting Vader's Castle)

15 hours ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

promotion starts at the 7th of December and ends at 31st of January with any SW purchase. Only online via code. Not available in stores. Pictures already flooding around. 

lego-starwars-black-vip-display-stand.jp

What the @#%%$@#?  Seriously?  

To be honest, after the completely lacking "promotional" stuff from LEGO this year for getting the Black Card, is anyone actually going to want to display their Black Card and admit we got duped by LEGO?  The friends of mine who know I have the black card laugh about it every time it comes up in conversation.  It's the last time I will worry about a "promotional card" from LEGO.  Maybe if LEGO gave us one pick of our favorite years-past Star Wars give-away set (I.E Space Slug Escape or something similar) with Star Wars purchase, that might be pretty cool.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, exracer327 said:

What the @#%%$@#?  Seriously?  

To be honest, after the completely lacking "promotional" stuff from LEGO this year for getting the Black Card, is anyone actually going to want to display their Black Card and admit we got duped by LEGO?  The friends of mine who know I have the black card laugh about it every time it comes up in conversation.  It's the last time I will worry about a "promotional card" from LEGO.  Maybe if LEGO gave us one pick of our favorite years-past Star Wars give-away set (I.E Space Slug Escape or something similar) with Star Wars purchase, that might be pretty cool.

if you look reeeeeeally carefully,  you can see he's flipping us the bird. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I guess I'm in the minority, but I like this a little bit.  Certainly, I"m not blown away by my good fortune at the opportunity to obtain this, but I can see building this and actually displaying my black VIP card alongside the Falcon.  Much easier to display than the certificate that came with 10179.  I'm going to hold out (admittedly little) hope that the black tile is printed to look like the black VIP card. 

Also I, don't understand why the head is black but the hands are yellow?  Is the figure wearing a ski mask to hide his face because he's embarrassed about being a Black VIP card holder?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I think it could be cool. Hopefully it's a new minifig we can flip for a nice price. Are there any sw characters left to be released in minifig form? Or an unreleased version of one? 

If they released an entirely gray Boba Fett as a nod toward the famous Kenner prototype of Fett, then I think that’d be exciting.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app
  • Like 2

To me the torso printing looks to match the MF logo on the VIP card. The thing in the fig's hand is his VIP card... it's a minifig to represent you, the VIP card holder.  Maybe the black head is just a "space holder" for "your" head?  i.e.... we're supposed to find a minifig head that "matches" us individually... glasses, beard, whatever...?

56 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I often wonder who would return their 75192 and black VIP card now for a 100% refund if they could after paying RRP?

For the UCS MILF, I didnt mind paying MSRP as I was caught up in the release-hype (#totallyworthit) and the Black VIP card was a nice touch.

Honestly, I expected better promos with the card this year, but life goes on. Luckily, I was able to build the set and flip it to a local collector and get my money back before supply could match demand. Will buy another one for keeps when its goes EOL.

• Like 1

Personally I am ok with the black card promos up to this point but then again I quick flipped my Falcons during Christmas last year.

This should have a stupid low buy in. I get they cant send it out free but seriously I shelled out money for the black card just to have the privilege of shelling out more money for a special promo? That i feel is a little insulting.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Like 1