UCS Millennium Falcon Exclusive Black VIP Card Perks & Benefits

Martae54

I honestly don't understand how a black card holder induces anyone to spend even more money at lego, based on the premise of buying their most expensive set ever for special whatever and getting absolutely nothing.  At this point I would actually prefer buying the very first edition with certificate.

5 minutes ago, waddamon said:

I honestly don't understand how a black card holder induces anyone to spend even more money at lego, based on the premise of buying their most expensive set ever for special whatever and getting absolutely nothing.  At this point I would actually prefer buying the very first edition with certificate.

considering there should only be 10,000 or less VIP mini figures - They will eventually be worth a pretty penny so I’m good with getting one even though I don’t really like it. Or I think they could have done better anyway

Edited by Mgip21

9 minutes ago, waddamon said:

People buy and/or collect all sorts of random stuff all the time, and this is no different.

Like the review video above says, there's just a few thousand black card members in the world, and likely not all of them will get this promo. An exclusive and limited edition minifig is certainly worth something to some people.

7 minutes ago, Mgip21 said:

considering there should only be 10,000 or less VIP mini figures - They will eventually be worth a pretty penny so I’m good with getting one even though I don’t really like it. Or I think they could have done better anyway

Rare is only valuable when there's a story/context attached to it, or it should at least have some sort of aesthetic appeal...or preferably both.

Rare for the sake of rare loses a lot of value. Many companies use this as a cheap gimmick for suckers, or those with extreme OCD for collecting.

1 hour ago, dx0520 said:

Rare is only valuable when there's a story/context attached to it, or it should at least have some sort of aesthetic appeal...or preferably both.

Rare for the sake of rare loses a lot of value. Many companies use this as a cheap gimmick for suckers, or those with extreme OCD for collecting.

Show me any rare LEGO that is not doing well, please. A lot of people don’t understand how many Lego fans there are out there. And on top of LEGO there is Star Wars. I’m just starting to understand

Edited by Mgip21

Finallllly received a shipping notification for my order placed early Friday morning...and to my horror the VIP set wasn't listed on the order so I chatted customer service to ask for clarification. They indicated that the set will ship separate. 

Within the hour I received another shipping confirmation. They added the Solo Mudtrooper....I didn't even ask.  Weird.

Anyone else having these ship separate from their order?

Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 4.29.14 PM.png

Edited by eliminator

I have one of these. Sold prices are consistently very high indeed. I thought this might be down to initial craze, but now I'm not so sure.

I'm not needing or necessarily wanting to flip it straight away for a quick £100 and shoot myself in the foot. Some of these VIP exclusive sets have done ridiculously well in the past and if there aren't tens of thousands of these out there then this will be worth an absolute mint in a few years.

Does anybody know how many of these have actually been produced as I can't find a record of it anywhere?

Guest TabbyBoy
49 minutes ago, Gary81 said:

I have one of these. Sold prices are consistently very high indeed. I thought this might be down to initial craze, but now I'm not so sure.

I'm not needing or necessarily wanting to flip it straight away for a quick £100 and shoot myself in the foot. Some of these VIP exclusive sets have done ridiculously well in the past and if there aren't tens of thousands of these out there then this will be worth an absolute mint in a few years.

Does anybody know how many of these have actually been produced as I can't find a record of it anywhere?

If I had one, I'd get shot of it now before the race to the bottom. I wouldn't be surprised if a googolplex of these are out there. Production numbers are always a mystery and nobody on here will be able to answer that without being fired. If over 500,000x 75192 were produced, I'd not be at all surprised as supply and discounts are everywhere

£100 now vs. a likely <£25 in a month? I know what I'd do ?

Well, here's my haul for playing along with this Black VIP Card game:

1. Black VIP card
  2. Scarif minifig: free in-store give away when I purchased the MF
  3. Y-Wing print: email code
  4. DJ minifig: email code
  5. Card Holder: email code
  6. Mudtrooper: added free by CS rep because Card Holder wasn't showing in shipping confirmation online code error

Thankfully I was an early buyer, early builder, and early seller so I got all my money back from the original purchase. All in all, I came out ahead in all this...but I think Lego could have done better. Even something like the Space Slug or Comic Con Solo movie MF cockpit would have really made the program special.

48356312_10161430979225556_8004345754292322304_n.jpg

Edited by eliminator
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1