UCS Millennium Falcon Exclusive Black VIP Card Perks & Benefits

Martae54

8 minutes ago, toni8284 said:

I checked my email, dont see the email and the code....

Neither. CS told me to wait a couple days... Going to try again and get someone who will just give me the damn code. I've never received any email/code from the black VIP card promotions, even telling them this they still believe i will get the email. *sigh*

Like many, the black card Vip promo set didn’t add when I tried to check out this morning. Here’s what I bought. All for personal build/gifts. Used VIP points to get double VIP points can’t beat that with a stick. Also when I chatted with LEGO CS to ask them why I wasn’t seeing the promo set, they told me they’d throw me another 200 pts. I asked if they had a Christmas gift box set instead. They said sure. Just checked my order and the black card promo is in there now. 

9039280E-D8A0-4FFA-97AC-BA3E1376E5B5.jpeg

Edited by calmdahn

9 minutes ago, calmdahn said:

Like many, the black card Vip promo set didn’t add when I tried to check out this morning. Here’s what I bought. All for personal build/gifts. Used VIP points to get double VIP points can’t beat that with a stick. Also when I chatted with LEGO CS to ask them why I wasn’t seeing the promo set, they told me they’d throw me another 200 pts. I asked if they had a Christmas gift box set instead. They said sure. Just checked my order and the black card promo is in there now.

May want to check that.  They usually don't give VIP points on the part of the order that you don't pay actual money for.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

May want to check that.  They usually don't give VIP points on the part of the order that you don't pay actual money for.

From my own experience, that's correct.  Standard advice is never redeem VIP points during a double or triple point promotion.  During a double points promotion for example, you're effectively costing yourself the equivalent of 15% of your order value off future purchases (the 5% VIP points value redeemed plus the 10% VIP points value foregone).

A chacun son gout.

3 minutes ago, NJKelly said:

From my own experience, that's correct.  Standard advice is never redeem VIP points during a double or triple point promotion.  During a double points promotion for example, you're effectively costing yourself the equivalent of 15% of your order value off future purchases (the 5% VIP points value redeemed plus the 10% VIP points value foregone).

A chacun son gout.

You did not?

• Like 1

This whole VIP Black Card stand process is a debacle.  This stand should be free after buying the $800 set early in it's release.  It's another way to suck more money out of us by spending more than $35 for free postage. At the very least, the stand should have been offered during the Black Friday weekend sale  

What a sad joke  LEGO Marketing has become.

Despite having great consumer service, LEGO certainly turned into one <insert here> company.  

Update:  the disgust in me got to the point that I just called LEGO and explained my frustration with the whole Black Card item in 4 sentences.  The rep listened and stated other folks today also called to complain.  I explained it wasn’t about the money to spend but the principle itself.

The rep offered to take my unique # from that email and is having the stand shipped to me w/o a purchase

• Like 6

Anyone know whether this promo is directly tied to your VIP account? I ask because I'm the proud owner of the Lego Ban Hammer. SO I can't buy online through shop at home. But I can buy in the Lego store. The Lego store is where I bought my MILF upon release. So I do have a promo code Lego emailed me. But not sure if I can have my sister buy online with her account and using my promo code. Anyone in this similar situation know of any workaround? And yes I also have my black VIP card. And I was banned prior to buying the MILF. So Lego corporate still mailed me my VIP card. 

Edited by Gonkalin

Weird, I just placed my order over the phone.  I was trying to stack the VIP Star Wars promo with free shipping but you can only use 1 promo online.  I got an email right after and said I bought a UCS Slave 1 and no VIP Star Wars Gift?  Website shows the correct order and my credit card wasn't charged for a Slave 1.  If they ship me a Slave 1 in place of the VIP Star Wars Gift I won't complain.  Hell, I'd be happy to collect the double VIP points for it.  I came here to see if anyone else got a similar email? 

Edited by eaglepowers

Anyone know whether this promo is directly tied to your VIP account? I ask because I'm the proud owner of the Lego Ban Hammer. SO I can't buy online through shop at home. But I can buy in the Lego store. The Lego store is where I bought my MILF upon release. So I do have a promo code Lego emailed me. But not sure if I can have my sister buy online with her account and using my promo code. Anyone in this similar situation know of any workaround? And yes I also have my black VIP card. And I was banned prior to buying the MILF. So Lego corporate still mailed me my VIP card. 

I think the code should work on any account.