UCS Millennium Falcon Exclusive Black VIP Card Perks & Benefits

Martae54

The stand is slightly more roubustica that I assumed from the first grainy image. At least we get a unique-print minifig. Might actually keep this set for the collection...

Side note, I wonder if this set will come with a blank "filler" vip card without anything on the back.

Edited by eliminator

42 minutes ago, LegoMan1212 said:

All those creative minds at Lego and this is the best they could come up with? 

2 out of 5 stars is my rating. I only hope the "purchase" for this because every promotion only costs more money is less than $10.

I agree with everything you said, except I think they should just give it to everyone who qualified for a black card.  After all, this is most likely a $10 set, only due to Disney tax of the MF image on the torso and maybe, if they have another MF image on the 1x2 tile (minifigure sized card).

Think of it this way, any of us with left-over black pieces can probably build the display for our cards minus that torso (and maybe the 1x2 tile "card," if it also has a print).  So how special is this set really?  

By the way, I found this out by accident.  If you request a replacement VIP card because the one you've been using all these years can no longer be scanned, then LEGO gives you not only a new card, but a new VIP account number.  So, the account number printed on your Black VIP card is no longer your valid VIP account.  Meaning?  How many people are going to request new numbers so they can sell their Black Card along with this set?  Ah, the proverbial Pandora's Box for LEGO...   Sure our name is on it, but black marker will take care of that.

1 hour ago, vincevaughn said:

agree with the black hands, but at least its a easy fix to make it that way.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Maybe add a clone head to it as well...  since we fell for the promotion.

Part of me hopes there is something else tied to this.  This can't possibly be it.  After an entire year and really nothing to show for it. 

Now if LEGO gave us black card holders 50% off all Star Wars sets just before Christmas, now that is something I would get excited about.  Even if there aren't a lot of SWs sets I would buy right now.  At 50% off, I might change my tune.  Even if they put a limit on it, I would still appreciate that more than this skimpy set.

Guest TabbyBoy

Why not all sign a petition and send it to LEGO’s HQ? I think the media may be interested in the story too. I’d kick up an almighty stink if I was you guys. LEGO need to wake up... period.

3 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Why not all sign a petition and send it to LEGO’s HQ? I think the media may be interested in the story too. I’d kick up an almighty stink if I was you guys. LEGO need to wake up... period.

It's something that could have really been done well.  If you purchased a Falcon on the first day (backorders included), everyone should have gotten one.  Then make something cool.  Maybe a real "heavy" card like an American Express Black card or similar.  Then make it in like a black chrome and number them and some sort of display.  Then you have something special

• Like 1

I'm wondering if this freebie is going to be only available to black card holders, or when the promo is over and they have too many left just anyone can get it?

I really doubt there will be demand for this beyond the people who are card holders.  heck even demand among cardholders is going to be low, especially if we have to buy over $50 in star wars sets.  this should have been directly mailed right to cardholders, with no fanfare and perhaps a thank you/apology letter.

• Like 1