UCS Millennium Falcon Exclusive Black VIP Card Perks & Benefits

Martae54

Since the Black Card debacle I haven't Day One'd a single set Lego has released. I'll be more patient and wait for discounts. It's not a conscious active protest it's just that the debacle has taken a little bit of wind out of my sails when it comes to the excitement of new releases. 

Last year I purchased 9 releases on day 1. Bit of an own goal for Lego marketing there. 

Edited by Fenix_2k1
  • Like 1

image.thumb.png.42dfbf24b8b1da75438e56f8af2be488.png

An amazing second offer this year! They're offering me the chance to spend $35 or more to get a poster! And one person will possibly get something that is actually a freebie.... one day, maybe. The perks of this black card are much more than we could have ever hoped for when dropping $800 on a set.

2 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

image.thumb.png.42dfbf24b8b1da75438e56f8af2be488.png

An amazing second offer this year! They're offering me the chance to spend $35 or more to get a poster! And one person will possibly get something that is actually a freebie.... one day, maybe. The perks of this black card are much more than we could have ever hoped for when dropping $800 on a set.

I just got this email myself.  That R2-D2, while at first glance very much impressed me, it struck me too that ONE person out of how many?  10,000? will win this... maybe.  If this is LEGO's idea of perks throughout the year, they should have said, "You MIGHT get a perk next year."  The second sad thought I had was; IF I were to win this, would I be able to afford the taxes Uncle Sam will make me pay for winning it.  *sigh*

• Like 1

From the LEGO.com website:

xxxxx

Free Exclusive LEGO® Star Wars Y-Wing Poster (5005624) offer is valid for VIP purchases at shop.LEGO.com, in LEGO Stores and LEGO Catalogue telephone orders from 04/05/2018 to 07/05/2018, or while stocks last. Qualifying purchase must be equal to or greater than £30 in LEGO Star Wars merchandise only with a valid LEGO VIP Black Card. Bricks & Pieces orders are not valid for this promotion. One set per household. Cannot be applied to previous purchases or combined with any other discount, offer or free gift. If the qualifying LEGO purchase(s) is returned to us for a refund, the gift must also be returned to us together with the qualifying LEGO purchase(s).

Merchandise totals calculated after VIP Point redemption; any applicable taxes, delivery charges, or value of gift cards purchased do not apply to merchandise totals. It cannot be purchased, exchanged or substituted for any other item or cash value. Offers not valid at LEGOLAND® Parks, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres, LEGO Certified Stores and Mobile Retail locations. The LEGO Group reserves the right to cancel or modify this promotion at any time without prior notice. VIP Membership required.

Void where prohibited by law.

Prize is non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.

Prizes may be subject to local income tax or other taxes. Winners are encouraged to check local tax implications. Any applicable taxes, governmental fees, and other expenses resulting from winning a prize are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner unless otherwise stated. The LEGO Group is not responsible for and will not pay any taxes imposed by your home tax authorities.

xxxxx

So apparently the blue print is ONLY available to VIP Black Card holders.  Or am I reading that wrong?

And taxes will probably apply if you win the R2-D2.  Since there were five Solid Gold C-3POs and there is only ONE of this R2-D2, what is this R2-D2 going to be worth?

15 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Having read the email, it appears as if the poster is only available for black Vip card holders who have the code.

So, what you're saying is the code will be leaked and Joe Schmo's will snatch them up before Black VIP card holders wake up on 5/4?

So, what you're saying is the code will be leaked and Joe Schmo's will ****** them up before Black VIP card holders wake up on 5/4?

Doubt Lego are that incompetent. But you never know! Will be unique to each Vip card holder and ensure one per holder.

5 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Doubt Lego are that incompetent. But you never know! Will be unique to each Vip card holder and ensure one per holder.

That would require the web to be down for maintenance for at least a month.

5 minutes ago, Fleck said:

Besides the UCS Y-wing......is there anything worth buying in order to claim the BB-8 promo an the poster ??? I believe I can get better deals with patience and picking up BB-8 on second hand market.

I'd like this as well, the UCS Y-Wing isn't selling me especially with lack of double vip.

11 minutes ago, Fleck said:

Besides the UCS Y-wing......is there anything worth buying in order to claim the BB-8 promo an the poster ??? I believe I can get better deals with patience and picking up BB-8 on second hand market.

Availability of the Resistance Bomber is becoming scarce.  Options for 75191 are becoming limited.

Lmao, do you really think they will ask you for a code in store? 
1474650788155.gif
They will see that you have black card with you and they will pass you the poster which is worthless anyway.
I have better perks from this year calendar coupons than from this BS black exclusive thing.
s-l1600.jpg

they gonna hand the poster to anyone who is purchasing Y-Wing anyway.
Same EXCLUSIVITY I saw with the HULKBUSTER UCS Posters
(ONE PER CUSTOMER ONLY FOR TWO DAYS! GET THEM BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE) ~LEGO.

They are still piling up in stores in hundreds, they've started giving them away with any Avengers purchase. - this is where exclusivity ends.

58 minutes ago, jackcwang said:

Hmm, are all black VIP card holders getting this email? Nothing in my inbox...

I haven’t received an email either, they said they are being sent out manually and I should have one within the next 3 hours if not I should contact them and they will provide a code.

5 hours ago, Fleck said:

I might actually skip the promotion this year and get the bb-8 somewhere else.  Nothing seems to excite me about Star Wars anymore. 

2 hours ago, Shewie said:

They will see that you have black card with you and they will pass you the poster which is worthless anyway.

Perhaps from a monetary point of view, but I'm looking forward to receiving one and framing it for display. Just hoping it's rolled, not folded. 

2 hours ago, tacsniper said:

Let me guess... this poster is gonna be folded into 4 so it will look ugly as hell if you try to frame it.

55 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Perhaps from a monetary point of view, but I'm looking forward to receiving one and framing it for display. Just hoping it's rolled, not folded. 

It's apparently only supposed to be A4 sized, so most likely no folding & smaller than anticipated. However, despite qualifying I probably won't get one since my email code is nowhere to be found still. 

3 hours ago, tacsniper said:

Let me guess... this poster is gonna be folded into 4 so it will look ugly as hell if you try to frame it.

Wait, Lego poster is supposed to be displayed??????? I thought it was to avoid all sunlight so to preserve it for future generations who might use sell it later to purchase a house if they were dumb enough

Edited by lebrick