UCS Millennium Falcon Exclusive Black VIP Card Perks & Benefits

Martae54

20 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

wow this just got real,  it's a SCAM now???

Personally just knowing I have a black card and Bold Arrow does not gives me a full year of enjoyment, rewards, and benefits...

Plus the one bought on my wife's account didn't get one either so I have one and she doesn't!!!  

Basically it doesn't get better than this card

I just like adding fuel to the fire.  But for real, it just seems like another awful job in planning by their marketing department just like how fantastic their website is in comparison to most other websites that seem to work just fine when you buy something.  :)   If I had to make a bet, there will be about 4-6 total "marketing things under the black card" including the February thing.  Hopefully 1 of them is worth it to each person, whether it is the same one that many like or one that others don't like but some find satisfying.  

I just opened my MF yesterday and my son and I are having a blast putting it together.

Edited by LegoMan1212
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ed Mack said:

Let's face it, the entire launch of the 75192 was a promotional scam.  They should have taken back orders and gave out black VIP cards to everyone who purchased one within the first few days.   

I think they are deliberately toning down the perks as much more people had cards issued than LEGO anticipated, and buyers who were unable to purchase in 2017 would also be pissed off by good promotions, as they had the intent to buy but were denied of the opportunity.

Let's be frank, LEGO messed this up majorly, it created a lose-lose situation. Good perks would lead to an outlash, and weak perks sound like a scam. Since the latter is less damaging, they probably went with it for this reason.

• Like 1

I think they are deliberately toning down the perks as much more people had cards issued than LEGO anticipated, and buyers who were unable to purchase in 2017 would also be pissed off by good promotions, as they had the intent to buy but were denied of the opportunity.
Let's be frank, LEGO messed this up majorly, it created a lose-lose situation. Good perks would lead to an outlash, and weak perks sound like a scam. Since the latter is less damaging, they probably went with it for this reason.
That's all fine, but they could have easily set up a registry during 2017, so that anyone who registered and then paid once their falcon had shipped would be eligible for a black card and the promos. Heck, they could have just put it on backorder in their system for the entire duration of 2017, and make people pay up front, and that way ensure that everyone who wanted got a black card. Definitely badly managed by TLG
  • Like 2

I would say let's wait till May the 4th and maybe there is a big surprise for us! 

Of course those 2x VIP points promotion was really ridiculous but future promotions should be better! 

Its a dilemma! If we get something really iconic and special all black card holders will be happy on other hand those who have missed will be dissapointed. 

In the case that there's nothing special it will be the other way around! ? 

3 hours ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

I would say let's wait till May the 4th and maybe there is a big surprise for us! 

Of course those 2x VIP points promotion was really ridiculous but future promotions should be better! 

Its a dilemma! If we get something really iconic and special all black card holders will be happy on other hand those who have missed will be dissapointed. 

In the case that there's nothing special it will be the other way around! 1f605.png 

LOL...I appreciate your optimism.  The May the 4th has turned out to be a big terd the last few years.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, calmdahn said:

i escalated my concern over my non-received card to a manager and she insists i'll get it by the end of April.  though, i was told the end of february in January. so who knows. i'm so dang irritated with the whole thing so far. 

She probably has no idea.  In my local LEGO store, there seems to be a new manager every week.

On 5/3/2018 at 2:56 PM, OrangeChiliPeP said:

In the case that there's nothing special it will be the other way around! 1f605.png 

They could have given you early access to the UCS Y Wing. Doesn´t look like that will happen.

On 5.3.2018 at 6:20 PM, Ed Mack said:

LOL...I appreciate your optimism.  The May the 4th has turned out to be a big terd the last few years.  

You are absolutely right! The May the 4th promotion was definitely better in the early days. The last exclusive poly bags were disappointing.

Hopefully we'll see a better poly bag this year. NO DJ please! ? I'm really looking forward because we have seen the low of that black card promotion since we were offered double VIP points. It`s time for something special! 

10 hours ago, Val-E said:

They could have given you early access to the UCS Y Wing. Doesn´t look like that will happen.

That idea of early access to some upcoming UCS sets like the Y-wing would be not bad but I'm sure if TLC do so you will not qualify to the May the 4th promotion! ?

TLC seems to be stingy these days. 

So,  I bought the Falcon in December from SAH and have yet to get my VIP card.  I contacted them in February and they said by end of month,  March 11th now and still no card.  Email reply today from Lego says the following :

At this point, all VIP members who purchased the UCS Millennium Falcon before January 1st should've received their VIP cards by now, so we'll be happy to reissue the card for you. However, I just wanted to give you all info regarding the situation before you make your decision, to see if you wanted to wait a little longer in case the card was delayed in the mail somehow.

We can reissue the limited edition card - we would just need to deactiveate the account for about 24 hours while generating a new card number. The new card will only take 5-8 working days to get out to you, but since the original card were part of a very limited edition print-run, the reissued card would not display your name. 

Once you decide you'd like to have the replacement reissued, just let us know and we'll be happy to take care of that for you. Whatever you do, your eligibilty for promotions is linked to your VIP card in the system, so don't worry about missing out on any of those exclusive promotions if you don't have the black card yet.

so now im a little upset and not sure what to do.

So,  I bought the Falcon in December from SAH and have yet to get my VIP card.  I contacted them in February and they said by end of month,  March 11th now and still no card.  Email reply today from Lego says the following :

At this point, all VIP members who purchased the UCS Millennium Falcon before January 1st should've received their VIP cards by now, so we'll be happy to reissue the card for you. However, I just wanted to give you all info regarding the situation before you make your decision, to see if you wanted to wait a little longer in case the card was delayed in the mail somehow.

We can reissue the limited edition card - we would just need to deactiveate the account for about 24 hours while generating a new card number. The new card will only take 5-8 working days to get out to you, but since the original card were part of a very limited edition print-run, the reissued card would not display your name. 

Once you decide you'd like to have the replacement reissued, just let us know and we'll be happy to take care of that for you. Whatever you do, your eligibilty for promotions is linked to your VIP card in the system, so don't worry about missing out on any of those exclusive promotions if you don't have the black card yet.

Call and complain. This whole thing is a scam. They need to reissue the name printed cards. We need to hold them to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

33 minutes ago, xxgatorzxx said:

You could ask them for a tracking # (but for the gain of what, I do not know) - It will only leave you more frustrated, and in the end, I don't think that they will be placing any special order for you to get another card with your name on it.

1 minute ago, KShine said:

You could ask them for a tracking # (but for the gain of what, I do not know) - It will only leave you more frustrated, and in the end, I don't think that they will be placing any special order for you to get another card with your name on it.

It is rather obvious at this point that one one who ordered in December was issued one . 

So back on Jan 4th I received notification of being put on the reprint list after I inquired to Lego for a reprint due to the repeated failed attempts of them telling me wait till this point etc.  Today, March 18th, I received, a second card...  The number on the back of the card is, 010228.  Lego originally told me my reprint was scheduled to arrive by the end of Feb.  My first card to arrive was on Jan 21st with a number of 010297.  Printed with a later print date than my "second" card?  I purchased my falcon on Oct 25th from a Lego Store Wait List.

This whole program is bonkers.

Both cards have my name printed on it and both cards have the same VIP number.  And both shipped from the same origin.  The contents of each mailer are identical with promo sheet etc.

Edited by Klownicle