UCS Millennium Falcon Exclusive Black VIP Card Perks & Benefits

Martae54

2 minutes ago, Mos_Eisley said:

While I fully expected the benefits to be bad, I didn't expect them to be nonexistent. I'm not sure why I still expect anything from TLG at this point.  I'm tired of companies making claims like this that aren't carried out or about exclusivity of items that aren't true. 

It’s time for all of us to begin complaining on Twitter ! :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mos_Eisley said:

While I fully expected the benefits to be bad, I didn't expect them to be nonexistent. I'm not sure why I still expect anything from TLG at this point.  I'm tired of companies making claims like this that aren't carried out or about exclusivity of items that aren't true. 

Seems the only winners so far are TLG and the resellers who sold the early release versions before the VIP card benefits - or lack of emerged.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

I would like to complain that I wasn't given the opportunity to get one because they sold out in like 5 minutes and didn't take backorders.  

You´ll get one cheaper in the not too distant future - consider it a as a plus.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

I would like to complain that I wasn't given the opportunity to get one because they sold out in like 5 minutes and didn't take backorders.  

I would like to complain that the site owner doesn't even have a Black VIP card.  How is this possible?  

not a good sign that the person that has every set known to man and has never sold a single one of them does not even want one.   

I tried to change my name on my account before they printed it so it would say QF LL for first and last name,  must of just missed the cutoff

• Like 3

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

To answer you upfront, the Star Wars™ LEGO® VIP card promotions are still alive and well. We certainly haven't forgotten about the loyal LEGO fans and VIP members who were among the very first to purchase the awesome new Millennium Falcon™ set. I'm so sorry that you've been feeling left out or disappointed with the lack of a currently ongoing promotion. We never intend to disappoint our fans!

While the new catalog might have some exciting new sets and promotions for all of our VIP members to take advantage of, the Star Wars™ LEGO® VIP card promotions are handled especially by our VIP team. That means that they'll be emailing you directly to let you know about the next upcoming exclusive promotion. Of course, with May the 4th coming up soon, you can rest assured they have something really sweet planned out for you, and you'll just have to keep an eye on your emails to find out.

I know that you took a leap of faith when you were among the first to purchase the largest set we've ever created. I hope you give us another chance to keep up our end of that promise -- there are still a lot of days left in this exciting year!

I'm certainly passing your comments on to the VIP team. They'll be happy to get your feedback to improve and meet your expectations better in the future.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We'll be happy to help!

Edited by Klownicle
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Blah blah PR speak. Deliver and then we’ll see if people are happy.

I will say, as someone that did not participate in this, I haven’t felt like I’ve missed anything. I’ll happily take my lumps if I do. But haven’t felt like I have had to yet.

Pish, you're missing out on all this disappointment!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KShine said:

Have you single guys tried letting the VIP card "accidently" fall out of you wallet on a first date?

I recall having a Platinum American Express card (that I would only use for 1st dates) - It did seem to provide some "special benefits".

4-H membership only worked in these parts

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

I would like to complain that the site owner doesn't even have a Black VIP card.  How is this possible?  

not a good sign that the person that has every set known to man and has never sold a single one of them does not even want one.   

I tried to change my name on my account before they printed it so it would say QF LL for first and last name,  must of just missed the cutoff

Honestly, I get more perks with my freshly printed AARP card.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, KShine said:

Have you single guys tried letting the VIP card "accidently" fall out of you wallet on a first date?

I recall having a Platinum American Express card (that I would only use for 1st dates) - It did seem to provide some "special benefits".

Well, if the date is with Chewbacca you could well be right.

Complained to Lego CS again, they basically blamed it all on the marketing team and said thy expect there will be something for Black VIP cardholders for May 4th.

However, they were simply speculating. they had no information of anything being scheduled for Black VIP , but rather said that the marketing team "surely had to do something for May 4th"

I'll believe that when we see it.

I think we've been ripped off

27 minutes ago, andyposterfan said:

Complained to Lego CS again, they basically blamed it all on the marketing team and said thy expect there will be something for Black VIP cardholders for May 4th.

However, they were simply speculating. they had no information of anything being scheduled for Black VIP , but rather said that the marketing team "surely had to do something for May 4th"

I'll believe that when we see it.

I think we've been ripped off

Really anything sort of a spectacular May 4th special the promotion is a joke and we've been duped.  Considering the standard promotions and releases are already known about, this is very unlikely to occur as they like the standard VIP promotions would already know.

I think it would be hilarious if they recycle an old promo poly like Yularen for May the 4th specifically for Falcon VIP Cardholders

I almost picked up a Kessel Run Falcon with my VIP points this week but since I'm in no rush to build it anyway (just want that sweet Lando minifig) I will hold off in the tiny chance there's a surprise for us Falcon VIPs

• Haha 1