75192 - UCS: Millennium Falcon 2017

chinothegeeko

When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?

• First day VIP early access purchase.
    • 2x VIP promo in October 2017.
    • Wait for discount of between 10%-19%.
    • Wait for discount between 20%-29%.
    • Wait for discount of at least 30%.
    • Wait until it shows solid signs of retiring.
    • No plans to buy this set.

1 hour ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

There are 2 versions of the stand. The one shown in the video also known as first version is the wider version. This stand is amazing! 

Is this second version an optimized one or kind of a simple different flavor? Where is the building plan for this version 2?

1 hour ago, Klownicle said:

This was the only thing really preventing me from building was the display ability for the set in the given space.  The side mount is perfect.  I've already purchased the parts in BrickLink, came out to about $45 before shipping.  Price seems to be increasing given the recent popularity of the MOC.  It was front page on the subreddit for a day or two with 200+ replies.

Unfortunately, brinklinking to Brazil is not that easy. Did you find everything from a single seller? I'm wondering if this whole mount wouldn't be possible to build out of a mindstorms expansion kit....

24 minutes ago, Floriano said:

Unfortunately, brinklinking to Brazil is not that easy. Did you find everything from a single seller? I'm wondering if this whole mount wouldn't be possible to build out of a mindstorms expansion kit....

Not without paying an arm and a leg.  Got it down to two sellers, one state side and one intl.  

Word to the wise, you can color swap with minimal effect, I wanted black to match other ucs sets but gave in as grey was more readily available.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Klownicle said:

Not without paying an arm and a leg.  Got it down to two sellers, one state side and one intl.  

Word to the wise, you can color swap with minimal effect, I wanted black to match other ucs sets but gave in as grey was more readily available.

Yep just bricklinked mine in the US for $46+ Shipping from a single store by swapping color of two pieces to dark grey.  Well worth it IMO

6 hours ago, Floriano said:

Is this second version an optimized one or kind of a simple different flavor? Where is the building plan for this version 2?

The second version has a steeper angle and the stand plattform is more narrow. Both LDD files are provided under the YouTube Video. Download, open the file in LDD und let the programm create the  Instructions. As I know there is no PDF version for version 2 so far. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, GenMaster said:

I have a brother who also ordered his falcon on sept14, while I Already received mine a few weeks ago, his status finally changed to back ordered

Mine changed to backordered, I called they said ship date is october 30th

On 17/10/2017 at 2:56 AM, OrangeChiliPeP said:

The second version has a steeper angle and the stand plattform is more narrow. Both LDD files are provided under the YouTube Video. Download, open the file in LDD und let the programm create the  Instructions. As I know there is no PDF version for version 2 so far. 

I have now looked into the LDD files for both stands. Actually, both models are about the same wideness. As to deepness, first version is only 3 studs deeper. Version is considerably taller and it does impart a much  steeper angle for displaying the falcon, requiring near 60 additional pieces in comparison to the first version.

• Thanks 1

On 16/10/2017 at 9:04 PM, CyberLogic said:

Yep just bricklinked mine in the US for $46+ Shipping from a single store by swapping color of two pieces to dark grey.  Well worth it IMO

I ordered from some guy in Berlin parts sufficient to build both versions of the stand yesterday for 50 euros, including Paypal taxes + shipping/tracking to Brazil. I guess it was not that bad cost.

Geez! This was the way to go I guess!
Sold all of the mini figures for $50 EACH.
the opened milf without mini figures is up to $1275 and still going...
I wouldn’t have the cajones to break open a set and bags to sell the figures and expect to get that much back on the opened MILF.
Good for you, dude!!
aa15eff58ecd582e9f53a9c9576ed6fb.png

13 minutes ago, Dr.Dad said:

Geez! This was the way to go I guess!
Sold all of the mini figures for $50 EACH.
the opened milf without mini figures is up to $1275 and still going...
I wouldn’t have the cajones to break open a set and bags to sell the figures and expect to get that much back on the opened MILF.
Good for you, dude!!
aa15eff58ecd582e9f53a9c9576ed6fb.png

To boldly go where no... O wait.  Props to the seller but it doesn't seem all that crazy.  What the heck do you do with the minifigs when you display this?  Sit inside in the dark.  The mynock would be the only one I'd miss.

3 hours ago, Klownicle said:

To boldly go where no... O wait.  Props to the seller but it doesn't seem all that crazy.  What the heck do you do with the minifigs when you display this?  Sit inside in the dark.  The mynock would be the only one I'd miss.

I tried to sell the mini figs (and keep the MF for myself).  Only ones that seem to have any market are both Han's and the Leia.  All others no real sales to speak of. 

1 hour ago, winder00side said:

I tried to sell the mini figs (and keep the MF for myself).  Only ones that seem to have any market are both Han's and the Leia.  All others no real sales to speak of. 

all of the others come in more than that set. those little animal things should sell for a lot as well. 

51 minutes ago, klo1978 said:

Hmmmmm

Confirmed with my store, they will be getting stock soon and will start to dedicate the shipments to the waitlist.  They informed me of an increased pickup window from 24hrs to 48hrs and that the entire shipment will be dedicated to the waitlist rather than partial as I was told before.  The timeframe of by years end to me given this information basically says if you are on the waitlist you should have one by years end.