75192 - UCS: Millennium Falcon 2017

chinothegeeko

When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?

• First day VIP early access purchase.
    • 2x VIP promo in October 2017.
    • Wait for discount of between 10%-19%.
    • Wait for discount between 20%-29%.
    • Wait for discount of at least 30%.
    • Wait until it shows solid signs of retiring.
    • No plans to buy this set.

Just now, Klownicle said:

Given PayPal allows the buyer 180 days to return the product. Screw that.

it's hard for me to imagine somebody paying $1300 and not opening it then returning it, you would have to be a special kind of stupid(and most dumb people dont have $1300, also bricklink requires you to be smarter than ebay)  because if you want it cheaper just wait. Also I have had over 5 thousand paypal transaction, zero returns. but yes there is a slight risk I guess.

but to each there own, I want to build one but am an idiot and didnt wake up early, its still "waiting for new stock" I envy you people that are spooning with your boxes, I would have started building already!

3 minutes ago, Joekr said:

it's hard for me to imagine somebody paying $1300 and not opening it then returning it, you would have to be a special kind of stupid(and most dumb people dont have $1300, also bricklink requires you to be smarter than ebay)  because if you want it cheaper just wait. Also I have had over 5 thousand paypal transaction, zero returns. but yes there is a slight risk I guess.

but to each there own, I want to build one but am an idiot and didnt wake up early, its still "waiting for new stock" I envy you people that are spooning with your boxes, I would have started building already!

Most don't realize how easy it is the screw over the seller via PayPal.  Complain Lost/Damaged/Incomplete/Not as Described/Partial Refunds/Drop Shippers.  You can protect yourself all you want and still PayPal will screw you over.  Been there done that.  Once paypal changed to 180days, I don't do any high dollar amounts with them.  At least before there was a reasonable cut off.

Edited by Klownicle

Guest TabbyBoy
26 minutes ago, Klownicle said:

Most don't realize how easy it is the screw over the seller via PayPal.  Complain Lost/Damaged/Incomplete/Not as Described/Partial Refunds/Drop Shippers.  You can protect yourself all you want and still PayPal will screw you over.  Been there done that.  Once paypal changed to 180days, I don't do any high dollar amounts with them.  At least before there was a reasonable cut off.

I agree 100% and I even got a chargeback 4 months after a sale! If I ever sold a £100+ item on eBay again, it’ll be bank transfer or debit card (which I can take over the phone), NEVER PayPal. If the buyer don’t like it, they can buy elsewhere!

Those selling 75192 on eBay/PayPal are taking a HUGE risk!

Edited by TabbyBoy

31 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

If I ever sold a £100+ item on eBay again, it’ll be bank transfer or debit card (which I can take over the phone), NEVER PayPal. If the buyer don’t like it, they can buy elsewhere!

Those selling 75192 on eBay/PayPal are taking a HUGE risk!

wonder how many times that gets posted per week

• Like 1

It is actually a lot harder to get scammed on a higher dollar set.  It requires more limit available on the card if it is a hijacked account and they are scrutinized a lot more. (especially over 1k).

For now the switch scammers are not after ebay.  That seems to have migrated to Amazon more.   Most the scams are the hijacked accounts and those are all covered as long as it is verified and eligible for seller protection.

The ones that say they didn't get it are always covered with delivered status and actually have had a good amount now where they just deny the buyer outright from doing it multiple times in the past.

Same on the returns now.   Lots of people open then try to never send it back and escalate it and they also are losing.   

The hijacked ones are annoying but it is usually cheaper items under $100 I see it on.  Minifigure cases are a high target for whatever reason.  Guess they have wide fan bases and easy to resell for them, idk.   That is probably the highest rate of hijack scams I see chargebacks opened on.

I don't see the point to stop selling items in fear of anything when the exact purpose of the high fees we do pay is for there systems to catch these problem transactions.  My fees are going towards them processing my transactions and payments and trying to detect what they can.  There will always be something new around any system and it is part of business.

That being said I've sold 3 so far for an average of $1367 sales price.   Have 1 or 2 more coming in this week.   They are still pretty damn hard to get and I don't say that often about any LEGO set.   

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

It is actually a lot harder to get scammed on a higher dollar set.  It requires more limit available on the card if it is a hijacked account and they are scrutinized a lot more. (especially over 1k).

For now the switch scammers are not after ebay.  That seems to have migrated to Amazon more.   Most the scams are the hijacked accounts and those are all covered as long as it is verified and eligible for seller protection.

The ones that say they didn't get it are always covered with delivered status and actually have had a good amount now where they just deny the buyer outright from doing it multiple times in the past.

Same on the returns now.   Lots of people open then try to never send it back and escalate it and they also are losing.   

The hijacked ones are annoying but it is usually cheaper items under $100 I see it on.  Minifigure cases are a high target for whatever reason.  Guess they have wide fan bases and easy to resell for them, idk.   That is probably the highest rate of hijack scams I see chargebacks opened on.

I don't see the point to stop selling items in fear of anything when the exact purpose of the high fees we do pay is for there systems to catch these problem transactions.  My fees are going towards them processing my transactions and payments and trying to detect what they can.  There will always be something new around any system and it is part of business.

That being said I've sold 3 so far for an average of $1367 sales price.   Have 1 or 2 more coming in this week.   They are still pretty damn hard to get and I don't say that often about any LEGO set.   

You assume that it's just someone using a bad card.  I could scam you just to take money off the cost of the item making you loose.  I'm happy you haven't been burned yet.  A lot of people just want to screw over resellers these days.  I guess the advance of automatic checkouts has put a more public negative connotation on scalpers/resellers.

5 minutes ago, Klownicle said:

You assume that it's just someone using a bad card.  I could scam you just to take money off the cost of the item making you loose.  I'm happy you haven't been burned yet.  A lot of people just want to screw over resellers these days.  I guess the advance of automatic checkouts has put a more public negative connotation on scalpers/resellers.

When Raven speaks, I listen. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Klownicle said:

Wasn't assuming anything.  I based it on 25,000+ tranactions per year every year.  Of course I've been burned and seen just about every scam in the book and will see plenty more going forward as they evolve techniques over the years.  It is just a very small fraction of overall business and seems to get made way worse then it is by reading forums.   

Everyone has there own comfort level of what they want to sell dollar wise online and that is fine.  I've sold plenty of things over the years that have raised a suspicion but in the end they turned out fine and I was the one being over reactive.  I was just pointing out the risks are not as high as some may lead you to believe in the overall picture.   

• Like 1

I also digged out a Nintendo Switch from a best buy store. It was a real hunt to find one. But then I figured out there is one thing harder to find than the 75192 or Switch together: L.O.L. My daughter wants one of these stupid little dolls and I can't find it anywhere in Orlando.

12 minutes ago, Dr.Dad said:

What kind of shipping costs are there within the continental US? eBay is all over the place: free, $30, $50, $113,.....

A lot of sellers make up their own shipping price. My actual shipping cost NC to Texas fedex ground with sig confirm was $40. Double boxed weighed 34 lbs. 

Edited by marcandre

8 minutes ago, JLEW700 said:

Has anybody that put their name on a wait list actually been called yet?  My local stores start a wait list last Friday.  They seemed to be getting stock in at least once a week but ever since the wait list started I dont think they've gotten any new stock.

Don't know what store you have, but my local Downtown Disney hasn't received any stock for two weeks or so and that shipment was the first since release.  Trucks 4 times a week with no falcons, calling each day.  Thankfully usually get someone different.  Lol. One employee said 4-6 weeks before any new shipments yesterday.  On the waitlist myself with no calls.

Edited by Klownicle