75192 - UCS: Millennium Falcon 2017

chinothegeeko

When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?

• First day VIP early access purchase.
    • 2x VIP promo in October 2017.
    • Wait for discount of between 10%-19%.
    • Wait for discount between 20%-29%.
    • Wait for discount of at least 30%.
    • Wait until it shows solid signs of retiring.
    • No plans to buy this set.

Since this appears to be the official thread for this thing. How many people here are like me (cheap and impatient) and considering just BrickLinking one of these instead of waiting around on TLG? They released the official pdf instructions a week or so ago.

If you factor in using existing collections and what you have it seems like it would be fairly do-able. The issue is really only the large quantity of certain pieces you'd need to do it. I've been looking into it pretty heavily. There are actually only around 680 or so unique parts to it; including color variations of the same parts. 

1 hour ago, JHolland513 said:

Since this appears to be the official thread for this thing. How many people here are like me (cheap and impatient) and considering just BrickLinking one of these instead of waiting around on TLG? They released the official pdf instructions a week or so ago.

If you factor in using existing collections and what you have it seems like it would be fairly do-able. The issue is really only the large quantity of certain pieces you'd need to do it. I've been looking into it pretty heavily. There are actually only around 680 or so unique parts to it; including color variations of the same parts. 

Doesn't the current BL price put it near $1,100 (less if you have some parts already I guess)?

32 minutes ago, Halfrig said:

Doesn't the current BL price put it near $1,100 (less if you have some parts already I guess)?

About close to that probably if you were to try and buy the entire thing outright in the exact colors and everything else. Honestly though, with the size of my existing collection of bulk Lego it's not something I'm particularly worried about. I've gone through and done most of the math already; I already own a large chunk of this set. Having to pick up 10-20 pieces here or there to supplement what I already have hardly worries me. The only thing that's going to be a true pain are the new specialty parts that are just releasing with this set. Those are the only thing that will really dent the bank for me.

12 minutes ago, JHolland513 said:

About close to that probably if you were to try and buy the entire thing outright in the exact colors and everything else. Honestly though, with the size of my existing collection of bulk Lego it's not something I'm particularly worried about. I've gone through and done most of the math already; I already own a large chunk of this set. Having to pick up 10-20 pieces here or there to supplement what I already have hardly worries me. The only thing that's going to be a true pain are the new specialty parts that are just releasing with this set. Those are the only thing that will really dent the bank for me.

I did this with 10179.  If you have most of the UCS sets it's under 1000 pieces you need to get to build it.  That being said, from someone who has done it.  Just wait and buy it.  It took more hours then I could count going through all of my UCS sets to get the approx 4000 pieces... sooo many hours.  And this set is of course almost 2000 pieces bigger so will take even longer.  Then when you take it a part you now have to separate all 7000 of those pieces and reorganize them into your UCS sets... just so much work.  On top of that, your going to have to find someone who bought the new Falcon and then decided to part it out instead of flip it or build it... that's not going to be easy to find to be honest and if someone did do that those specialty pieces are going to carry a HUGE price as they are the main reason to part it out.  Seriously I just don't see this as a good idea from any angle at this time if it's even possible.  

1 minute ago, CyberLogic said:

I did this with 10179.  If you have most of the UCS sets it's under 1000 pieces you need to get to build it.  That being said, from someone who has done it.  Just wait and buy it.  It took more hours then I could count going through all of my UCS sets to get the approx 4000 pieces... sooo many hours.  And this set is of course almost 2000 pieces bigger so will take even longer.  Then when you take it a part you now have to separate all 7000 of those pieces and reorganize them into your UCS sets... just so much work.  On top of that, your going to have to find someone who bought the new Falcon and then decided to part it out instead of flip it or build it... that's not going to be easy to find to be honest and if someone did do that those specialty pieces are going to carry a HUGE price as they are the main reason to part it out.  Seriously I just don't see this as a good idea from any angle at this time if it's even possible.  

Good idea? Admittedly probably not. Am I going to go through with it and do it anyway? Absolutely. Why? Because as much as I love Lego; there will never be a single day in my lifetime that I shell out nearly $1000 for a single set. That's literally 4-5 times what I paid for my last car! I just can't justify spending that much money on what are in the end just plastic bricks. It's just not worth it and never will be worth it to me. So for me, it's either take my time and bricklink it which will be vastly cheaper for me no matter how long it takes; or go off and buy a cheap bogus bricks knockoff whenever they decide to make one which would again be vastly cheaper. I still love authentic Lego too much to go for that last one though. So this is the only chance I'll ever have at owning a UCS Millenium Falcon. 

1 minute ago, JHolland513 said:

Good idea? Admittedly probably not. Am I going to go through with it and do it anyway? Absolutely. Why? Because as much as I love Lego; there will never be a single day in my lifetime that I shell out nearly $1000 for a single set. That's literally 4-5 times what I paid for my last car! I just can't justify spending that much money on what are in the end just plastic bricks. It's just not worth it and never will be worth it to me. So for me, it's either take my time and bricklink it which will be vastly cheaper for me no matter how long it takes; or go off and buy a cheap bogus bricks knockoff whenever they decide to make one which would again be vastly cheaper. I still love authentic Lego too much to go for that last one though. So this is the only chance I'll ever have at owning a UCS Millenium Falcon. 

That was the same rationale I used for why I did my own 10179 the way you are about to so I can't argue with the Logic.  Good luck on your project sir.  

Just sold mine, First of the month, ending on Sunday. Buyer just found out it weighs 35 lbs and the shipping really is high (I charged $94 so I didn't get screwed)

Sorry for this late notice, due to some urgent circumtances that I could not purchase this item anymore. Would it be possible to cancel it ? Im so sorry for any inconvinience.

Just now, JHolland513 said:

I was referring to my actual car that I drive in real life. However I'm pretty sure they've made a few ripoffs of Lego Porsche and Ferrari sets now; so yes they do.

he was joking because if your car only costs $200 it was probably made by bogus bricks

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mysterhee said:

Hey has anyone been told if the 5,000 people on the waitlist will have their Falcons before the end of the year?

i was told that as soon as All the sepeptember 14th orders have been filled that stores would get a shipment...and online orders would also open up for round 2....

my guess is That  there will be one last HoooRah before 2018...I wouldn't be suprised if the second wave sold out day one also.

Just now, ChadWick1e46 said:

i was told that as soon as All the sepeptember 14th orders have been filled that stores would get a shipment...and online orders would also open up for round 2....

my guess is That  there will be one last HoooRah before 2018...I wouldn't be suprised if the second wave sold out day one also.

I am still waiting for my sept 14th order it still says "waiting for new stock" I called and there was no indication when it would be shipped. 

Just now, Joekr said:

I am still waiting for my sept 14th order it still says "waiting for new stock" I called and there was no indication when it would be shipped. 

I hear ya joe...I went through the same thing day one of the release of the 42056...it took 2 months...plus I got a $20 gift card from lego and a huge apology. 

The thing about that release was a much lower price point of what...$300?(I can't remember) anyways...the day of that release they were letting peeps buy several at first over seas and by the time we got a chance to order in the states(in my case 12:01 am central time)...they were sold out on backorder.

SMH

sooo I'm hoping with a limit of ONE, things will work out better this time, and most sept 14th orders might see and end by November(fingers crossed) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Personally, what sucks about this situation is that the new Falcon would have made a great prize for this years LEGO raffle.  But with no sign of new stock, how could I include it?  Maybe things will improve by the new year.  

An at cost donation of a falcon from a generous reader?

Guest TabbyBoy
26 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Personally, what sucks about this situation is that the new Falcon would have made a great prize for this years LEGO raffle.  But with no sign of new stock, how could I include it?  Maybe things will improve by the new year.  

I'm surprised that you didn't get a couple within minutes of release ;-) Don't worry, they'll be piled high everywhere next year like the DS was.

18 minutes ago, Klownicle said:

An at cost donation of a falcon from a generous reader?

I would consider it.  I wish I had one to donate.  

2 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I'm surprised that you didn't get a couple within minutes of release ;-) Don't worry, they'll be piled high everywhere next year like the DS was.

I tried.