75192 - UCS: Millennium Falcon 2017

chinothegeeko

When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?

• First day VIP early access purchase.
    • 2x VIP promo in October 2017.
    • Wait for discount of between 10%-19%.
    • Wait for discount between 20%-29%.
    • Wait for discount of at least 30%.
    • Wait until it shows solid signs of retiring.
    • No plans to buy this set.

12 minutes ago, Klownicle said:

Don't know what store you have, but my local Downtown Disney hasn't received any stock for two weeks or so and that shipment was the first since release.  Trucks 4 times a week with no falcons, calling each day.  Thankfully usually get someone different.  Lol. One employee said 4-6 weeks before any new shipments yesterday.  On the waitlist myself with no calls.

I have 3 stores within about 30 miles of me so between the 3 there seemed to be at least one restock every week up until the wait list started.  Im number 6 on one of the stores list so I should be one of the first to get a call but nothing so far.

From Craigslist London ....

LEGO Millennium Falcon 2017 BNIB - £700 (London)

LEGO Millennium Falcon 2017 BNIB

Bought for friend, but he no longer needs it as he got his own. Out of stock at LEGO stores until 2018 so grab it while you can for a decent price. 

Looking to sell quickly in the next week, first come first served. Pickup from EC2N area. 

Call Hal on ************

????????

Honest Guv. This isn't a scam...

1 hour ago, biking_tiger said:

The Gingerbread House was free and the Haunt isn't. That's all you need to know. 

The gingerbread house situation was just weird, still have 5 of them I'd be more than happy to offload at 50 or 60 let alone at the prices of the recent amazon crazy'ness, imagine if there were production shutdowns or something on the milf line before Christmas & it saw the same spike :-)

1 minute ago, corbaguy said:

Just called two Lego stores to put my name in the waiting list for the MF. Same story on both, the list is closed because it is over 5000 long. They don't know when it will open again.

are you trying to be sarcastic here? 5000 people on the wait list?

3 minutes ago, corbaguy said:

No sarcasm. True story. This is the total for the district (I'm in the midwest). Heard it from 2 stores in different states.

Quite the popular little set we have here.  Wonder if Lego isn't bothering to increase production due to the size of the set and is just going to let it fester.

anyone know if the newly released 40260 Halloween hunt is worth collecting or even investing? How does one determine if this is one of those Ginger bread house phenomenon 

Make friends with a mommy blogger with a few hundred thousand followers and feed her sets you want to see spike in price. (Pm me the sets you’re sending ahead of time so I can stock up). Bonus points if you can get said blogger to post a link to the amazon listing.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, dah_hunter said:

Just talked to my local store. They have a list of 70 and that's the max. And they don't expect extra till after new years.

are you implying they wont have stock until new year or they wont release more spots on the wait list until new year?

I called my store yesterday in Calgary, AB and they too say the same thing, 5000 names across all stores. I wonder if this means best case scenario is that they could only produce up to 5000 by Christmas. And we know demand doesnt stop there.

also my brother who we both ordered 1 on sept 14 online. I got my in the mail last week, yet his status still shows waiting for stock. The supply is frustratingly slow.

Edited by GenMaster

How many first run MF 10178 with the certificate were issued? I'm thinking at least 10,000?

how many have try produced globally so far? Doesn't sound like enough to even match the initial run of 10179 which doesn't make sense.

I just don't get why they aren't producing more, or at least getting them quickly enough. Makes no sense at all. People willing to pay £650 / $800 and they won't satisfy the demand. Yet they push rubbish sets no one wants. At thatvo c Eliot there must be plenty of profit, why not just take it?

19 minutes ago, andyposterfan said:

How many first run MF 10178 with the certificate were issued? I'm thinking at least 10,000?

how many have try produced globally so far? Doesn't sound like enough to even match the initial run of 10179 which doesn't make sense.

I just don't get why they aren't producing more, or at least getting them quickly enough. Makes no sense at all. People willing to pay £650 / $800 and they won't satisfy the demand. Yet they push rubbish sets no one wants. At thatvo c Eliot there must be plenty of profit, why not just take it?

well in TLG's defense, i am sure the business operation is much different today than it was 10 years ago. TLG probably did not have to produce and sustain the same amount of sets then as they do now.

you also may not know if they run into any type of manufacturing issue where ramping up any production becomes an issue. I work in a manufacturing facility so I know shortages happen more often than not.

or it could merely be TLG completely underestimated demand. they probably figure, well we will make this for a few years whats the rush for those that want one in due time, and having say a 20k production limit would be enough to cover the holiday season. well I guess they were wrong. the first UCS falcon had what 20k production and that was it. TLG is making 20k units just for the holiday and will continue to make them for a couple of years based on demand. so essentially raising the production limit by 3-5x and yet here we are it was still underwhelming

Edited by GenMaster

Went to LEGO Store today and was told (as may have been said by others) that they are no longer taking names for waiting lists, had received shipments up until last week with no expectation of new shipments (as focus will be fulfilling previously paid orders) and doubted any more would be available in her store before the end of the year.

3 hours ago, kris_1973 said:

Went to LEGO Store today and was told (as may have been said by others) that they are no longer taking names for waiting lists, had received shipments up until last week with no expectation of new shipments (as focus will be fulfilling previously paid orders) and doubted any more would be available in her store before the end of the year.

Well looks like We all got some time to kill ...

I'm #4 on my lego store list and WAS hopeful I might see an end to this before 2017 was over and done with...but Now reading these posts it seems I have to put up with peeps in here bragging about getting 2 or 3 of these sets with Cat pics  eating jabba the hut cereal while using the 75192 box as a Cat lounger.

sooo ...I'm thinking Of grabbing an LG OLED UHDTV, Apple 4K Box, and Hooking up my XBOX ONE and Play some Star Wars Battlefront 2.

...no sense holding on to $900 bucks while TLG yanks our chains through Christmas. 

And by January or even February Maybe we'll get the Call...

But I digress...i find it Extremely hard to believe that every lego Store will receive Zero shipments through Christmas till 2018.

IMG_2070.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1